Favorite US Hub

What is your favorite US hub to fly from ?

• CLT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PHL

• PIT

• Some other city

• Total voters
CLT hands down. Men are better there, too. :)

Seriously, though, my preference is CLT->PHL->PIT. However, I choose my connecting hub more based on aircraft type. I avoid the B733/734s if at all possible, as my bag always has trouble fitting into the overheads. I never have a problem on the Airbus planes.

PDX, hands down.

Great terminal. Security is generally pretty quick. Great expresso at Coffee People!

I gotta say Charlotte. especially early in the am.... when connecting to or from the west coast. I love seeing that airport "wake up"!

My kids love the rocking chairs!

I know that by asking for favorite "US" hub, you meant UAir, and not the U.S., but I gotta second Fubijaakr, and his plug for PDX. It's a beautiful airport, with good (soon to be better) connectivity, and none of the problems that plague other west coast cities (fog in SEA, flow control in SFO, etc.).

I am basing my vote not just on the facilities but how the TSA treats us. Without question PIT is a much more pleasant experience.

I sure like the food selection in Philly! Asian Bistro, Cibo, salad place in the main food court.....yummy! PIT has lost in as far as food vendors go far behind PHL, DCA, CLT!

CLT, cuz I can play blues on the the grand piano in the middle of the terminal.

Of course, PIT has the cool dinosaur by the escalators. (The giant claw marks in the metal above the escalators are a little unnerving though.)

And PHL provides weary travellers excellent opportunities to stretch their legs as they hump it to and from the new International terminal. :p (I do like the free bourbon chicken samples in the food court!)

-Airlineorphan

Airlineorphan, that is funny you should mention the Pit dinosaur. I just commented on that the other day. What a sight to behold when getting off the train to airside and starting up the escalators. Thar he is!!!! Right in your face and looming. I've wondered what the point is in have that thing there.

Also, noticed yesterday that Au Bon Pan that is outside of Security on landside is remodeling and putting in liquor. Now there will be someplace for folks awaiting to have a little nip. ;)