firings in LGA

Glenn Quagmire said:
And you still have absolutely no clue as to what actually happened on that night.
Your comment is nothing more than a 2+2=5 libtard statement. 

It always amazes me how a libtard can cast away logic, history, and common sense at a whim. According to you I should just totally ignore what I have witnessed over a decade of employment.

Are you asking me to believe that they walked 3 to 6 people out based on heresay?

I am not buying it.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
According to you I should just totally ignore what I have witnessed over a decade of employment.

None of it working line maintenance.

Oh, but you worked heavy check fleet service in the cabin in Tulsa "shoulder to shoulder" with mechanics?

And you still were not there and know nothing of what happened that night.

Yet you continue to throw bullshit opinions and pathetic petty insults with zero facts.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
I know you may not believe this but, in the real world if you get caught sleeping on the job you get fired. I know that concept is almost inconceivable to someone who lives in TWU fantasy land.
Fireman, Paramedics, Nurses, Doctors, Pilots, Flight Attendants, Police and other crucial jobs, they are allowed to sleep with no discipline, as its permitted on the job.

So I guess you dont know what goes on in the real world.

700UW said:
Fireman, Paramedics, Nurses, Doctors, Pilots, Flight Attendants, Police and other crucial jobs, they are allowed to sleep with no discipline, as its permitted on the job.

Exactly. In the real world people sleep at night and work during the day.

American Airlines is especially harsh and unrealistic when it comes to dealing with the fact we are designed to sleep at night, not work. Rigid five day schedules are almost unheard of for night shift, many work 3 shifts per week and get premiums between 10% and 100%, AA pays 1%. Another problem with AA is the fact that they give much less paid time off than people get in other airlines and other industries, a new worker only gets five days per year, that means for 51 straight weeks, five days per week his body id fighting him and kept in a unnatural state, their body never gets time to recuperate, this has been proven to have detrimental effects on these workers and results in increased Cancer risks and well a heart disease and diabetes.

The solution is pretty simple, much higher premiums for working nights, fewer shifts per week and more time off. These factors would drive airlines to only do what is really necessary on nights, right now its simply a matter of convenience.

+1 Bob.

I have always stated anyone working third shift should have a much higher shift premium, those on thirds, including myself at the time, you have horrible sleep habits, get sick more often and its a proven fact that people on third get sick more and die younger.

Bob Owens said:

American Airlines is especially harsh and unrealistic when it comes to dealing with the fact we are designed to sleep at night, not work. Rigid five day schedules are almost unheard of for night shift, many work 3 shifts per week and get premiums between 10% and 100%, AA pays 1%. Another problem with AA is the fact that they give much less paid time off than people get in other airlines and other industries, a new worker only gets five days per year, that means for 51 straight weeks, five days per week his body id fighting him and kept in a unnatural state, their body never gets time to recuperate, this has been proven to have detrimental effects on these workers and results in increased Cancer risks and well a heart disease and diabetes.

The solution is pretty simple, much higher premiums for working nights, fewer shifts per week and more time off. These factors would drive airlines to only do what is really necessary on nights, right now its simply a matter of convenience.
The members can only vote on what's brought back to them. For the last few years, these haven't even been an option. Let's see if the TWU...IAM...Association...AMFA...or whomever ends up representing the members bring back anything close to what you call for. It's one thing to complain about what everyone else has, but it's another to even have it on a ballot/contract to vote on.

I can't speculate on what has been said between the TWU and AA, but I would bet the farm that the topic of, What can we do to better the lives of our shift workers?, is never discussed during contract negotiations between the IAM and US. The proof is in the final draft we vote on. There is never any improvement directly related to the shift worker.

skinvalve said:
I can't speculate on what has been said between the TWU and AA, but I would bet the farm that the topic of, What can we do to better the lives of our shift workers?, is never discussed during contract negotiations between the IAM and US. The proof is in the final draft we vote on. There is never any improvement directly related to the shift worker.
Correct...and past practice has been keeping "concessions" to a minimum. It has been one half (not one) step forward, three steps back.

Probably fair to say the local 514 rep had something to say during contract negotiations about the value of shift pay as well as geo pay - since night shift and geo pay is of no concern to the 514 membership.  So, the president of the local with the most votes carries the day.

Rogallo said:

You are definitely one of the lucky ones.

I kinda like sleeping with my wife more then my co-workers!!!!
thats why weekend crew is good, its only three nights out of the week. 

I mean I probably take a few years off of my life but its part of the job. I'll probably end up with cancer from some of chemicals we have to deal with too.

Kev3188 said:

Exactly, though in my case, my better half made some of the best blackout curtains I've ever seen...

I don't even need curtains. I sleep with my TV on though, always have, so thats probably a big part of it. 

700UW said:

how in the hell is that apples to apples? Does a fireman get a nap during the fire? Does the cop get to take a power nap in the middle of giving someone a ticket? Doctor get to rest his eyes in the middle of your heart attack? No, they sleep during down time. We don't have down time. Other than breaks we don't have a down time. (however, At Delta you are more than welcome to sleep during your break and or lunch) 

Thats our job, we are paid to work on airplanes, not sleep. If you can't handle thirds then bid off of it. 
Bob Owens said:

Er Delta does 5 days a week night shift in all of the hangar. You get weekend crew then its 3 days (plus a makeup day). The rest is 5 days. 

And FWIW Delta let the hangar vote to go to 4 days 10 hours and it got voted down. The line might be 4 days a week, not sure. (I think it is station by station.) Engine shop is 5 days too, and i think so is the test cell. 

oh and 3rd shift gets 52 cent and hour extra. 

topDawg said:

how in the hell is that apples to apples? Does a fireman get a nap during the fire? Does the cop get to take a power nap in the middle of giving someone a ticket? Doctor get to rest his eyes in the middle of your heart attack? No, they sleep during down time. We don't have down time. Other than breaks we don't have a down time. (however, At Delta you are more than welcome to sleep during your break and or lunch) 

Oh my aching Johnson! Who works all night, everynight? If your airplanes are done and back to the gate or back in service, are you not done? So if you catch a few after all of your assignments are completed, who cares! So after I'm done with all of my assignments, you would expect me to clean and polish my tools, sweep and clean the entire hangar, or just look busy. Not happening!

AANOTOK said:
The members can only vote on what's brought back to them. For the last few years, these haven't even been an option.
They were on the table till TeAAm Videtich put the kibosh on them.

AANOTOK said:
Correct...and past practice has been keeping "concessions" to a minimum.
Really? I see it as past practice has been to maximize concessions while selling it as something else.

Latest posts

Back