Farewell

youngblood

Senior
Jan 17, 2004
Those of you who have found the fortitude to seek a better future beyond U have my gratitude for your friendship and your support.

Karen, you were a breath of fresh air. I hope you find happiness in your new career and future endeavors. You will get the PhD for which you have worked so long and hard and will find much success.

Tracy, your one-liners still make me laugh. They carried me through some pretty difficult times at U. I hope you love your new home and remember your old friends.

Eric, motorcycle man. Good for you. You had the guts to say screw it and follow your dreams. All at the drop of a dime. I will miss your company on the late nights and the political debates.

You're part of my family. I have spent holidays with you. Shared your sorrow when loved ones were lost. And I have grown with you and because of you. A piece of me left with you and I hope we remain friends forever. If not, then I was blessed to know you.

Take care and God Bless

PineyBob said:
This is a huge part of what I have been saying straight away.

Do what works best for YOU! Not the AFA, IAM, ALPA or any other Alphabet soup organization. You ability to make your mortgage is NOT the concern of the Scotty Ford's of the world. They are concerned about you to the point that they want your dues monthly, anything beyond that is a bonus.

DO NOT sacrifice your family, your finances & Self respect at the alter of "Showing Them". Labor's pressure surely helped Bronner push Dave Siegel over the cliff but based on the other thread he took about 45 days to be CEO someplace elsewhere. WOW guess you showed him! The only pain Dave Siegel felt from labor helping to get him fired was sore shoulders from wheeling the 4.6 million to the bank. And no I wasn't there to help either.

Cav and others think I am uncaring and cold. Funny but I could never vote for anything that has the potential to throw ALL of the workers in my company out on the street. So I would vote yes, buy myself some time and like Youngblood's friends do what works for me. That's where the Individualism that seems to rile so many up comes into play.

Personally I find it amazing that the company hasn't had a mass exodus just based on the financial prospects for the future.of US. It hasn't happened near as I can tell. I am a Sales Trainer a position that is pure overhead, we generate no revenue directly. I watch my companies performance like a hawk. Bad quarter? Resume on the street big time. Just in Case. So far we have done very well, but I watch constantly.
Good post Piney!

I agree Piney but its funny what I have noticed, the ones who whined the most at work are those who voted "yes" and figured the company would take care of them. When there time came they were the most vocal and bitter!

Pineybob while I wholeheartly agree with you and have said before the employees should do what is best for them I have to say your post is very confusing to me.

Pineybob says "Do what works best for YOU![/b] Not the AFA, IAM, ALPA or any other Alphabet soup organization. You ability to make your mortgage is NOT the concern of the Scotty Ford's of the world. They are concerned about you to the point that they want your dues monthly, anything beyond that is a bonus."

I say " Given what you said wouldn't labor organizations best interest be to keep you on the payroll to collect your union dues? Therefold not have you laid off but if threatened with the demise of the company then have the least amount of people layed off to protect the rest of the dues paying members? Are you saying that since the employees ability to make a mortgage is not the unions concern they would or would not put up a package of concessions for employees to vote on? I mean if the company was truly in trouble wouldn't it be in the unions best self interest to do just that?

Didn't you really mean to say, Do what works best for YOU![/b] Not Usairways (if you did what was best for Usairways you would work for free). Your ability to make your mortgage is NOT the concern of the Siegals and Lakefields of the world. They are concerned about you to the point that they want your hard work for the minimum amount of salary and benifits as possible, if you end up losing job so they can hire lower senority people then that is a bonus.

Pineybob says..DO NOT sacrifice your family, your finances & Self respect at the alter of "Showing Them". Labor's pressure surely helped Bronner push Dave Siegel over the cliff but based on the other thread he took about 45 days to be CEO someplace elsewhere. WOW guess you showed him! The only pain Dave Siegel felt from labor helping to get him fired was sore shoulders from wheeling the 4.6 million to the bank. And no I wasn't there to help either.

I say .. Are you saying it doesn't matter that Siegal wasn't doing the job he was paid to do? That the employees should not have put pressure on him to get out so he wouldn't have made employees look stupid when he wheeled all that money to the bank because the board of directors were stupid enough to hire him in the first place and give him that golden parachute?

Pineybob says..Cav and others think I am uncaring and cold. Funny but I could never vote for anything that has the potential to throw ALL of the workers in my company out on the street. So I would vote yes, buy myself some time and like Youngblood's friends do what works for me. That's where the Individualism that seems to rile so many up comes into play.

I say ..I for one do not worry about you being uncaring and cold thats your own business what I have a problem with is you sticking your nose in places it doesn't belong. Does it rile me , heck yes. Doesn't individualism has something to do with someone taking control of their own life? Doesn't that mean making decisions for what's best for themselves? Doesn't that mean if individual can't afford to or does not want to take concessions and they think maybe or maybe not the company survives that they still have a right to leave or stay and vote?. What if there's a principal involved in throwing good money after bad? What if the company hasn't shown any inkling of a plan to save the company except to ask for more money?
What if company hasn't used the tools it already has? What if the company did not get in this predicament overnight? When does someone finally standup and take a stand and look company in eye and say NO! NO MORE! fix it first then come see me. If time is not on my side, well too bad Usairways, you have had all the time in the world and you screwed up big time this time because I am not giving you anymore handouts until you fix the problem, no more bandaids.

