Flight Attendant Terminations?

jimntx said:
It used to be that if you were out on IOD or illness-such as a broken arm or leg, extended illness like cancer--and you needed to travel--death in the family or to get to a Dr's appt in another city--your Flight Service Manager could authorize travel for you.

Even these situations are now forbidden because there has been so much abuse of the policy.
Just one more example why AA is known as the "sky nAAzis!" :angry:

Yea, god forbid that people should actually be held responsible for their actions. Just because someone abuses the sick policy and screws over their fellow employees should not mean that they should not have a good time.

What is it that the county comedian always says …. “here’s your signâ€￾.

Flyboy4u said:
At AA, You cant travel at all during the time you are on the sick list....You must be cleared in order to Non Rev.....It's really a shame though with so many of us on the street that those in the company still break the rules and will probably get away with it. Although, doctors note or not, its clearly stated the you CANNOT non-rev while on the sick list.... At the very least, their flight privilidges should be revoked
When you are on the sick list, does that mean the duration of the length of trip....i.e, if on a four day, you are on the sick list for four days. I'm just asking so i can understand.

firstamendment said:
When you are on the sick list, does that mean the duration of the length of trip....i.e, if on a four day, you are on the sick list for four days. I'm just asking so i can understand.
This is how sick calls work at AA:

1. You call scheduling and tell them you're sick
2. Scheduling asks you when "your plan clear date is?" (when you plan to fly again)
3. You then tell them your plan clear date
4. You're on the sick list until the date you gave crew scheduling, even if it goes into your days off!!
5. You can clear off the sick list anytime you want to, by calling in and using the automated system. Then you can non-rev as you please.

Hey, hotel boy. It's been a month. Where the heck is your letter. I'm still waiting. You did file it with the right people didn't you?

Latest posts

Back