District 141 TA officially a "No"

Henderfuzzy,

I can see your reaction after winning the lottery:

"Holy crap, look at all the taxes I'm going to have to pay!"

East and West now have to take control like we did with the vote and apply the pressure.
West coast can turn up the fire and TELL the IAM to start negotiating their amendable contract.
Force the companys hand to negotiate or strike.
East coast can stand firm on their COC Arbitration and let Dougie listen to the ticking clock,
as the potential money keeps building. The stockholders will see what damage Dougie is
willing to put the company through financially, while the chances for a lucrative merger pass by.
Believe me, with enough bad press the stockholders can force him to bend.

But the time is now Henderfuzzy. Get in line, step aside, or get walked on.
With us or against us?

UNITY!
Sorry to us the whole post but its important.REDEYE you are so right.Its time to start that sec 6 move for the west.
Also I love the letter from 141 that tells how yens voted to go to arbitration thats so lame.Its the unions duty to go to arbitration.In alot of my earlier post on other threads Ive said what ever happens it will be the members fault.Now if arbitration goes bad,its the members fault.thats total BS.
I just talked to a friend in vegas,who had no idea what the company was asking the west to give up.He is a tech and has been out of the loop but was shocked.Apparently the ramp there had been seriously mislead into thinking this was all good.This whole deal is such a shame to watch.The IAM wants no more than protection money from the ramp.What a scam.There taking dues money to negotiate give backs and give aways.FCITA......you spell it out. :down: :down: :down:

Ok----Now let the games begin------

This is to the IAM (I Am Management team) get your a*sses in their and do what you are supposed to do-----earn that paycheck you get from us for once-----

Great job fleet we finally stood together ------- :up:
Jimmy,

Unfortunately, this IAM letter is a slap in each member's face. The IAM's letter is indicating it will continue to screw its membership by going the long way around the block to hand your company a transition agreement. The only difference is that it will do so without your vote this time. It's letter indicates to me that it will not seek your vote again, but will transition the west into your agreement to appease the company since your company is in a sore need to transition.

Notice, the IAM's interest is in appeasing your company by transitioning the westies into the east agreement. It mentions nothing about its responsibilities in section 6 for the westies. Why in the world would the IAM force a transition that YOU WILL NOT VOTE ON, AND GIVE THE COMPANY THE ONE THING IT COULDN'T GET WITH A DEMOCRATIC VOTE????? This is an abomination to the west as the IAM should recognize section 6 at the westies. The IAM should tell your company that it can screw transition agreements until a fair and equitable contract is attained. This newest IAM treason against the worker is also an abomination to the east side. So far, this is the worst postion that I have seen the IAM take in the 20 years it has been on the property.

What am I saying? You have two cards in your hand, i.e., the arbitration card, and the transition card. What Boss Canale has decided to do is instead of getting membershp approval from the east, he will instead just bring the west into your contract without a vote from you. In essance he is saying with this letter that he is going to appease Parker without a vote this time.

This not only hoses the east but also hoses the west to force them into the east bankruptcy contract. A truly unbelievable and arrogant position that the IAM is taking.

regards,

The company will send it's lawyers Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe. The IAM will send a shop steward. I don't think the IAM wants to win this one because if we do remember the company response will be "cost neutral". I suspect that would mean a reduced work force. Remember Maintenance is in this fight too.

I say lets bring it on & get what we are owed.

Coach:

Here is what you are OWED.

- A Pay check every 2 weeks reflecting the number of hours worked based on the agreed to hourly rate

- A safe work environment based on FAA and OSHA guidelines

- Any other contractural obligations which have been agreed to by both parties.

Good luck to you and all of your IAM buds. I hope you are able to get what you want after giving the bird to Doug and Kirby.

Sorry to us the whole post but its important.REDEYE you are so right.Its time to start that sec 6 move for the west.
Also I love the letter from 141 that tells how yens voted to go to arbitration thats so lame.Its the unions duty to go to arbitration.In alot of my earlier post on other threads Ive said what ever happens it will be the members fault.Now if arbitration goes bad,its the members fault.thats total BS.
I just talked to a friend in vegas,who had no idea what the company was asking the west to give up.He is a tech and has been out of the loop but was shocked.Apparently the ramp there had been seriously mislead into thinking this was all good.This whole deal is such a shame to watch.The IAM wants no more than protection money from the ramp.What a scam.There taking dues money to negotiate give backs and give aways.FCITA......you spell it out. :down: :down: :down:
vegas mislead i bet you it was john mendenhall frigging idiot he is i would choose ronald mcdonald over his sorry a$$

All right a big no vote now we get the plan B that Doug has in his desk. Im sure glad we showed the IAM what smart guys and gals we are. Oh wait what no plan B no new agreement to vote on damn.
Now Im pissed no pay raise for 3 more years wow we sure are smart.
Oh thats right now were going to win the arbitration Oh well who cares since that will be held up in court for 4 or 5 more years we still keep our profit sharing and that great 16 cent raise we get in the class 2 cities wow might be able to get some more bologna with that.
Im sure glad all you guys who voted yes showed them

it's not all about you

I had more to say to you but I would have sent to the corn field

Jimmy,

Unfortunately, this IAM letter is a slap in each member's face. The IAM's letter is indicating it will continue to screw its membership by going the long way around the block to hand your company a transition agreement. The only difference is that it will do so without your vote this time. It's letter indicates to me that it will not seek your vote again, but will transition the west into your agreement to appease the company since your company is in a sore need to transition.

