First 757 to outsourced MRO

My understanding is that this was a "modified C check" - what ever that means? Remember that you basically get what you pay for and sometimes you get more.

Modified or not, we still check all surfaces at AFW. I just replaced an aileron because water had worked its way through all of the fibers. All this was done on a seven day c check.

Modified or not, we still check all surfaces at AFW. I just replaced an aileron because water had worked its way through all of the fibers. All this was done on a seven day c check.
I agree, When I said you get what you pay for that is exactly what the company is getting. What exactly is a modified C check? Did the OH package not include the same as our OH's?

I agree, When I said you get what you pay for that is exactly what the company is getting. What exactly is a modified C check? Did the OH package not include the same as our OH's?

That's a very good question which we may never know the answer to.
UA had our own MM's which differed (now the OEM is the MMl) from the OEM MM manuals.
The vendor must perform maintenance as per the operating certificate of the airline in question (ie... AA MM).
They may have performed maintenance per minimum OEM MM procedures.
UA used to have numerous procedures that exceeded OEM specifications but were reduced back to OEM specs by FAA mandate as it did not meet OEM specs.
Stupid isn't it?

B) xUT

That's a very good question which we may never know the answer to.
UA had our own MM's which differed (now the OEM is the MMl) from the OEM MM manuals.
The vendor must perform maintenance as per the operating certificate of the airline in question (ie... AA MM).
They may have performed maintenance per minimum OEM MM procedures.
UA used to have numerous procedures that exceeded OEM specifications but were reduced back to OEM specs by FAA mandate as it did not meet OEM specs.
Stupid isn't it?

B) xUT

It looks like from the fmr list that our check pilots were test flying this plane. American will probably get rid of this requirement seeing as they did alot of write ups on the plane.

It looks like from the fmr list that our check pilots were test flying this plane. American will probably get rid of this requirement seeing as they did alot of write ups on the plane.
I believe there were only 25 original pireps out of OH. Correct me if I am wrong, but most of the flight critical items were at MIA post Modified C Check. Door L4 is still on the list.

Flap delamination has been an ongoing issue in our OH's and requires panel removal and rework!!

I believe there were only 25 original pireps out of OH. Correct me if I am wrong, but most of the flight critical items were at MIA post Modified C Check. Door L4 is still on the list.

There were re-fly pireps at timco. This seems to be one of the reasons why it took so long to get the c check back.

I'm sure that there's never been a plane coming out of TUL, AFW, or MCI with pireps or issues discovered by a libe station, right?...

Focus on the minutae, guys. That way you don't have to worry about the big issues...

I'm sure that there's never been a plane coming out of TUL, AFW, or MCI with pireps or issues discovered by a libe station, right?...

Focus on the minutae, guys. That way you don't have to worry about the big issues...

As a group we are dman good at pointing blame, calling names, and demonization of anyone who disagrees with us.
This is much easier than looking in the mirro and facing the truth.
Almost like a dysfunctional group without leadership and direction. :unsure:
The one thing we cannot agree on is how to get ourselves out of such a cycle of doom.

This aircraft is going to be a chronic problem for weeks. Ive seen it before with aircraft coming from these MRO chop shops.

Back