First 757 to outsourced MRO

I'm sure that there's never been a plane coming out of TUL, AFW, or MCI with pireps or issues discovered by a libe station, right?...

Focus on the minutae, guys. That way you don't have to worry about the big issues...
Delamination is Inspection 101 ! But we all know the saying "you get what you PAY for" !

Happy Meal, $1.99.

A trip to the ball park, $50.00.

Handing an outsourced plane back to your own mechanics for daily inspection and maintenance ... Priceless! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I worked under the manager they sent to oversee the outsourced overhaul and like most managers he is going to do anything that will make himself look good.. At his level its all about the next rung of the ladder!!

Happy Meal, $1.99.

A trip to the ball park, $50.00.

Handing an outsourced plane back to your own mechanics for daily inspection and maintenance ... Priceless! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will we see the same follow-up inspection of MRO maintenance if more Heavies are outscourced to Aeroman in San Salvador?

How does their work compare with work from Timco?

What if Timco did the follow-up inspection?

Will we see the same follow-up inspection of MRO maintenance if more Heavies are outsourced to Aeroman in San Salvador?

How does their work compare with work from Timco?

What if Timco did the follow-up inspection?
What if TIMCO did a follow up inspection on a plane they just overhauled?

Hmmmm, sounds like that should be part of the package.....

Plenty of airlines out there have 737 fleets and orders from Boeing.. Aeroman doesn't have the capacity for everything and hopefully as planes get older their costs will go up and if airline management runs the Maint. Ops. efficiently they can compete.

Delta does a good job as they do Heavy work on aircraft with their own techs. working beside techs. who work for Delta services..

Yes one positive on the outsourcing and modified C check's there is plenty of job security. We have been seeing modified C checks since TWA took over maintenance operations. Once the extra effort was removed and bare FAA minimums were put in place OTS aircraft have multiplied. Also closing class 2 stations have added to the dumping ground called DFW.

Just read an article that Boeing is closing down their Wichita plant by 2013. Looks like AAR Oklahoma City will have plenty of nearby A & P's. Didn't post the article but am sure you can Google it.

Just read an article that Boeing is closing down their Wichita plant by 2013. Looks like AAR Oklahoma City will have plenty of nearby A & P's. Didn't post the article but am sure you can Google it.
Are these surplus maintenance techs licensed?

Are these surplus maintenance techs licensed?

Don't know for sure; thought Boeing required a license before being hired though. Don't necessarily need a license if your working at AAR and supervised by licensed mechanic, I know some mechanics or people called mechanics are not licensed and work there.

Posting here because it is a 757 thread.

Talked to a Panasonic Rep today who inform me that the 757 program for Passenger Entertainment ( IFE ) of 104 aircraft has been reduced to 64 aircraft. I believe I also saw that Panasonics was a creditor.

Yes one positive on the outsourcing and modified C check's there is plenty of job security. We have been seeing modified C checks since TWA took over maintenance operations. Once the extra effort was removed and bare FAA minimums were put in place OTS aircraft have multiplied. Also closing class 2 stations have added to the dumping ground called DFW.
<_< ------ "TWA took over maintenance operations"???? :huh:

Back