Notice, the IAM's interest is in appeasing your company by transitioning the westies into the east agreement. It mentions nothing about its responsibilities in section 6 for the westies. Why in the world would the IAM force a transition that YOU WILL NOT VOTE ON, AND GIVE THE COMPANY THE ONE THING IT COULDN'T GET WITH A DEMOCRATIC VOTE????? This is an abomination to the west as the IAM should recognize section 6 at the westies. The IAM should tell your company that it can screw transition agreements until a fair and equitable contract is attained. This newest IAM treason against the worker is also an abomination to the east side. So far, this is the worst postion that I have seen the IAM take in the 20 years it has been on the property.

What am I saying? You have two cards in your hand, i.e., the arbitration card, and the transition card. What Boss Canale has decided to do is instead of getting membershp approval from the east, he will instead just bring the west into your contract without a vote from you. In essance he is saying with this letter that he is going to appease Parker without a vote this time.

This not only hoses the east but also hoses the west to force them into the east bankruptcy contract. A truly unbelievable and arrogant position that the IAM is taking.

regards,
Unfortunately Tim you are probably right--------and if this does happen---then the IAM should expect a very hard fight from the rank and file membership to finally oust this company union once and for all-----then they will have no dues from any of us---------

Trust me there will be a very big movement in this direction coming down Canale's throat-------

quote ='Tim Nelson' date='Sep 5 2007, 05:05 PM'

The Change of Control arbitration will be heard on September 13 and 14, 2007. Preparations for the arbitration have been ongoing for nearly two years and did not cease because of the tentative agreement. District 141 and our attorneys are eager to present our case before a neutral party.

Tim: I Do Not Understand, Your HATE? You Are incorrect in many Thing's. You Do NOT KNOW What the Team Of Negotiator's is Persuing, or the Company? Remember the FACT'S?
How Can you Say the WEST will be Placed under the East IAM Contract? What is your Foundation? Are You On the IAM Negotiation's Team? How can You ASSUME All You have Posted is TRUTH? It is YOUR TRUTH & You Are Beleaving your Self. REMEMBER THE FACT'S. You Will Have to Be accountable for your Half truth's, not Anyone else. Be Carefull what you Wish For you might get what you want.
Mr E. :eek:

Coach:

- A Pay check every 2 weeks reflecting the number of hours worked based on the agreed to hourly rate

Good luck to you and all of your IAM buds. I hope you are able to get what you want after giving the bird to Doug and Kirby.
SpinDoc......What do we get for the aches, pains, torn muscles and bad backs....etc.? After 20,000 plus flight and untold amounts of cargo I have a few of them. We are due at least enough to live on. We are an expendable commodity. They will use us up and throw us away if we let them. I have a long way till retirement. If my body holds out.

quote ='Tim Nelson' date='Sep 5 2007, 05:05 PM'

The Change of Control arbitration will be heard on September 13 and 14, 2007. Preparations for the arbitration have been ongoing for nearly two years and did not cease because of the tentative agreement. District 141 and our attorneys are eager to present our case before a neutral party.

Tim: I Do Not Understand, Your HATE? You Are incorrect in many Thing's. You Do NOT KNOW What the Team Of Negotiator's is Persuing, or the Company? Remember the FACT'S?
How Can you Say the WEST will be Placed under the East IAM Contract? What is your Foundation? Are You On the IAM Negotiation's Team? How can You ASSUME All You have Posted is TRUTH? It is YOUR TRUTH & You Are Beleaving your Self. REMEMBER THE FACT'S. You Will Have to Be accountable for your Half truth's, not Anyone else. Be Carefull what you Wish For you might get what you want.
Mr E. :eek:

Eagle, kindly read Boss Canale's letter before you put out your latest dribbling nonsense. it is not my words, it is Boss Canale's. Here, let me quote his words to you,

"Separately, the West agreement is currently amendable and District 141 will continue negotiating to bring West employees under the East agreement and fairly integrate the two work groups."

Eagle, carefully read Boss Canale's own words. His plan C is to bring the west 'under' the East agreement. Notice, he recognizes the west has an ammendable contract which suggest section 6, however, it is my understanding that the IAM has not triggered section 6 negotiations by putting Parker on notice. For section 6, a union MUST put the company on notice under the law. My understanding is that this hasn't happened. All of the above has absolutely NOTHING to do with my opinion, what I believe, or half truth. I'm just pointing to the scoreboard.

At any rate, indicative and explicit is that instead of section 6 negotiations, Boss Canale will bring the west siders 'under' the east' bankruptcy contract. This is his words, not mine.

Now for my opinion and I realize this is just my opinion. I believe Boss Canale is too close to United Airlines and he has let his personal aspirations and loyalties on the United Airline Board of Directors get in the way, and therefore he is on "parker's side" regarding getting a trans

regards,

Coach:

ahhhh....contractual obligations.
You see, East fleet is owed by "contractual obligations" under the Change of Control, huge pay increases, back pay to 2 years ago when the change occured, and the right to extend that for a couple of years. I understand why the company is avoiding this and even made the embarrassing run to bankruptcy court to throw it out, but what I do not get is why the IAM does not want this to go forward.

what I do not get is why the IAM does not want this to go forward.

The IAM has nothing to gain by letting the courts decide. The membership has everything to gain. The only way the IAM comes out ahead is if they give away what has been promised to us in return for their "perks".

Latest posts