Flight Attendant Terminations?

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
I hate to spread gossip, but personally I can't think of anything else to do with it. It's like money and fertilizer--useless unless spread around.

I read on another bulletin board that as many as 400 AA flight attendants are being or have been terminated. Of course, the other board poster said that they were being terminated just for calling in sick during the holidays.

I read somewhere else (maybe here) that the company was comparing the holiday sick list with the non-rev travel reports and finding that quite a few of the "sick" flight attendants were traveling non-rev while on the sick list. This is a termination offense, period, full stop.

Anyone else heard anything about this?

I doubt they (AA) will be able to get away with it unless they do it system wide. United tried that on flight attendants last year and had to take it back. Just my $ .02.

Deleted by Moderator said:
I doubt they (AA) will be able to get away with it unless they do it system wide. United tried that on flight attendants last year and had to take it back. Just my $ .02.
I giggled over your picture! Great hair style!

jimntx said:
Anyone else heard anything about this?
It is correct but highly exaggerated.

Several hundred flight attendants who used their travel passes while they called off sick are being investigated for trip book rules violations. Without a supervisor's approval, it is strictly forbidden to fly on a pass, D2 or even a coworker's D3, when one is off duty for medical reasons.

Only a handful have been terminated so far, no where near triple digits.

I have heard the rumor as well. But i have not seen any more rl removals than usual at crew sched. Probably just another flaming rumor

anyway crew sched would not know the reason someone is getting terminated. It is not our business, and probably confidential i would presume. The message just comes over with name and employee number and the removal code. No explination

jimntx said:
I'm assuming an "rl removal" means released, as in terminated.
Word from the union reps is that so far three have been fired. Another flight attendant may face the axe on Monday. Numerous other investigations of non rev travel rules violations are ongoing.

I remember MK's funny story about a F/A using sick leave suddenly finds his/her supervisor on the same cruise ship.

LiveInAHotel said:
In 6-12 months they all will have their jobs back. They probably will even get backpay.
Maybe. But, they shouldn't. I'm sorry, but when people willfully break the rules they lose their jobs. In this case, the price for non-revving while on the sick list is termination.

There are some company termination actions which the union should protect f/as from because there are extenuating circumstances. But when people use drugs or come to work drunk after having been given a second chance, , non-rev while "sick", steal from the company or their co-workers, etc., they have no right to continued employment.

In order to be considered grown-up people, each of us has to accept the fact that actions have consequences, and we can do anything we want to do as long as we are willing to pay the price.

Latest posts

Back