You control almost everything that happens.

UPNAWAY

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
DALLAS
:rolleyes:

People, almost all that ones life is or is about to become is because of the things you do! I haven't spent the amount of time you guys spend in one day "Worrying" about what management is going to do in my entire life. I have to worry about what I am going to do and you know what? If one does that no matter what other people do will have little to no effect on your success. Is this an "East Coast" thing?
You and only you control your destiny! It seems that most of you are waiting around for someone to tell you what to do. It reminds me of the East Germans who after the wall came down where miserable. Because for their entire life's they had been told what to do and freedom didn't sit well with them. Go out and make your jobs better! Go out and make your lifes better! If that means leaving aviation do that,if that means going back to school do that but stop complaining that does nothing but make you look small.

Nothing inspires the troops like an illiterate corporate stooge.

Yes an nothing inspires like cute little mantras and slogans! I can think of only 3 places one sees those.
1 High School
2 Gay Pride rallys
3 Unions

great company your keeping there

[quote name'UPNAWAY'

'Yes an nothing inspires like cute little mantras and slogans! I can think of only 3 places one sees those.
1 High School
2 Gay Pride rallys
3 Unions

great company your keeping there'

I guess in your case we can rule out numbers 1 and 3.

It reminds me of the East Germans who after the wall came down where miserable. Because for their entire life's they had been told what to do and freedom didn't sit well with them.

The East Germans were miserable because the West Germans discriminated against them as they were "stealing jobs from West Germans" and working for low pay. The West Germans did little to alleviate the East German states problems of poverty, unemployment and environmental damage after reunification. Your analogy is faulty.

Of course one can control their destiny. You realize of course this may also include working to undo negative and unnecessary situations. They have been plugging away through the tough times and keeping the place a going concern; Do not ignore or forget that.

Maybe a discussion wasn't what you wanted? I suspect so and I'll not dissect unless you like. Was the opening rant just another way to say "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"?

A PEX veteran perhaps?

The East Germans were miserable because the West Germans discriminated against them as they were "stealing jobs from West Germans" and working for low pay. The West Germans did little to alleviate the East German states problems of poverty, unemployment and environmental damage after reunification. Your analogy is faulty.

Boy are you off base! I am German and I was there!
The Easties as we called them where scared shitless to leave their hosue, much less look for a job or star a business. The West Germans didn't discriminate in fact they opened their arms much like the US did for New Orleans after Katrina. The problems of unemployement, poverty and especialy environmental damage was becuase of the Communist not the West, the West spent billions after reunification but the Malaise that the East had was home grown it wa their culter. My analogy fits perfectly

The Easties as we called them where scared shitless to leave their hosue, much less look for a job or star a business. The West Germans didn't discriminate in fact they opened their arms much like the US did for New Orleans after Katrina. The problems of unemployement, poverty and especialy environmental damage was becuase of the Communist not the West, the West spent billions after reunification but the Malaise that the East had was home grown it wa their culter. My analogy fits perfectly

Du bist kein Deutscher aber du bist ein kleines Stinktier.

:eek:ff: :boring: :eek:ff: :boring: :eek:ff: :boring: :eek:ff: :boring: :eek:ff: :boring:..This Is Amerika...Talk Amerikan Pleaze...

Oh new to the ol' USA... Still under the impression that this is the land of the free.. Liv'n the dream..
Know your opening statements make since..

People, almost all that ones life is or is about to become is because of the things you do! I haven't spent the amount of time you guys spend in one day "Worrying" about what management is going to do in my entire life. I have to worry about what I am going to do and you know what? If one does that no matter what other people do will have little to no effect on your success. Is this an "East Coast" thing?
You and only you control your destiny! It seems that most of you are waiting around for someone to tell you what to do. It reminds me of the East Germans who after the wall came down where miserable. Because for their entire life's they had been told what to do and freedom didn't sit well with them. Go out and make your jobs better! Go out and make your lifes better! If that means leaving aviation do that,if that means going back to school do that but stop complaining that does nothing but make you look small.
Here on the east were like the battered wife waiting for are husband(management) to come home from the bar for another beating