District 141 TA officially a "No"

necigrad

Veteran
Aug 21, 2007
September 5, 2007

US Airways Membership Chooses Change of Control Arbitration

To: All US Airways IAM Members

Dear Sisters and Brothers,

The difference between union and non-union employees is simple: unions give employees choices and options. The IAM provided US Airways Fleet Service employees with a choice between accepting contract changes two years before the East’s December 31, 2009 amendable date or going forward with the Change of Control arbitration. After two weeks of voting, 64% of the membership has chosen to present our Change of Control grievance to a neutral arbitrator instead of accepting the tentative agreement. Your negotiating committee thanks the membership for their active participation throughout the protracted negotiation and ratification process.

The Change of Control arbitration will be heard on September 13 and 14, 2007. Preparations for the arbitration have been ongoing for nearly two years and did not cease because of the tentative agreement. District 141 and our attorneys are eager to present our case before a neutral party.

Separately, the West agreement is currently amendable and District 141 will continue negotiating to bring West employees under the East agreement and fairly integrate the two work groups.

In solidarity,

S.R. (Randy) Canale
President & Directing General Chairman

Rich Johnsen Dan Zuger Tom Regan Jeff Rusk

Mary Reed Tony Armideo Dave Lolly Ron Roth

Bill Chandlee John Mendenhall Pat Flynn Mark Wingard

Steve Miller

Jeff Hayden

Ok----Now let the games begin------

This is to the IAM (I Am Management team) get your a*sses in their and do what you are supposed to do-----earn that paycheck you get from us for once-----

Great job fleet we finally stood together ------- :up:

All right a big no vote now we get the plan B that Doug has in his desk. Im sure glad we showed the IAM what smart guys and gals we are. Oh wait what no plan B no new agreement to vote on damn.
Now Im pissed no pay raise for 3 more years wow we sure are smart.
Oh thats right now were going to win the arbitration Oh well who cares since that will be held up in court for 4 or 5 more years we still keep our profit sharing and that great 16 cent raise we get in the class 2 cities wow might be able to get some more bologna with that.
Im sure glad all you guys who voted yes showed them

All right a big no vote now we get the plan B that Doug has in his desk. Im sure glad we showed the IAM what smart guys and gals we are. Oh wait what no plan B no new agreement to vote on damn.
Now Im pissed no pay raise for 3 more years wow we sure are smart.
Oh thats right now were going to win the arbitration Oh well who cares since that will be held up in court for 4 or 5 more years we still keep our profit sharing and that great 16 cent raise we get in the class 2 cities wow might be able to get some more bologna with that.
Im sure glad all you guys who voted yes showed them

Fuzzy take a chill pill. And by the way I think you meant "I'm sure glad all you guys who voted NO showed them."
PS - How do you know there is no plan B? Lets see...... I think the announcement was official at 3:00 today. Snap your fingers click your heels it's done. Roll another one just like the other one. Save some for me! :blink:

Im sure there breaking out the cigars in Tempe now . Wow those fleet guys are so dumb they just turned down a nice raise. Woo Hoo more money now for Doug and the boys.
And now they think we are going to loose the arbitration to them whoo hoo.
It went better than we thought whoo hoo.

Well, hopefully the IAM will start working for us. As a west employee, I was apalled by what the TA offered and am very happy to see that we have a fighting chance to get something better than that piece of crap. It will be interesting to hear what happens next week. Lets get the ball rolling and remain united in getting what we deserve.

Well, hopefully the IAM will start working for us. As a west employee, I was apalled by what the TA offered and am very happy to see that we have a fighting chance to get something better than that piece of crap. It will be interesting to hear what happens next week. Lets get the ball rolling and remain united in getting what we deserve.

There is intelligent life out there!

Look all you need to know about any kind of an agreement is this statement

Separately, the West agreement is currently amendable and District 141 will continue negotiating to bring West employees under the East agreement and fairly integrate the two work groups.

Translation they will sign an agreement that will bring the west to our current contract with no amendments and the west and east will be joined. No vote no nothing.
So than we wait and hope to win in court if not 2010 boys looks like the best we can do.
Sorry west guys its not my fault.

Im sure there breaking out the cigars in Tempe now . Wow those fleet guys are so dumb they just turned down a nice raise. Woo Hoo more money now for Doug and the boys.

I'm sure they are doing no such thing. Take a chill pill. Doug does not want this thing to go to arbitration.

Henderfuzzy,

I can see your reaction after winning the lottery:

"Holy crap, look at all the taxes I'm going to have to pay!"

East and West now have to take control like we did with the vote and apply the pressure.
West coast can turn up the fire and TELL the IAM to start negotiating their amendable contract.
Force the companys hand to negotiate or strike.
East coast can stand firm on their COC Arbitration and let Dougie listen to the ticking clock,
as the potential money keeps building. The stockholders will see what damage Dougie is
willing to put the company through financially, while the chances for a lucrative merger pass by.
Believe me, with enough bad press the stockholders can force him to bend.

But the time is now Henderfuzzy. Get in line, step aside, or get walked on.
With us or against us?

UNITY!

Remember, this was Tempe who signed this agreement. I'm 100% sure they wanted it to pass and weren't too interested in breaking out cigars. The only thing that we KNOW they will be breaking out are more lawyers to fight in court.

regards,

Latest posts