Fact, You guys will complain about anything!

Actually John John I stand by my comment...which has nothing to do with credibility. There need to be changes which improve productivity and which allows employees to work together. The days of someone making a stink if a pilot helps clean the cabin are gone-get over it. I think with some creative thinking and more cooperation, you could get wage increases in exchange for increased productivity. But no one appears to want to think outside the box to fix problems---henceforth nothing changes.

At the end of the day, the status quo just won't cut it any more.

My BEST to you all.....
You lose credibility with your comment…
I stand by my comment. Work rules are not the/a problem and to say otherwise is a lack of knowledge, which goes to credibility

Reactions: 1 person
John,

Art is a nice guy but not union-friendly, he has no idea how much the CBAs and the workforce were gutted. And why is it ok for Parker, Kirby, Isom and other executives have contracts and not the workers who make the company run and earn its money?

You are correct 700 in general I am not union friendly, however in this case I side with you guys over management. I had used an outdated example of work rules, for which I admit my error. The theme, however, is valid.

I understand the reasons for the complaining and poor morale. I place that blame squarely on management. As long as they treat employees like the enemy, and take away the tools with which to do their jobs properly, de-incentivize helping customers find solutions and keep their pay the lowest in the industry, nothing will change.

Management thinks they're doing fine because they made a profit, and they don't need to address operational, customer service or employee morale issues. I got news for them. THEY DO. Given proper tools, I am sure you can save them more than enough money to give you raises to competitive levels, make you proud to come to work and allow you to help customers without fear of reprisal. Our recent poll showed there is still an underlying loyalty to US, and that except for hub captives, it is you, the people, who keep people coming back--but MANY have left over poor treatment due to policies, inability to override computers when necessary, and stupid fees like charging your MOST LOYAL customers for coach seats. As I said to Doug, would you rather have my $15 today, or do you want my $15K during the year??? Maybe my $15K and that of thousands who they drove away would have helped the bottom line even more...but that's another story.

Look - I just flew US for the first time in almost 4 years...and I am happy to say it was a fine experience. The aircraft were relatively clean, the crews were very friendly and efficient, and I got where I was going on time....I just don't remember the pitch in F on the 319's being that tight ;)

Alot of things need to change for US to truly succeed....improving morale, empowering employees to help customers with problems, and realizing that you're all on the same side would be a good start....if you have happy employees you are MUCH more likely to have happy customers.

My BEST to you all....

Fine! Let's pretend we don't see the bull in the china shop. This is to those who think that management is the problem for the employees woes, while being blinded to the obvious...a house divided cannot stand!

I am union and of my 35+ years in the workforce, come 2013 will make 30 years that I've been union. But I'm European and witnessed the power of true unions as they shut down, not an industry, but a country with a general strike!

Management's job is to divide and conquer. US is giving management a free ride being divided by a union matter. Blaming management for taking advantage of the situation is, well how do I put this...STUPID! East/West is doing a fine job for management who sits back and reaps the rewards.

India and China have enough pilots to cover the entire US roll call, and they are just waiting to fly your white flags. Until a union is truly united, management has the upper hand and blame no one but those in the mirror :angry:

Reactions: 2 people
I'd say it's a safe bet that most want to be unified but convincing our elected officials is another story. It's easy to WANT something but getting your union to actually follow through is another issue all together. They throw obstacles and find murky ways to circumnavigate the C&B language. All a group can do now is stand together and kick out those that don't represent the group and do what's wanted. Not what THEY feel is right. I say we stop dishing out our union business on public forums for management to see and show a unified front. It's like family, we all may not get along behind closed doors but to everyone outside you put on your best and smile. ;)

But it is an undisputable fact that this airline provides a better service now under this management than prior. It is also a fact that the companies financial shape is better under this management and that our jobs are more secure then ever! And no matter what other continued improvement are made you guys will beotch and moan about your lot in life and that’s a fact!

But I bet they'll be taking the profit sharing check......

Reactions: 2 people
I'd like to know NEWMAN just what your capacity is within "usairways" today. Obviously it isn't in a customer facing role. Or any inflight capacity. I bet your desk job is suited for you.

I've been on the front lines (CSA)for the last 26 of my 29 years. Kills your theory doesn't it?
Doug destroyed US? If it wasn't for Doug Parker. we would've liquidated back in 2005. Want Seigel back? No wait, you probably do

Welcome back! miss a lot in the past 3 years
Ever here of Bruce Lakefield

Why wouldn't we? We're the ones generating them.
EXACTLY! The current US may be profitable but there is NO WAY In HELL anyone would say "US is a 'better airline' under the guidance of the current Regieme. The current US merely gets You from A-to-B, nothing special about it. The majority of the Employees are happy to be employed but there IS Nothing worth doing a cartwheel over. The missteps and failed policies (too many to list.....excessive fees, bungled Res Migration,Bev for Purchase Program, Failed Coup of Delta, United debacle,Pilot fiasco and general State of Chaos.......I told You the List goes On, and On and On.........and let's NOT forget the Magic Carpet Ride to Beijing <rotflmao>). Tempe just DOESN'T "GET IT" as far as The East is concerned is the General Consensus. Most people are UNATTACHED at THIS POINT. It is more a "Marriage of Convenience".........most will put Up With their BS for Only So Long and So Much. And as far as Running A BETTER Airline? I highly doubt ANYONE from either side would even bother auditioning for Lead Majorette in THIS PARADE. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3 people
But it is an undisputable fact that this airline provides a better service now under this management than prior.

Shooo-wheee, my dogs are barkin' today! Think I'll stretch out here a bit... hey, ain't that the old American West logo up there on the wall?

97464e3a.jpg

Where's the stewardess? I need another drink!

ee9dcf4c.jpg