firings in LGA

JFK Fleet Service said:
Don't know how true it is, but what we've heard is that some of the new guys weren't happy with the way things were being assigned and dropped a dime.
Why would I not be surprised. This is the "What's in it for me" mentality of today.

Maybe it was wrong of them to to tattle, but it is wrong for senior people to dump a bunch of B.S. work on people while they go sleep to. If the rumor is true I can't say I am sorry to see them go. You should not defend someone sleeping on the job. There is being UNION, then there is enabling abusive and lazy behavior. 

I can't say I blame the junior people too much, they simply got revenge on senior people for abusing them and their labor so they can draw a free pay check.  

When you really look at what was happening *who actually threw who under the bus?

You can't expect NEW people to live up to old school UNION ideals. They have not been around the block long enough. 

As wrong as it was for the new guy to tattle I honestly hope we see more of this. If you are *throwing your UNION brothers under the bus and working their ass off because you want to go sleep then you deserve to get fired. It would probably do the workforce a world of good to get rid of the dead weight. 

Funny how these SoB's will sit there and lecture about the ideals of UNIONS yet, they don't mind abusing their coworkers for their own benefit. 

WeAAsles said:
Why would I not be surprised. This is the "What's in it for me" mentality of today.
That is exactly right. The senior people thought nothing of dumping work on their coworkers while they went and slept. They got what was in it for them in the form of a paycheck they did not earn but instead made others earn for them that probably made less than half the money. The problem is they got too much of it and it backfired.

JFK Fleet Service said:
Don't know how true it is, but what we've heard is that some of the new guys weren't happy with the way things were being assigned and dropped a dime.

More piss-poor management at AA.

Union brothers doing managements job. Do they get MPR?

La Li Lu Le Lo is right.  Union brother or no.  There is no defense for sleeping on the job--any job--unless the sleep is part of the written job description.  And, when crap work is dumped on junior people in order to free up your schedule for a nap, well, don't be surprised when that kicked dog turns around and bites you.  Those of you who say union is everything forget that getting rid of you moves me up in the seniority list by one.   :lol:

Rogallo said:

More piss-poor management at AA.

Union brothers doing managements job. Do they get MPR?
That is because management has been conditioned to look the other way so they don't have to deal with the headaches. Sad but true.

Hopefully this thread will start a trend...... or even better yet stop one. I hate to see anyone lose their job.

jimntx said:
don't be surprised when that kicked dog turns around and bites you.  Those of you who say union is everything forget that getting rid of you moves me up in the seniority list by one.  
Nice and to the point. You stated it much better than I did.

Seems to me we see a bunch of people getting fired from LGA for sleeping on the job every two or three years.

You'd think the senior guys would have learned that by now, and not tried to get away with it?

A crew chief or lead makes the assignments, its legal and contractual, and in my 20+ years in aviation, the junior guys did get the worse workloads, and there is nothing against the rules for that to occur.

A union member doesnt rat on another union member.

700UW said:

A union member doesnt rat on another union member.
This is why union membership continues to go down - protecting lazy workers from work should not be tolerated - the irony is if every one busted hump more - work would stay in house and you could get higher wages for the higher productivity

No one's saying it's not legal or contractual. It's about taking it in the shorts night after night and getting tired of it.

Then you address it through the union first about the issue, not snitch on them that had nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Latest posts

Back