Flight Attendents

Well it won't hurt to smile and be nice.
Gabby, when you go through all 7,000 + US Airways F/A's without a smile, then you can come here and say that. I fly with PLENTY of F/A's who smile and are very talkative to the passengers and <gasp> friendly!!

Gabby, when you go through all 7,000 + US Airways F/A's without a smile, then you can come here and say that. I fly with PLENTY of F/A's who smile and are very talkative to the passengers and <gasp> friendly!!
I just flew from Paris to Phoenix a few days ago. The flight from CDG-CLT (in Envoy) was underwhelming to say the least. The F/A did her job but never cracked a smile, never said "your welcome" and was generally miserable . I tried to chock it up to "she was having a bad day" or "she's having personal problems".... yet her attitude totally changed as soon as she sat on the 1L jumpseat with a can of Pringles in one hand and a People magazine in the other. She was very animated and chatty yakking on the jumpseat, so I guess her bad day just extended to the passengers. Empty cans and glasses sat out for hours until the passengers finally took them to the galley themselves. In the 5 hours from the completion of the meal service, to the pre-arrival snack service she did not come out once, NOT ONCE, to ask anyone if they needed anything. BTW, shouldn't that open faced sandwich have been heated? My 87 year old mom, who was with me and has been non-revving for 24 years, even whispered to me about how the girl "didn't seem to like her job very much". I chuckled because my mom is the best trained non-rev in the world and knows she is lucky to have a seat, so NEVER complains!

Just as dissapointing as my "Envoy experience" was with this girl, the leg from CLT to PHX was the opposite. I was in coach and thought the (CLT based) flight attendants were amazing. They were engaged, friendly, efficient and did an absolutely AWESOME job!

I tried to look at is as a "learning experience" for the days I go to work and am less then enthusiastic about my job. I think Gabby has a point. Is it that hard to smile and be friendly? I don't think so but apparently for some it is. On my vacation, after flying 4 legs on different international carriers and 2 legs on US Airways, the flights that stand out are the two on US Airways....both for different reasons.

Just as dissapointing as my "Envoy experience" was with this girl, the leg from CLT to PHX was the opposite. I was in coach and thought the (CLT based) flight attendants were amazing. They were engaged, friendly, efficient and did an absolutely AWESOME job!

I tried to look at is as a "learning experience" for the days I go to work and am less then enthusiastic about my job. I think Gabby has a point. Is it that hard to smile and be friendly? I don't think so but apparently for some it is. On my vacation, after flying 4 legs on different international carriers and 2 legs on US Airways, the flights that stand out are the two on US Airways....both for different reasons.

And you proved my point. Not taking anything away from gabby as I totally agree with her about the smile thing. I don't get it. I can tell you there are times I feel like crap and I still smile..ok, it may be a fake smile..but a smile none the less. I guess my high school years in drama paid off.