Favorite US Hub

What is your favorite US hub to fly from ?

• CLT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PHL

• PIT

• Some other city

• Total voters
ktflyhome said:
Also, noticed yesterday that Au Bon Pan that is outside of Security on landside is remodeling and putting in liquor. Now there will be someplace for folks awaiting to have a little nip. ;)
Especially the flight crew - if youre America Wsst <hic>.... :rolleyes:

ktyflyhome wrote:
Airlineorphan, that is funny you should mention the Pit dinosaur. I just commented on that the other day. What a sight to behold when getting off the train to airside and starting up the escalators. Thar he is!!!! Right in your face and looming. I've wondered what the point is in have that thing there.

That is an excellent question.

The palaeontologist within me is simply gleeful to see a dinosaur skeleton displayed. I can't remember, but is there some sort of plaque indicating that it is part of some natural history museum collection in Allegheny County? Perhaps that is the official point.

On the other hand, it could be the ambiguous planned icon for US Airways management's "going wherever" plan... At once predatory, yet at the same time, extinct. Or perhaps the skeletal image is supposed to represent the lean and mean version of a low cost US Airways. I mean, Realy Lean! Hmmmm......

All the same, I kinda like it. But as I said before, the claw marks on the panels above the excalators are disturbing. Looks like some creature is trying to get at you.... Reminds me of the Alien movies.

Happy Friday to those who have the weekend off!
-Airlineorphan

mullet said:
I sure like the food selection in Philly! Asian Bistro, Cibo, salad place in the main food court.....yummy! PIT has lost in as far as food vendors go far behind PHL, DCA, CLT!
I don't know Mullet, Wok & Roll D gates is tough to beat. Food wise, DCA rules because of Maui Tacos.

Of course this isnt a scientific poll but I suspect a scientific one wouldnt produce a different result. I wonder if US did a poll before they decided to emphasize hubs in the exact opposite order of the preference shown here? I sure dont remember one. I would sort of think that in a competative, customer service/preference based business before chosing to emphasize one hub over another there would have been a LOT of surveys to see if it would improve or decrease customer satisfaction and liklihood of flying the carrier. Then again, Im not a total moron.

Don't hold me to this, but I think the dinosaur in PIT is displayed by the Carnegie Museum in Pittsburgh. I guess it's there just as a representation of something located in the city.

Everyone I know likes the D Concourse Wok and Roll, but I have to say that I prefer the Chicken and Broccoli from the center core W a R! :up:

Of course, I haven't had that in over 2 years now :(

ktflyhome said:
Airlineorphan, that is funny you should mention the Pit dinosaur. I just commented on that the other day. What a sight to behold when getting off the train to airside and starting up the escalators. Thar he is!!!! Right in your face and looming. I've wondered what the point is in have that thing there.
Oh her? Shes just worked FRA-PIT. Shes taking a quick rest before getting on the train to the parking lot. She's indeed a sight to behold but basically harmless. :lol:

Light Years, that is hysterical, I never made the connection.

Also Airplaneorphen, I too have noticed those "claw marks", never have understood what kind of artistic value they meant. Actually, I have found them to be quite stark and ugly.

Also, I had NO idea there were Tacos in DC. Darn, I love Mexican. I miss the BWI base for that very fact....TACO BELL.

The best thing about PIT is that you pay street market prices for food although they do not give discounts. Someone told me years ago that British Airways owned all the rights to the food vendors. Kind of like Gas...BP...British Pertroleum. Therefor all the prices in the PIT Airport for some reason had to be the same as the prices one would pay on the streets. Don't know if it's true, just what I was told.

I have NO facts to back this up....for those of you need some. ;)

Kit,

It was the local gov that imposed the street prices. At one time they wnated the airport to become the Best mall in the area. Guess that went down the tubes with 9/11.

As far as the dinosaur is concerned, I think CMU (Carnegie Mellon Museum of Natural History?) has something to do with it. The claw marks are creative and I love em. Go PIT!!!!!!!