Flight Attendents

Yeah, there is something worse. Some employee (or many) with entitlement issues who have disdain for both the company that prints their paycheck AND the customers they serve. Much worse.

From consumertraveler.com....

Flight attendants reclassified as “essential employeesâ€

by Charlie Leocha on February 11, 2009

After more than 30 years of being lumped in with animal trainers, hairdressers, funeral attendants and fitness trainers by the Department of Labor (DOL), flight attendants have been reclassified together with pilots and air traffic controllers as essential transportation workers. It’s about time!

The flight attendant unions have been pushing for this change for years, but never succeeded in getting the labor statistics category modified. However, with the actions of the flight attendants during the Hudson River landing of US Airways 1549 and the take-off crash of Continental 1404 in Denver — all without casualties — the “essential†nature of flight attendants aboard aircraft were highlighted and they were moved from the category of “personal care providers.â€
Flight attendants reclassified as essential employees

And I also think it is time that this plane rediculous (tm) thread was closed before someone gets cross-slapped (tm)

um yeah. touchy touchy. FACT: 95% of your daily job is serving customers not anything related to saving lives. And thankfully so but let's face facts.
I have saved at least 6 lives in my years here...

but that really does not matter... I would just say that if we were not trained to do that these people would have bit the big one.

Some general advice regarding post like these:

1. Poster should think about what they write on internet message boards before sending - then at least use spell check before sending - regardless how ridiculous.
2. Try to get over issues regarding (your obvious break-up) with Flight attendant(s) and verbally expressing them in public.
3. Possibly concentrate on YOUR profession and what it defines as your interpretation of "job description".
4. Educate yourself or exercise restraint before expressing your individual knowledge on a subject matter in which you obviously no nothing about.
5. When all else fails - refer to #1 or up the dosage on the meds.
Ha Ha. . this is CLASSIC. Here you are Glucose Intolerant-maybe we should all over look your post due to blood sugar issues today?

But kinda funny that there you are admonishing another poster to "use spell check before sending" and then you smugly misspell #4 . . . expresing your individual knowledge on a subject matter in which you obviously no (KNOW) nothing about."

Hmm, me thinks you should EDUCATE yourself, AND use spellcheck and understand the difference between NO and KNOW. And yeah, up your meds. And CHILL. And per your own sage advise; "when all else fails refer to #1" Thanks for the laugh. :up:

We have ALL worked side by side with f/a's that HATE passengers and take their disdain for the company out on them. Let's face facts people. Now do many passengers have unrealistic ideas as to why a f/a is present and what an airline should be? Absolutely! ! ! That said, YES we are there for your safety but when everything is running smoothly you ARE there for the passengers service. You certainly were hired by the company as f/a's are required by the FAA (1 for every 50 pax) but were also hired to make the passenger feel welcome and cared for. In an earlier post there was an attempt to make me out as a callous, mean f/a with no compassion for what may be going on in a fellow f/a's world. We're to just suck it up that some are mean, nasty, horrible at customer service f/a's on EVERY SINGLE TRIP? Not gonna happen. They're out there and I sure as hell won't put up with it. If you are one of those f/a's and we work with each other it will be a quick way for you to find out who "Travelpro72" is. I assure you.
we are all shaking in our boots lol!!! alot of us know who u are 72 and u are not well liked and talked about . Even managment rolls their eye when you name is brought up....I assure you.

Diamond Cutter you have ABSOLUTELY no idea who I am. And as far as anyone in management laughing at "MY" name? I'd simply say "Look in the mirror baby". ;) Oh and as far as shaking in your boots......act ignorant to your coworkers or passengers for no reason or be nasty toward me and YEAH we will have words. PROMISE! ! :rolleyes:

Oh and I'm not well liked? Now THAT is laughable. :lol:

Diamond Cutter you have ABSOLUTELY no idea who I am. And as far as anyone in management laughing at "MY" name? I'd simply say "Look in the mirror baby". ;) Oh and as far as shaking in your boots......act ignorant to your coworkers or passengers for no reason or be nasty toward me and YEAH we will have words. PROMISE! ! :rolleyes:

Oh and I'm not well liked? Now THAT is laughable. :lol:

Wow TravelPro...maybe he got you and I confused? :blink: I love it when PHX rolls eyes at me. It makes my day like my first cup of coffee in the morning. If they shake or slam the phone down it's like whip cream on my Mocha Latte! :lol:
View attachment 8581

I'll bring my lithium so I don't ruin anyones trip or treat customers horribly when they ask for Usairways playing cards. :lol:

Ha Ha. . this is CLASSIC. Here you are Glucose Intolerant-maybe we should all over look your post due to blood sugar issues today?

