F/A busted at customs

So what I am reading here is that the company said we are not allowed to bring our own purchased mini's? So I'm a Grey Goose vodka drinker and can't bring my own? I don't see how they could prevent you from doing so. That's YOUR business. Where is this memo. Not discounting that the memo exists but simply would like to read it. The morons that write this $H!T at US. Ugggggh.
I don't remember where I read the memo, but I think that it was in crewmail. I'm assuming that this is a West policy since we've always been allowed to buy our own liquor in any form. It is not against our contract to drink legally.

You assume? Could it be possible that a HP fa might not know that, seeing as they have not flown Transatlantic? Or, maybe they are all just much more stupid than their "East" counterparts (you know, the ones that voted in the last 3 concessionary USAir contracts and went to work for MDA, a "division" that paid less than HP....)

Glass houses.... :ph34r:

I think you'll find that everyone from MDA that took the recall to HP took a paycut, but why would you know that. Also no one MDA eligible voted on the concessionary contracts. You can't do better than that?

And yes, a lot of east F/As are pretty f-in stupid too, a lot of people in general are, but even my dad knows that after coming in from Munich I'm not going to chug on and do a Milwaukee turn. Any F/A would know that unless they just fell of the tomato wagon.

Be like Avis and try harder. I'll be here.

*sips wine*

Just a couple of points.

US1, take a look at a few minis in the future. Nearly all of them do indeed say "Transportation" somewhere on the bottle. The may be on the label or printed on the container itself.

Also, I don't know East FA routing, specifically if arriving FA's from a Transatlantic leg are often scheduled for a domestic leg or not, but suppose a FA arrived and had a leg and was detained in Customs while all other crew members made it through. That would potentially either make the FA or the crew late to the next flight and then it is definately the company's business. As I said, I don't know what the schedules are, but that is one possible answer.

Doing a random non scientific check on the liquor bottles in my freezer, err liquor kit, you are right. Courvoisier, Vodka and Jack Daniels do say "FOR TRANSPORTATION ONLY." The Gin, Rum, Canadian Club, Baileys and Rum do not.

I think you'll find that everyone from MDA that took the recall to HP took a paycut, but why would you know that. Also no one MDA eligible voted on the concessionary contracts. You can't do better than that?

And yes, a lot of east F/As are pretty f-in stupid too, a lot of people in general are, but even my dad knows that after coming in from Munich I'm not going to chug on and do a Milwaukee turn. Any F/A would know that unless they just fell of the tomato wagon.

Be like Avis and try harder. I'll be here.

*sips wine*

Really? Strange. I was under the impression that MDA was shut down completely. (But why would I know that; no one at mainline cared about MDA or it's fine employees anyway, right? :rolleyes:) To me, anyone accepting the offer of employment at HP would have then received a pay raise, no?

And, if the HP employees, as a whole, are neanderthals, as you attempt to demonstrate in most of your posts, why oh why would any of the fine, hardworking employees of the MDA division even have considered lowering their standards and accepting employment at such a third rate junk outfit? Oh, right, love of the job. Guess you would do it for free? :lol:

Try harder.....

Wow, that was... stupid. Where to begin.

The division was shut down. Who implied it wasn't?

And no, they did not recieve a pay raise. You do know that HP starting pay is $16.13? HP starting pay is lower than what anyone at MDA was making (not sure what MDA starting pay was as no one ever started there- your pay was based on your longevity with US). I personally gained a dollar and lost a block upon return to mainline (east), so make less money now than I did during MDA, but don't rely on it for my income at this time so don't go for most time or do ETB.

Coincidentally, MDA's replacement, Republic's F/As also make more starting than HP, as does Piedmont Airlines F/As.

So no, no US F/A, MDA or not, ever recieved a pay raise by going to HP.

I did not accept any offer of employment at HP, so cannot speak for that.

Give us your point again please.

Oh, and I don't have to try, it's effortless.

Wow, that was... stupid. Where to begin.

The division was shut down. Who implied it wasn't?

And no, they did not recieve a pay raise. You do know that HP starting pay is $16.13? HP starting pay is lower than what anyone at MDA was making (not sure what MDA starting pay was as no one ever started there- your pay was based on your longevity with US). I personally gained a dollar and lost a block upon return to mainline (east), so make less money now than I did during MDA, but don't rely on it for my income at this time so don't go for most time or do ETB.

Coincidentally, MDA's replacement, Republic's F/As also make more starting than HP, as does Piedmont Airlines F/As.

