Flight Attendants Inventory Catering Supplies

USAirBoyA330 said:
Oh....now management really needs to beam themselves back to planet Earth. I am sick of running behind everyone making sure people are doing their jobs. The F/A's are like the "hall monitors" of the entire operation. Utility doesn't put water in the tank or doesn't dump the lavs.....we have to land in DEN....who gets in trouble?....THE F/A's for not checking the indication. Not given the correct catering?.....well...tough titty...make do. I am sick of "making do" with the crap we are given. They should re-name it MAKE DO Airways. Of course what can we expect from management that thinks it's "1st class" to drink wine in a plastic cup?
I won't be inventorying every packet of sugar-bag of snacks-coffee bags or anything of the sort. Get a life.
Boy R U Right....check the water, check the lavs, check the catering, are there any pillows or blankets? call for the usual answer ...no we don't have any(it doesn't matter which station) no paper towels in the bathrooms, short of meals, filthy carpets and dirty seats.....just a normal day at Don't give a #### Airlines. people :angry: relations? HA.....can't be bothered....got a house to build in the tropics.

I work the 3rd shift RON's in PHL as utility......recently while "cleaning" my planes our utility foremen have been up on every plane checking the liquor kits. I don't know what exactly they are looking for, but they always look. I was on a 57 last night when our foreman came up, walked to the front galley then to the rear....on his way back I joked with him and said "Did our kit pass inspection?" he said yes and continued to the rear. When I got up to the front galley a few minutes later the liquor kit door was not latched and not sealed...I'm not to sure what color seal is supposed to be there....maybe Dea or another flight attendant could tell me. Now this brings up two questions.....1. Why are utility foremen checking liquor kits, isn't that a catering problem/function? and 2. Wouldnt you think that they would re-seal it after they looked in it?
We have one foreman on an upgrade and i fairly sure he really does not want the job permantely so i'll try to pump him for some info on this tonight.

I am not sure but a lot of the kits don't have cart #'s on them. They have peeled off or something. Maybe they are checking the carts to make sure they are numbered?

stoopidute,

About the colored seals; white is supposed to mean it's a new kit and fully stocked. My experience has been this means little. I always count regardless of the seal color. I have witnessed the cart being turned around by catering and the white seal on the back is now on the front side without anything being added. I don't care as long as I have enough liquor, beer and wine to get me through the next flight or round trip.

Green seals are supposed to mean the kit has been used but there's enough to get through the service. Always double check the count here. Rarely is it accurate.

Red seals mean the kits/cart needs to be replaced as it's out of something or not enough for another service. Again, I have seen the red seals removed by catering. I've also seen catering check the red sealed kits and replace wine or champagne. I've never seen them add any liquor or beer so I suppose they don't have that on hand. Always best to count just to make sure. I always tag both sides of the carts so at least my conscious is clear that I've done my job as I understand it. I would raise Cain if I ever got called in over liquor shortages. Keep those pink copies!

Hope this answers your question.

Is it just me or does it seem like our liquor accounting procedures are a mess? Is there a better way to do it? I have a few ideas but don't know if they would work given the set-up.

Dea

Latest posts