But kinda funny that there you are admonishing another poster to "use spell check before sending" and then you smugly misspell #4 . . . expresing your individual knowledge on a subject matter in which you obviously no (KNOW) nothing about."

Hmm, me thinks you should EDUCATE yourself, AND use spellcheck and understand the difference between NO and KNOW. And yeah, up your meds. And CHILL. And per your own sage advise; "when all else fails refer to #1" Thanks for the laugh. :up:

Glad I could help out - but not surprised you missed the point.

I no u r butt watt am eye..... :blink:

Oh there was a point to your dribblings other than your admonishment for posters to use spell check before posting (lol), and NOT to disagree with you because hey you even named yourself; intolerant!!

I will be the first to admit I definitely left myself open regarding my "spell check" comment- you got me. Although my avatar might have the word "intolerant" in it - I am far from intolerant - rather totally fed up with the current direction this company is headed.

"Glucose Intolerant" - was derived from an inside joke regarding a meeting that took place in PHX right after the merger. The AWA corporate types didn't think it was funny either.

No Blood Sugar Issues - "I am just allergic to Corporate Kool Aid" a moniker if you will, for the contempt I feel toward the Pro-Tempe Cheerleaders that have (and are continuing to) destroy this airline....or at best morph it into BUS SERVICE.

My point, or my "dribblings" as you so eloquently put it was simple (aside for from the spell check crack):

People that live in glass houses in the desert ......shouldn't throw stones - no matter how good their aim.

If you aren't a Pilot - then you don't know the first thing of what it's like to work as a Pilot for US (NOW).
If you aren't a Flight Attendant - then you don't know the first of what it's like to work as a Flight Attendant for US (NOW).
If you aren't an Agent - then you don't know the first thing of what it's like to work as an Agent for US (NOW).
If you aren't a Ramp Agent - then you don't know what it's like to work as a Ramp Agent for US (NOW).

What these jobs used to be before the merger and what they are now..........yeah we are so entitled. You mean more like "Brain Dead".

Just because someone can Google "job description" in no way gives them anyway a credible insight into that profession. You have to walk a mile in someone else's shoes before you can comment.

If someone doesn't do "their" job description then they do need to held accountable - without a doubt . But they don't need to have their entire work group slammed or demeaned with a blanket stereotype.

So when I hear someone from one work group, one geographic region, bashing another work group, or geographic region a few things immediately come to my mind:

1.Labor's Anti-Christ .... Jerry Glass finally accomplished his objective - Creating the perfect storm of in-fighting between the labor groups and creating the distraction needed while the employees assist in the elimination their OWN Jobs, Pay, and Benefits. We are too busy being looking at the pinstripes to keep our eye on the ball.

Your pay and quality of life is being stripped from you - but your now too busy fighting with one another. You know the whole United we stand - Divided we fall thing....it's true.

2. Assume they are new here, young and naive, perhaps petty, definitely uninformed, possibly jealous, or all of the above.

3. The corporate agenda in Tempe, and culture we now have adopted by the complete dumbing down of this the airline - demeaning and forcing the experienced out.....hiring on the cheap and inexperienced then intimidating the work force to achieve results. Yeah how that working out for US so far?

You know there used to be 35 thousand employees at US Airways on the EAST SIDE prior to the train wreck with AWA - I have no idea how many out WEST, but post merger there is less than 32 thousand employees employed at the combined US/AWA. So why does management continue in calling the different groups EAST and WEST when they are supposedly wholeheartedly trying to merge the two sides together...

That sure is a lot of job reductions with some mighty big synergies - Heck the flight and cabin crews haven't even been combined yet. Just think how many jobs they can eliminate when that happens or when the F/As get a contract that breaks away from the Pilots? How many job losses is that going that represent? Hrmmm ......how much will Dumb and Dumber's bonus be when they outsource YOUR job to Republic?

Merger between US AIR and AWA ...Seems more like Eastern and Texas Air (CAL) to me. Doug Parker = Frank Lorenzo only not as smart.

Anyone is fortunate to have a job these days, nothing is guaranteed anymore. Most of us worked hard to be here.... So how does that make one entitled? Because they would someday like to retire? I am curious?

DP and his little band of thieves are the entitled ones if you ask me. Lucky to have such accommodating employees that allow themselves to be plundered and exploited over and over again. You know it's not rape if there is consent.....only a bad decision.

Rewarding one's self 20 million for DOING NOTHING. That's entitlement .

So when I hear this "entitlement mentality" BS after the past 5 years of being bent over the rail - and concessions....... much like you ...... after laughing, I do become a little intolerant.

:shock:It's the bottom of the ninth, bases loaded and a full count. Time to keep our eyes on the ball and off the pinstripes.

On second thought - let's blame it all on the [sub]flight attendants[/sub] it's all their fault - wow - that is easier to understand :blink: