Fleet Service: NO vote on the TA...

when i read that my heart jumed too , but then i remembered doug pakrkers favorite words which go something like "no contract until we intergrate the workforces" and i remember it to because i was at one of the town halls where we posed that very same question to him , and we asked it over and over again lol and he gave the same response over and over again , if you don't belive me log onto the compass webicte and check the townhall meetings for fleet in PHX ....

yah if someone can find a way out of this mess please let me know .....

I would think that the company would be under a legal obligation to get the west on a new contract since ours expired 2 years ago! As far as im concerned, we ougt to have the right to strike the company since our contact is no longer valid so far as I can tell. I don't think it really matters what Doug Parker wants, because he is upheld to the same laws as everyone else (including DUI's :up: had to sneek that in there.)

My point is, our contact is expired, we need a new one, the east contact is still in effect until 2009. If we vote no on the TA, the company will have to still sit down and negotiate with us to give the west a new contact, which will no doubt have a pay raise. Once that is all settled, we can start working towards a joint contact. This would give us more leverage because it would show the company that we are solid and will not accept the first piece of garbage that they throw our way.

They do not have the moral high ground here .. does anyone remember how they BEAT UP our 4 guys , i think the odds were somewhat fair , what was it 22 against FOUR??!?! :blink:

You have no Idea about east coast station except what you read.They are not like PHL and PHL isnt that bad,its just differant.

As for trust,hey one of the 4 is working on your transition agreement as we speak.Hes been fired but he's working on your agreement,for the IAM.Did you know that.So you trust all the reps hu.Well the rest didnt say anything.I have no problem with the gentleman in question myself.Innocent until proven guilty.But I still think he should stand down.For the time being,to stop any thoughts of improper actions.Alot of folks in the east know the guys that are working for you,way back to when they were new hires,I know you trust your sourse but do you trust the ones giving him his info.He only knows what hes told,your dealing with a band of brothers here.Self preservation is there goal.The IAM if not watched in some cases will eat its young.

Blacktail contracts dont expire under the Railway labor act....you cant strike.The company knows it,and thats why they have no problem trying to pass this.

my question is for those of us in the class 2 cities that got furloughed in 2005, if we transfer to mainline after (if this contract is approved) does the senority and pay from 20005 go with the employee who transfer to mainline? I ask this because ive heard 2 different variants one in which we would have to transfer prior to 9/5/07 to get the pay raise if it goes thru and the other is that those of us who transfer to mainline would not receive any thing after 9/5/07.