Fall Schedule is Out

SharoninSAT said:
Just an FYI… On July 21st we will open the schedule 
from Jan. 5th thru Mar. 7th…

More growth coming...  :)

As they've always said… dates are subject to change! ;)  
The July 21st schedule opening has been changed to Aug. 4th.
The new schedule will still be from Jan. 5th thru Mar. 7th...

SharoninSAT said:

As they've always said… dates are subject to change! ;)  
The July 21st schedule opening has been changed to Aug. 4th.
The new schedule will still be from Jan. 5th thru Mar. 7th...
And we will patiently wait, thx Sharon...

"Southwest Airlines adding 27 flights to new cities, cutting others"

"Come Sunday, Southwest Airlines will add 27 nonstop flights to eight more cities from Dallas Love Field as it continues to expand since flight restrictions lifted at that airport earlier this month.

The Wright Amendment, which became federal law in early 1980 to protect Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, originally allowed short flights from Love Field only to other Texas cities and adjacent states. A 2006 revision let Love Field carriers fly to any U.S. airport after making one stop in Wright amendment cities."

The new cities that Southwest will fly to starting Sunday are: Atlanta; Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood, Fla., Nashville, Tenn.; New York (LaGuardia), Phoenix; San Diego; Santa Ana/Orange County, Calif., and Tampa, Fla.
However, also on Sunday, Southwest will cut 18 flights to to nine cities in Wright amendment states. Those cities are: Albuquerque, N.M.; Austin; El Paso; Houston; Little Rock, Ark.; Kansas City, Mo.; San Antonio; St. Louis; and Tulsa, Okla. (See the chart at right for more details on the changes.)
It's all part of a mix-and-match that occurs as Southwest fine tunes where it flies with local demand and connections as it expands its operations at Dallas Love Field after the Wright Amendment expired.

"We make all of these decisions based on local traffic patterns," said Southwest spokesman Brad Hawkins. For example, the Dallas-Austin route will decline from 12 daily week-day flights to 10, but "many of those passengers were just passing through Austin, now it's dedicated passengers," he said.'

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/20141031-southwest-airlines-adding-27-flights-to-new-cities-cutting-others-in-post-wright-amendment-adjustments.ece

Reactions: 1 person
Glenn Quagmire said:
"Southwest Airlines adding 27 flights to new cities, cutting others"

"Come Sunday, Southwest Airlines will add 27 nonstop flights to eight more cities from Dallas Love Field as it continues to expand since flight restrictions lifted at that airport earlier this month.

The Wright Amendment, which became federal law in early 1980 to protect Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, originally allowed short flights from Love Field only to other Texas cities and adjacent states. A 2006 revision let Love Field carriers fly to any U.S. airport after making one stop in Wright amendment cities."

The new cities that Southwest will fly to starting Sunday are: Atlanta; Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood, Fla., Nashville, Tenn.; New York (LaGuardia), Phoenix; San Diego; Santa Ana/Orange County, Calif., and Tampa, Fla.
However, also on Sunday, Southwest will cut 18 flights to to nine cities in Wright amendment states. Those cities are: Albuquerque, N.M.; Austin; El Paso; Houston; Little Rock, Ark.; Kansas City, Mo.; San Antonio; St. Louis; and Tulsa, Okla. (See the chart at right for more details on the changes.)
It's all part of a mix-and-match that occurs as Southwest fine tunes where it flies with local demand and connections as it expands its operations at Dallas Love Field after the Wright Amendment expired.

"We make all of these decisions based on local traffic patterns," said Southwest spokesman Brad Hawkins. For example, the Dallas-Austin route will decline from 12 daily week-day flights to 10, but "many of those passengers were just passing through Austin, now it's dedicated passengers," he said.'

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/20141031-southwest-airlines-adding-27-flights-to-new-cities-cutting-others-in-post-wright-amendment-adjustments.ece
SW is reducing service to nine cities on Sunday. Here are the number of weekday flights from Dallas Love Field to each city.
These were the Wright Amendment connections.
Here is the chart:

October flights
November flights

Albuquerque
Austin
El Paso
Houston
Little Rock
Kansas City
San Antonio
St. Louis
Tulsa

BTW, on Nov. 10th, the schedule will be opened from Apr. 7th through June 5th.

Flights nonstop to LGA, ATL, and LAX?  The 3 cities where DL has NEVER been beaten in the "moonthumbs per available seat gallon" category.  Evidently WN management has a death wish.  I predict Chapter 7 by Easter, 2015.

Reactions: 5 people
SharoninSAT said:
SW is reducing service to nine cities on Sunday. Here are the number of weekday flights from Dallas Love Field
I hope the reduced frequency from 13 to 10 does not affect you Sharon.

Reactions: 4 people
Flights nonstop to LGA, ATL, and LAX?  The 3 cities where DL has NEVER been beaten in the "moonthumbs per available seat gallon" category.  Evidently WN management has a death wish.  I predict Chapter 7 by Easter, 2015.
let me guess.

you've been living under a bridge under I-45 for the past 8 years

Glenn Quagmire said:
I hope the reduced frequency from 13 to 10 does not affect you Sharon.

My seniority is good so I'm ok. Thank you GQ and all for your concern.
smile.png

My understanding is that there is a combined total of 20 employees impacted
by reduced frequency at those stations, 5 of those at SAT.

then WN's buildup at DAL isn't a surprise and, if you want to believe either Gary Kelly or me, WN will clean house in N. Texas with WN as the front door.

SharoninSAT said:

My seniority is good so I'm ok. Thank you GQ and all for your concern.
My understanding is that there is a combined total of 20 employees impacted
by reduced frequency at those stations, 5 of those at SAT.
 My Best to all of those that are affected.

or more clearly, WN will clean house in N. Texas with DAL as the front door.

regardless of how it is worded, my sentiment has long been that N. Texas can easily support two airports both of which are in great locations and WN will be able to offer more than enough seats even with the gate limitations at DAL in order to gain a significant part of the longhaul domestic market which has largely been carried by AA.

looking at nearly every other market which WN competes in from DAL and AA serves from DFW, WN has half or more of the market at competitive or better rates.

by that definition, at least at its home airport, WN is not a low fare carrier since it gets fares as good as or higher than AA, but they do provide a service that N. Texas travelers are willing to pay good money for.

and, yes, best wishes to the WN employees that will have to move in order to keep their jobs.

fairness dictates that legacy carriers have done this for years and WN is not using a system any different from what legacy carriers use.

WorldTraveler said:
then WN's buildup at DAL isn't a surprise and, if you want to believe either Gary Kelly or me, WN will clean house in N. Texas with WN as the front door.
I can't believe you have the nuts to mention yourself with Gary Kelly in the same sentence... You are an arrogant POS... Yes, before you go crying to the Mods, it was an attack on your character....

Reactions: 5 people