So no, no US F/A, MDA or not, ever recieved a pay raise by going to HP.

I did not accept any offer of employment at HP, so cannot speak for that.

Give us your point again please.

Oh, and I don't have to try, it's effortless.

Ok, I am growing bored quickly. :blink:

You did not receive a pay raise by going to HP. MDA was shut down. Why, oh why, then, would such fabulous, upstanding FA's go to work for such a junk outfit like HP? Maybe you could speak for your counterparts that chose that path? I mean, how could they lower themselves to work with and be employed by such... such.... lowlifes (as you paint them in many of your posts)?

And going from no stewardess job to a stewardess job = pay raise. I am still in shock that people actually went to MDA in the first place.... an airline within an airline.... a pay cut that set precedents throughout the industry.... wow. You took that mainline flying and you ran with it. Why weren't you standing up for your rights back then? You got lots to say about the HP FA's, but you sold yourself out for the job so fast your head spun. Thank god you weren't able to vote in the concessionary contracts; you probably would have voted to transfer more mainline flying to the jungle jets..... Whew, we dodged a bullet on that one!

Oh right, love of the job. I keep forgetting.

Get the point yet? Put down the wine and focus. For just a minute.

No, you're still wrong, were proven so, and look lame.

You're stretching. Industry precedent? You're correct that US AFA and ALPA's general shortsightedness and selfishness has lowered the bar for major airlines to, well, America West levels. I, however, didn't vote for any of the above- you did.

You voted to transfer flying to an internal division and eventually off the property altogether. We fought to get rid of the "second" contract on the property, even if it meant a return to furlough or at the least reserve. We were not completely successful, but we were able to get 96% of our group involved in a lawsuit. We've won a few small battles such as getting the company to give us our profit sharing and getting the union to stop trying to get us to pay union dues now for months we were MDA, therefore arguably not represented. What have you done? Nothing.

The idea of me voting for more outsourcing is laughable if you've ever read a single post of mine.

Since you brought it up though, thank you for the block and the pay raise for those two years. I enjoyed flying the Embraer and having every single holiday and weekend off while you went back on reserve.

OK,

This one is seriously off topic and will be closed unless steered back.

The topic is about an unfortunate incident with a flight attendant-it is not about unions, compensation, MDA or anything of the kind.

There are specific union threads for that discussion. Use them.

No, you're still wrong, were proven so, and look lame.

You're stretching. Industry precedent? You're correct that US AFA and ALPA's general shortsightedness and selfishness has lowered the bar for major airlines to, well, America West levels. I, however, didn't vote for any of the above- you did.

As for MDA, thank you for the block and the pay raise for those two years. I enjoyed flying the Embraer and having every single holiday and weekend off while you went back on reserve.
I never had a block. I actually have no problem with this reserve system because I live here and don't fly. Sorry. I could live like this until 2012 and be happy happy happy.

So if MDA was at "America West levels", how are you able to paint them in such a disparaging light?

You have no idea how I voted, and it should not concern you, since you were all too happy to run and work for an outfit that essentially shaved off mainline flying, and created a C scale that set a precedent throughout the industry for Pilots and FA's alike (you can deny it if you would like...) But at least you had a block and holidays off. I believe you stole the very mainline flying that you so wish we had back. It's at Republic now, but what's the difference?

Laughable. You will never get it.

No, US Airways is at America West levels. And again, you voted, your majority spoke, not me, nor did anyone vote for you. You also continue to work for the airline that, I agree, has brought the industry to a ridiculous place in compensation and scope clause.

I also live here and don't rely on US Airways for anything but a bit of fun anymore but still fight for a fair quality of life for my peers. Given up the fight, huh?

On topic, some of the liquor minis say 'transportation' on them, some don't.

No, US Airways is at America West levels. And again, you voted, your majority spoke, not me, nor did anyone vote for you. You also continue to work for the airline that, I agree, has brought the industry to a ridiculous place in compensation and scope clause.

I also live here and don't rely on US Airways for anything but a bit of fun anymore but still fight for a fair quality of life for my peers. Given up the fight, huh?

On topic, some of the liquor minis say 'transportation' on them, some don't.
Never givin' up the fight! How nice of you to be so concerned for your peers. That is admirable.

No one voted for me, but they had no problem staffing that C scale, America West-like airline, did they? Who lowered the bar?

Back to the minis... and the wine.....

Back