Management Bonuses

SKY HIGH

Veteran
May 22, 2004
TEMPE, Ariz. - Executives of the new US Airways could receive incentive bonuses of between 35 percent and 80 percent of their salaries if performance targets are met.

The distributions set by the Compensation and Human Resources Committee of the company's board of directors, according to a Security and Exchange Commission filing on Monday: Chief executive officer, 80 percent; executive vice presidents, 60 percent; senior vice presidents, 45 percent; and vice presidents, 35 percent.

The goals could include earnings, net income, earnings per share, profitability, profit margins, stock price, market share and expense levels.

ARTICLE LINK:http://www.timesonline.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=15995208&BRD=2305&PAG=740&dept_id=478554&rfi=6

TEMPE, Ariz. - Executives of the new US Airways could receive incentive bonuses of between 35 percent and 80 percent of their salaries if performance targets are met.

The distributions set by the Compensation and Human Resources Committee of the company's board of directors, according to a Security and Exchange Commission filing on Monday: Chief executive officer, 80 percent; executive vice presidents, 60 percent; senior vice presidents, 45 percent; and vice presidents, 35 percent.

The goals could include earnings, net income, earnings per share, profitability, profit margins, stock price, market share and expense levels.
ARTICLE LINK:http://www.timesonline.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=15995208&BRD=2305&PAG=740&dept_id=478554&rfi=6
Your link doesn't work. Would be interesting to see the criteria that must be met. So much for the working stiffs, huh?? :angry:

Your link doesn't work. Would be interesting to see the criteria that must be met. So much for the working stiffs, huh?? :angry:
http://www.timesonline.com/site/news.cfm?n...id=478569&rfi=8

This should work. So much for the union people. Looks like they lose AGAIN!! :down:

sky high states: Can someone post the Link? Article is at the BEAVER COUNTY TIMES--->www.Timesonline.com
Home > News > Business News > Top Finance News

thanks!

This should work. So much for the union people. Looks like they lose AGAIN!!

Hey,you forgot a part.
"The old US Airways, coming out of its second bankruptcy, established a profit-sharing plan with union workers. Union workers at merger partner America West Airlines also will be included in the profit-sharing plan, as well as nonunion workers", Eberwein said. :)

Hey,you forgot a part.
"The old US Airways, coming out of its second bankruptcy, established a profit-sharing plan with union workers. Union workers at merger partner America West Airlines also will be included in the profit-sharing plan, as well as nonunion workers", Eberwein said. :)
Thanks.............didn't know that.

The merged pilot agreement is now being negotiated. The company will attempt to bring down the houly rate of the AWA pilots to match the rates of the U group. In light of the recent bonuses already paid to upper management and with what has just been shown is going to be paid to this "talent" again, ALPA has justification for not giving in to the company demand.

It is high time for this pilot group to stop the nonsense. Will that happen? I certainly hope the AWA pilots have more guts than the U pilots of CLT, BOS, and DCA. At some point in time (like right now) we have to understand the pilot cost is not the problem.

No way we all make less than the AWA hourly rate. If they can pay the "talent" then they can pay the professionals who have the most important and most responsible postitions in the company.

pilot

The merged pilot agreement is now being negotiated. The company will attempt to bring down the houly rate of the AWA pilots to match the rates of the U group. In light of the recent bonuses already paid to upper management and with what has just been shown is going to be paid to this "talent" again, ALPA has justification for not giving in to the company demand.

It is high time for this pilot group to stop the nonsense. Will that happen? I certainly hope the AWA pilots have more guts than the U pilots of CLT, BOS, and DCA. At some point in time (like right now) we have to understand the pilot cost is not the problem.

No way we all make less than the AWA hourly rate. If they can pay the "talent" then they can pay the professionals who have the most important and most responsible postitions in the company.

pilot
And that should go for ALL the professionals within the organization.........maintenance, engineering, mx programs, tech writers, mx control, pilots, fa's!!

And that should go for ALL the professionals within the organization.........maintenance, engineering, mx programs, tech writers, mx control, pilots, fa's!!
don't forget the other employees who work just as hard for even less--crew schedulers, res agents, HR people, accountants, admin assistants, IT, etc, etc

Hey,you forgot a part
And don't forget this part as well--

Though the awards would be made for performance this year, the payout would not be until 2007, said Elise Eberwein, US Airways' senior vice president of corporate communications, and would not be made unless the employee profit-sharing plan kicks in that year.

don't forget the other employees who work just as hard for even less--crew schedulers, res agents, HR people, accountants, admin assistants.
And don't forget this part as well--

Though the awards would be made for performance this year, the payout would not be until 2007, said Elise Eberwein, US Airways' senior vice president of corporate communications, and would not be made unless the employee profit-sharing plan kicks in that year.
No intentional omission of ANY employee. Should have ....... the end of the sentence. Apologies.

I for one, am NOT holding my breath for a 2007 pay out......just as I have not held my breath for any other previous versions of profit sharing. :rolleyes:

pilot
No one job in the company is more important than others. Sure, planes can't fly without pilots--but they can't fly without FA's either. And What would happen if you had now HR people to hire pilots? Or schedulers to cover all those sick calls? Or gate agents to check-in passengers?

No intentional omission of ANY employee. Should have ....... the end of the sentence. Apologies.

I for one, am NOT holding my breath for a 2007 pay out......just as I have not held my breath for any other previous versions of profit sharing. :rolleyes:
Oh, no apology needed--I didn't think you were inteionally forgetting anyone--just wanted to point the other jobs out myself :)

I definitely am not counting on a bonus anytime soon--but it's good to know that management will ONLY take a bonus if WE get one too. Sure, there's is much more ..but to me, it's a start--and a sign that this team deserves to be given a chance.

I believe what pilot is meaning to say is the pilots are the ones who are burdened with the responsibility of life or death every time they get on the a/c.
Their decisions will either get the plane and its passengers there safely, or not.
And they may be called upon to make their decision in a split second. There is nowhere to pass the buck at altitude, and if you screw up, people die.
By the time a pilot reaches a major airline, they are VERY highly trained, and have spent a lot of their own time and money to get there.
We definitley want the best. I know I do, as a FA, I rely on my pilots to bring me home safe every time I go to work.
Good pilots are worth the money.

Good management is important, too, but they usually are not responsible for human life.

I believe what pilot is meaning to say is the pilots are the ones who are burdened with the responsibility of life or death every time they get on the a/c.
Their decisions will either get the plane and its passengers there safely, or not.
And they may be called upon to make their decision in a split second. There is nowhere to pass the buck at altitude, and if you screw up, people die.
By the time a pilot reaches a major airline, they are VERY highly trained, and have spent a lot of their own time and money to get there.
We definitley want the best. I know I do, as a FA, I rely on my pilots to bring me home safe every time I go to work.
Good pilots are worth the money.

Good management is important, too, but they usually are not responsible for human life.
And as I'm sure pilot realizes, highly skilled and professional mechanics are why they are at altitude. :)

Hey,you forgot a part.
And other part that was not forgot. The profit sharing plan voted and approved in the Jan 05 iam mechanic and related contract was reduced in the bankruptcy courts. :angry: One last BOHECA to the guys. :down:

Full Story