United Embraces A La Carte

HMMMM--I wonder if the "ala carte" plans will effect the contract US has with Coca-Cola?

Two years ago, weren't the Tempe Sandfleas running around, patting themselves on the back and bragging to us us how cheap the contract they got with Coke was?

Well if I was with Coca-Cola and I negotiated a contract that provided my product be given out for free, I certainly would go back and re-negotiate that contract now that my product is being sold...... at premium prices.

I mean, apparently selling sodas is going to be a HUGE WINFALL for US AIRWAYS :up:

If I was sitting in my CC office in Atlanta, :shock: I'd make damn-sure Coca-Cola was getting a piece of the profits!!!

Didn’t Coca-Cola foot the bill for a bunch of dumb internal publicity stuff 2 years ago? An “I Make US Flyâ€￾ DVD and some other things like that?
\I think you're right!! All the more reason they should be VERY interested in making sure they get a piece of the action...I mean their product is no longer being given away for free, it's being sold to a captive audience at ( I think) a high price. Seems to me they'd want some $$ from the proceeds of what's sold........

I just think it was funny how everyone was quick to jump on US but no one is saying anything about United doing something similar. Why the double standard?

Perhaps it's because they aren't charging for water, coffee, juice and soda. (They are waiting to see how well it works for US first) :lol:

Well if I was with Coca-Cola and I negotiated a contract that provided my product be given out for free, I certainly would go back and re-negotiate that contract now that my product is being sold...... at premium prices.

Do you know that the contract with Coke states that they will be given out for free or is it like any other business..... you buy from Coke and sell them for whatever you can get for them?

Do you know that the contract with Coke states that they will be given out for free or is it like any other business..... you buy from Coke and sell them for whatever you can get for them?

Aren't all domestic airlines except cal charging for snacks? LCC is the only major however that is charging for non-alcoholic bevs, if I am not mistaken. I hope that is where the other airlines draw the line. I have worked for an airline that sold food and snacks and it was no problem. Passengers complained at first but then they loved it. Bevs on the other hand could be tricky but who knows this may be the next wave. good luck.

The VERY last thing I'll say about this program is WATCH AND SEE how it plays out folks. Just WATCH and see. AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ! ! ! ! Take care all.

The VERY last thing I'll say about this program is WATCH AND SEE how it plays out folks. Just WATCH and see. AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ! ! ! ! Take care all.

:up: :up:

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!! :up: You are a wise one.......and that's all I was trying to say when I got my butt hauled into the office for saying it.....

JUST WATCH WHAT HAPPENS :shock:

Oh I'm not saying I won't do it but simply stating that the roll out is hasty and it will be a JOKE! ! ! !

Other airlines offer you the world,

USAirways, well, we give u a pig.

that will be 5 dorrah!

InvaderZim.jpg

Latest posts