Management Bonuses

Here we go AGAIN ! ! ! I thought the old management team was gone. Remember this during union integration when the company refuses to cough up any cash. WOW. :rolleyes:

TEMPE, Ariz. - Executives of the new US Airways could receive incentive bonuses of between 35 percent and 80 percent of their salaries if performance targets are met.

Full Story
paragraph 4:

. . . and would not be made unless the employee profit-sharing plan kicks in that year.

This is also part of the filing

"The Committee may also grant incentive awards, discretionary bonus awards or qualified bonus awards in lieu of or, in some cases, in addition to, the qualified incentive awards."

Ms. Eberwein neglected to point out bonuses could be given even if there is no profit-sharing.

Folks let me clear any misunderstanding up.

All are neccessary for a complete and safe operation. A solid and progressive management team understands that. The most important asset a company, any company, is its employees. Southwest understands that. So do a bunch of other companies who are consistently profitable and great places to work. I cannot speak for other professions. Only mine.

Yes, mechanics are why I am at altitude. But my ass, as well as my passengers and crew are the ones who will pay with their lives if a bolt is left off. But I have the responsibility of getting the jet on the ground if that happens. That responsibility is why I'm the ultimate end game of everything else anyone does. Yes, I depend on the entire company to ensure the safety of that jet. But only I can rectify a mistake of maintenance, loading, etc...... once the plane is off the ground.

When I say my profession is the most responsible and most important that is what I refer to. It is not a knock against any other position in this business. Please don't take it as such. We all are neccessary.

The company has always attempted to pit one group against others. And it has worked. They've even divided the pilot group. What needs to be focused on here is holding this management responsible for its job. They hold us accountable. We need to do the same with them.

Our unions need to unite and scream when bonuses are paid out as our pensions and pay stay in the crapper. This is my point. My union has been the worst offender. I hope we can all stop the nonsense and degradation of our careers while the "talent" continues to reward itself.

pilot

Bob,

They can be provided bonuses regardless of profits.

This is also part of the filing

"The Committee may also grant incentive awards, discretionary bonus awards or qualified bonus awards in lieu of or, in some cases, in addition to, the qualified incentive awards."

Bob,

Not saying you are wrong. I am not ready to give this crew the benefit of a doubt yet.

Measuring any CEO by Wolf ethics is setting the bar very low.

Theres alot going on in this thread and I dont know where to start. I agree that our pilots are very important and so are the other work groups. We all have jobs to do that support this airline in whatever capacity. The fact that we're on this board speaks to our dedication and I would hope professionalism in our chosen fields. It reminds me of a long story about the brain thinking they were the most important part of the body,than the heart and so on. The "bottom end" decided to close up and the body died due to poisoning of retained excrement. (If anyone would like to find and post the original "story" please do.) My point here is that everyone gets paid to do a job. Why does managment think they deserve "bonuses?" I think everyone should receive the same percentage in profit sharing, as we all contribute to the bottom line. Bonuses to upper management when most groups have taken pay cuts and pensions losses are just another slap in the face. I dont care what side of the merger you come from it leads to poor morale. How about Leadership by Example? I would work double shifts and my days off if I felt there was true respect for our jobs but no one has shown me any. And yes, frontline employees can add to the bottom line. We know we do not have pax lives in our hands and respect the education and knowlege of those that do. We dont ask for the same pay or "bonuses" only a little respect.

I'm curious how everyone would feel about the bonuses if they were only handed out if everyone else got profit sharing at the same time? Would you still have an objection?

I'm curious how everyone would feel about the bonuses if they were only handed out if everyone else got profit sharing at the same time? Would you still have an objection?
Why shouldnt they receive the same percentage of profit sharing as the the rest of the company? Why should they be entitled to any more than any other employee? Thirty five percent and above bonuses are not acceptable for this company to give at this time or any other. We are an industry in turmoil. Fuel prices can surge at any time due to the crisis in the middle east. Terrorists threats against this country are still hanging over our heads. How about building a fund for a rainy day? How about trying to make sure that every group in this company has everything they need to perform their jobs and extra money available if the need arises. NO, bonuses are not acceptable!

Folks let me clear any misunderstanding up.

All are neccessary for a complete and safe operation. A solid and progressive management team understands that. The most important asset a company, any company, is its employees. Southwest understands that. So do a bunch of other companies who are consistently profitable and great places to work. I cannot speak for other professions. Only mine.

Yes, mechanics are why I am at altitude. But my ass, as well as my passengers and crew are the ones who will pay with their lives if a bolt is left off. But I have the responsibility of getting the jet on the ground if that happens. That responsibility is why I'm the ultimate end game of everything else anyone does. Yes, I depend on the entire company to ensure the safety of that jet. But only I can rectify a mistake of maintenance, loading, etc...... once the plane is off the ground.

When I say my profession is the most responsible and most important that is what I refer to. It is not a knock against any other position in this business. Please don't take it as such. We all are neccessary.

The company has always attempted to pit one group against others. And it has worked. They've even divided the pilot group. What needs to be focused on here is holding this management responsible for its job. They hold us accountable. We need to do the same with them.

Our unions need to unite and scream when bonuses are paid out as our pensions and pay stay in the crapper. This is my point. My union has been the worst offender. I hope we can all stop the nonsense and degradation of our careers while the "talent" continues to reward itself.

pilot

pilot says he's the "ultimate end game"

We're not Worthy..... :rolleyes:

Just a touch too much on the Drama... ;)

they are bleeding the investors dry and the stock holders out of all
the money that was put in. didnt these people see what happened to Bonner and his alabama penison fund

Pilot, I can't take credit for the following, and I am paraphrasing:

When you elect to join a union, and base your salary level entirely on seniority (and therefore equipment size), you give up the option to base your salary on anything else.

Your salary is not based on your "responsibility" level, it is based on your market value.

2 years ago non-union non-management US West employees did get a 10 percent bonus...execs got bonuses too. Execs got a little more due to their level of responsibility. Not sure about union employees. I don't think they participated cause it wasn't in the contract. Profit sharing is a good idea for everyone in the company. Just makes sense to reward success.