Field Station Fleet Service

Guess you forgot this is not 1994.

Guess you forgot about what happened in 1992.

Guess you forgot it took four union votes to unionize.

Guess you forgot the members ratified the final offer.

Guess you forgot US was in chapter 11 twice in less then two years.

Guess you forgot every major legecy's employees have taken concessions.

Guess you forgot the IAM didn't do squat. Nada, Zilch. Nothing. Exactly why should any reasonable person keep the IAM?

regards,

Oh yeah.........it's just as it was in 1949!! No room for POSITIVE change. No learning from the MISTAKES!! If lessons aren't learned from history/past mistakes, you are DOOMED to repeat that history.

C'mon R U Kiddn me?

The other poster just talks. The facts which I still have on CD are that the fleet service worker at US AIRWAYS was much better off pre-iam than what the if they would be paying IAM dues in 2010. That's right, 16 years later, paying $500 a year to get paid less than you did in '94, less retirement contribution, less vacation, less everything. No more, shift differ, uniform allowance, seniority protections if you are laid off, paid sickdays, no nothing. All that as the IAM smokes their cigar and flushed 4,000 jobs down the toilet to contracted help. Heck you guys went from 85 stations to 11 now that aren't contracted out. I am speaking as an IAM member to IAM members and am not necessarily a US AIRWAYS employee

:down: This states that you are not even a US Fleet Service employee, so if that is true, I think you need to stop spreading half-truths and causing more havoc like you have done in the past with our group. You did enough damage in the past to Fleet Service group already!

:down: This states that you are not even a US Fleet Service employee, so if that is true, I think you need to stop spreading half-truths and causing more havoc like you have done in the past with our group. You did enough damage in the past to Fleet Service group already!
And what about 700UW.......he's a stock clerk.

exactly where is the half truth??????

Any reasonable person can tell that the IAM has failed its members. US AIRWAYS fleet service have been inflicted more 'pain' than any other group on the property. Yet the IAM continues its whoredom by raising dues and making additional Union Bo$$ appointments.

The following is "Industry worst" for legacy carriers and it doesn't matter if we are talking about union or non union carriers, bankruptcy or non bankruptcy. Amazing that the IAM contract will likely run through another 4 or so years without one snapback and a big whopping 3% pay raise over the remainder of the contract.

1. a complete loss of seniority if laid off
2. non payment if you call in sick
3. only 5 holidays
4. only 4 weeks of vacation
5. $17.00

Minus another $500 in dues to have the Worst of the Worst.
If pointing to the scoreboard makes me the enemy then you must be delusional. There is no logical compelling reason to pay the IAM $500 a year for this.

regards,

the iam contract for fleet service once again 700 was only ratified by the hub cities knowing full dam well that the out cities would never vote themselves out of a job. rat all you want, but the IAM and the company both knew right from the start that if the contract was to be ratified, then they had to add 2 cities--BDL and PVD. then it was all uphill to get it thru. in my city alone, only one voted for it and the rest of us voted it down. dont know about MDT but heard that they all turned it down

because he is a staunch pro management and ow is a manager for piedmont in phl for the ramp. he is very much anti union very similar to PTO on the nwa board