Flight Attendant Cleaning Station Update

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Flight Attendant Cleaning Station Update- February 25, 2005

On March 1, 2005, the new cabin cleaning provision of the AFA-US Airways Flight Attendant Agreement will go into effect. The cost savings resulting from this change will be from the increased number of flight attendant cleaning stations, as well as the reduced amount of time aircraft spend on the ground.

Flight attendants are responsible for cleaning the aircraft upon arrival at all domestic stations, including Nassau, with the exception of the following:

• Flight segments immediately preceding the scheduled RON of the aircraft.
• Flight segments immediately following a scheduled red-eye.
• Flight segments that originate or terminate in airports west of Kansas City: Denver, Dallas-Fort Worth, Vail, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle, and San Francisco.

Additionally, flight attendants will not be responsible for cleaning the aircraft on the following:

• Transoceanic international flight segments.
• Non-transoceanic international flight segments.

Complete Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

FA Mikey:

It's not internal information, it's public information posted on the public portion of the AFA website. Moreover, people come to this Forum to receive information.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

FA Mikey said:
Exactly now many flight attendants come here to have anyone, least of all you, tell them there job responsibilities? My guess, none.
[post="250990"][/post]​

According to my sources in the control room your guess is right on!! ZILCH :up:

FA Mikey:

With all due respect, who said anything about F/A's?

Separately, this contract provision will have US Airways F/A's now performing work more like their counterparts at jetBlue Airways and Southwest Airlines.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I heard they will have a cabin crew member in the lavatory to cut the faucet on and will have a selection of perfumes and lotions. They will also have a tip jar to supplement their salaries. This will a "HIGH CLASS" airline then.

USA320Pilot said:
FA Mikey:

Separately, this contract provision will have US Airways F/A's now performing work more like their counterparts at jetBlue Airways and Southwest Airlines.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="250997"][/post]​

Sorry it has come to this for my "counterparts" at US. This is one of the aspects of an LCC F/A job that just plain $ucks...there's no two ways about it. It's bad enough trying to clean the cabin in khakis...I can't imagine having to do it in a suit and tie or for the women...panty hose...yikes! The real losers are the Customers who by the end of the day are riding in an aircraft that is downright filthy.

USA320Pilot said:
FA Mikey:

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="250997"][/post]​
With all due respect, but not really. Where in your first post does it say anything about anyone but the FA's? So how about telling us how and when you will be like the SWA and JB pilots who pitch in and help clean and turn planes, in record time.

TransatlanticFlyGuy said:
For crying out loud.....get a deleted by moderator life people!!!!!!!!! Its part our of job now. We will have to deal with it. Move on! Crying gets your no where!
[post="251001"][/post]​
No one is crying about it. I am just wondering why a certain pilot feels the need to post job functions of another work group on a web BB. As everyone can see, the only discussion that came about is why it was posted.

Personally, I have dealt with it. We have been doing it for years at AA. That's life.

When the A/C is really dirty..I think the pilots should help out.

I can see 320 running the lav truck now...!!

SL

While I understand that change within a company is sometimes difficult, try and remind yourselves that YOU still have a cabin crew position with a major U.S. airline and should be grateful for it. ANY US Flight Attendant who seems to have a gripe about cleaning the aircraft can feel free to swap your position with one of us furloughed folks who would LOVE to come back after 3 1/2 years of involuntary separation. We've been doing it for 3+ years at LCC's and it's absolutely fine. If you don't like it, leave it. There are those on the mainline furlough list who WILL clean the aircraft and NOT complain about it. It's that simple.

Tidying is really not that big of a deal, crossing seatbelts and picking up cups that trashy people throw on the floor (wonder do they do that at home or at restaurants?), but stop at vomit and such.

I used to work for a commuter and we did this. The pilots would usually help out. I have a friend who's at MAA and she says you can tell which pilots were Express because they often chip in and help tidy. I think they clean in all stations, including Texas.

I agree with BMI, I wouldn't mind doing it to get my job back. I can't think of any airline hiring right now that wouldn't have thier crews do this anyway. I would just hope they clean them well on overnights and such so the planes don't get filthy, but I've not got much faith in US for that.

I really don't see why this type of info is neccessary for this forum though. I'd imagine US Airways Flight Attendants are quite aware of thier new duties, and would rather not have it broadcast publically.