Pineybob I would like some answers to the questions I have been posing the last few days you seem to be ignoring me is that intentional? You PMed me a couple days ago and I answered your PM in a honest response but never heard back from you and since then you haven't addressed my questions. Wasn't you that said quote "Why not respond> Afraid to engage in honest debate when sniping is so much easier then having to confront your own hypocracy?"

I await for you response.

PineyBob said:
This is a huge part of what I have been saying straight away.

Do what works best for YOU! Not the AFA, IAM, ALPA or any other Alphabet soup organization. You ability to make your mortgage is NOT the concern of the Scotty Ford's of the world. They are concerned about you to the point that they want your dues monthly, anything beyond that is a bonus.

DO NOT sacrifice your family, your finances & Self respect at the alter of "Showing Them". Labor's pressure surely helped Bronner push Dave Siegel over the cliff but based on the other thread he took about 45 days to be CEO someplace elsewhere. WOW guess you showed him! The only pain Dave Siegel felt from labor helping to get him fired was sore shoulders from wheeling the 4.6 million to the bank. And no I wasn't there to help either.

Cav and others think I am uncaring and cold. Funny but I could never vote for anything that has the potential to throw ALL of the workers in my company out on the street. So I would vote yes, buy myself some time and like Youngblood's friends do what works for me. That's where the Individualism that seems to rile so many up comes into play.

Personally I find it amazing that the company hasn't had a mass exodus just based on the financial prospects for the future.of US. It hasn't happened near as I can tell. I am a Sales Trainer a position that is pure overhead, we generate no revenue directly. I watch my companies performance like a hawk. Bad quarter? Resume on the street big time. Just in Case. So far we have done very well, but I watch constantly.
Bob,

Your starting to sound like a "broken record"..... :rolleyes:

We all know what you would do....how you think, feel, blah, blah. We got the picture about 2,000 posts ago during concession #1, #2, and NOW.

You're not an employee...give it a rest already.

Piney,

I did not post the thread to start a debate. I posted to say good bye to some who left and to show my respect and gratitude.

I can understand your point of view, but I don't necessarily agree with it. I stay because it's my choice and my right. I will vote yeah or nay because it's my right. I do what's best for me and my family every day by going to work daily and preparing for a life outside of U. You know my situation personally, yet you lump everyone together assuming that what they do is out of spite. Freedom is a beautiful thing and with that comes the privilege to say no if you feel it is the right thing to do.

You say you are liberal yet you badger anyone willing to stay with this company and force it to fix the true problems. (i.e. those who vote no to further concessions) Everyone has a right to vote the way they deem necessary, but you try to tell some how to vote. Essentially you are trying to coerce some into giving up the freedom they have to vote however they want. If what's best for the company is more concessions and the majority of employees feel that way then there's nothing to worry about - my vote won't make a difference. You claim that anyone who says no to more concessions is putting their family at risk or just thumbing their nose at management - better yet we are cold and unforgiving by putting people out of a job just for the sake of it. I take offense to that.

I thought claiming yourself a liberal meant you believe in the freedom of choice.

Nuff said. PM me if you want to take it any further.

youngblood said:
Piney,

I did not post the thread to start a debate. I posted to say good bye to some who left and to show my respect and gratitude.

I can understand your point of view, but I don't necessarily agree with it. I stay because it's my choice and my right. I will vote yeah or nay because it's my right. I do what's best for me and my family every day by going to work daily and preparing for a life outside of U. You know my situation personally, yet you lump everyone together assuming that what they do is out of spite. Freedom is a beautiful thing and with that comes the privilege to say no if you feel it is the right thing to do.

You say you are liberal yet you badger anyone willing to stay with this company and force it to fix the true problems. (i.e. those who vote no to further concessions) Everyone has a right to vote the way they deem necessary, but you try to tell some how to vote. Essentially you are trying to coerce some into giving up the freedom they have to vote however they want. If what's best for the company is more concessions and the majority of employees feel that way then there's nothing to worry about - my vote won't make a difference. You claim that anyone who says no to more concessions is putting their family at risk or just thumbing their nose at management - better yet we are cold and unforgiving by putting people out of a job just for the sake of it. I take offense to that.

I thought claiming yourself a liberal meant you believe in the freedom of choice.

Nuff said. PM me if you want to take it any further.
Youngblood,

Good post to start the tread and good post to put Pineybob in his place.

I too can understand his point of view regarding keeping USAirways a going concern what I can't understand is him, not even an employee, trying to meddle in and dictate Usairways employees lives and livelyhood for his own personal gain. He comes off like a320 trying to pound in that it has to be done this way or it will not work and hit the highway if you do not like it.

PineyBob said:

This is what I was referring too. You imply that if I vote no to any concessions, I am nothing but a simpleton who cares nothing about what happens to my family, coworkers, and the company. What you don't care to see is the truth. I make make rational decissions and sometimes they are difficult to make. I don't have a mortgage, Piney, but if my wages are cut any more I won't be able to support my family and most of those that I work with won't be able to either. Isn't survival a good reason to say no?

Individualism has many different faces and many different shapes. Sometimes it's more difficult to say "no" than "yes". It takes a strong person to stand up for what they feel is right for them. I have made many decisions in my life that have been criticized by many different people and I don't regret one of them because every road I have chosen has molded me into who I am. If someone doesn't like what I do, they are entitled to their opinion. But that is all it remains - an opinion.

Latest posts