F/A transition agreement reached

How can that be? The letter claims that training is March, April, June?

If that's a union letter I didn't receive it.

Well you must be on furlough and were never in the 170 division then. I don't think they send you the MAA council E-lines if you didn't come back.

I heard about 20 signed up, mostly for the June class. Don't know if that's good or bad. Don't know if it's showing the company and the union or giving them what they want.

you're right ... I apologize. :unsure:

However, it stated training for March, April or June. Can we get this clarified?

Thanks
[/quote

per uswest inflight, they plan on having classes in march(at least 2 maybe 4) depends on the response they get from us east invols, then 2 in april, then the june class has been moved up to may, then sched classes throughout the year, 30 per class,,,,,,FYI

I heard about 20 signed up, mostly for the June class. Don't know if that's good or bad. Don't know if it's showing the company and the union or giving them what they want.

Per Thelma Summers at US EAST Inflight Admin, they have recieved 149 bid forms. Of that 149, approximately half passed, 45 for the March class, 3 for June class, and the rest for the April class. I called to verify if my fax was received, so these numbers are correct! :up: She said that on Monday (Jan 30) she expects more faxes to come in, seeing how we all like to take our time doing things...hope this helps!!!

I've already alerted the local media.
[/quote]
You think the media really cares about union matters anymore? I did not see much sympathy for the northwest mechanics or the new york tranist workers or the pilot groups for delta and northwest. What do you think the media will say about the fa group or any other unionized group in US Airways? It will be a 10 sec segment if that and then it will be over.

Appears to be a pretty good deal for invol. furloughees from US Airways. I like the part that if offered a job on AW side, they are eligible for benefits from the first day of training. In this day and age of $30,000 hospital bills for removal of an ingrown toenail, benefits are nice to have.

The cost for medical coverage employee contribution is extremely high for the pay rate. Many will not be able to afford the deduction, and probably take their chances.

The cost for medical coverage employee contribution is extremely high for the pay rate. Many will not be able to afford the deduction, and probably take their chances.

SKY HIGH states: Exactly! Notice the INCREASES on an employee Blue Cross, Blue Shield card? Up, up, UP. Long term Medication?......expect that in the mail. :down:

Hmmmm Talk about the medical coverage going up. I just was prescibed a cough medicine from my doctor. Now this is a very common cough medicine that could be taken on the plane. I made sure it didn't have codeine (i think thats the spelling) so I wouldn't fall over the beverage cart or pass out in the jumpseat. The script price was $50.00. Thanks anyway, I went and bought a box of that new stuff Mucinex. Worked great and the family moved out for $20.00. Goodluck to the invols comming back. You'll be traveling the back streets of chinatown for a backstreet remedy.

Hmmmm Talk about the medical coverage going up. I just was prescibed a cough medicine from my doctor. Now this is a very common cough medicine that could be taken on the plane. I made sure it didn't have codeine (i think thats the spelling) so I wouldn't fall over the beverage cart or pass out in the jumpseat. The script price was $50.00. Thanks anyway, I went and bought a box of that new stuff Mucinex. Worked great and the family moved out for $20.00. Goodluck to the invols comming back. You'll be traveling the back streets of chinatown for a backstreet remedy.
The AWA health plans are not that bad.. well not yet anyway!! Pretty much like our old plans back when we had a choice and they were pretty inexpensive.

Back