LGA Base Closing?

LCC should pounce on these markets.

I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, but if these were profitable routes, I doubt AA would have pulled them.

LGA (and BOS for that matter), have been languishing on the vine far too long. Nobody wants to (or can afford) to be based there. Junior folks are constantly in fear of being displaced to one of these bases. Just close them already! :angry: Make DCA the primary "Shuttle" base and be done with it. Closing these bases would also save LCC some much needed $$ right now. Are you listening Dougie?

I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, but if these were profitable routes, I doubt AA would have pulled them.

LGA (and BOS for that matter), have been languishing on the vine far too long. Nobody wants to (or can afford) to be based there. Junior folks are constantly in fear of being displaced to one of these bases. Just close them already! :angry: Make DCA the primary "Shuttle" base and be done with it. Closing these bases would also save LCC some much needed $$ right now. Are you listening Dougie?

If US Airways was at all interested in maintaining/closing crewbases for the sake of the convenience of crew members, then these would still be crew bases: ATL, ILM, ROA, GSO/INT, TYS, ORF, BWI, SYR, PIT, PIT (it bears repeating), SAN, LAX, SFO...did I miss any?

Crew convenience aside - closing LGA and perhaps BOS as well, would save $$$ which is what the Tempe penny pinchers try to do at every turn. Coupled with Doug's statement of having too many East Coast bases, LGA and BOS are prime candidates for getting that long-awaited ax (a la PIT).

My mention of no crew wanting to be based there was meant to be incidental. Of course I would never expect the Sandgoons to make any decision based on what may be convenient for employees. Looking at it from purely a cost savings perspective, it would still be beneficial to close these bases.

Unless they drastically reduce flights out of BOS, the crew base will not close. Have you seen how many jets RON there?? Way too costly to overnight the crews.. Now LGA on the other hand.. I work the Shuttle a lot and I never see more than a few mainline planes RON there.

I don't think that DAY was ever a crew base.....They had very few if any RON A/C there, as they were all RON's at the outstations.

LGA EWR JFK are actually in close proximity of each other. Traffic is a b%tch but they are in close driving distance. In short...shut LaGuardia, there is always JFK or Newark.

BTW monopolies and gluttony should be destroyed :ph34r:

LGA EWR JFK are actually in close proximity of each other. Traffic is a b%tch but they are in close driving distance. In short...shut LaGuardia, there is always JFK or Newark.

BTW monopolies and gluttony should be destroyed :ph34r:

This does not make any sense at all ... Firstly we "adopted" JFK from West operations. There's a handful of flights out to the west coast operated some west A/C. there may be a handfull of CLT flights, but that is it of no real significance. Additionally EWR is similar with some RON A/C and a handful of more flights per day.

Now LGA is the centerpiece of the shuttle operations. We have flights to BOS/DCA via shuttle through LGA. Closing LGA You lose that integral part of what is "the Shuttle Product". Flights from BOS/LGA will be replaced by DCA crew? or BOS? We have more critical staffing issues with LGA than either BOS or DCA (we have VPLOA for DCA for July!) Where does JFK or EWR fit in here? Absolutely nowhere.

In addition, we have RON A/C in places where we do not have bases. But having hourly service into and out of a city where we have NO crew replacement, or services, is beyond stupidity. To me, its an urban legend and I will gladly eat crow when the SandFleas decide it's a good idea!

Latest posts

Back