Flight Benefits

Aug 7, 2007
Agawam, MA
Hi guys, how are you? I'm a long time reader but this is my first post.

I'm starting work in the next two weeks as a fleet agent at BDL.

I've read a little bit about the flight benefits and hopefully if you don't mind if one of you could explain them more.

Also if I don't want to be standby, is there a way to buy tickets at a discount? How does that work?

By the way I'm from Kosovo and have family all over Europe (Germany, Switzerland, Italy) so I'm looking forward to using the

benefits.

:D

I've read a little bit about the flight benefits and hopefully if you don't mind if one of you could explain them more.

Also if I don't want to be standby, is there a way to buy tickets at a discount? How does that work?

By the way I'm from Kosovo and have family all over Europe (Germany, Switzerland, Italy) so I'm looking forward to using the

benefits.

Welcome aboard US Airways...You couldn't pick a better place to work at...the people are amazing...the company management sucks balls but that's for another discussion...I will give you the filly (no not Filthy) on the biz of nonrevenuing or the commonplace term "nonrevving".

Employees receive the following...

Space Available Travel(SA*P)
Immediate after Ground School...Is on a Standby Basis.

Utilizing ZED (Zonal Employee Discounts) for International Travel through US Airways' partners in the ZED programme requires six months of employment at US Airways and the likes...

You also receive 6 buddy passes known as bennies for your friends/family...

Your Parents fly space available as well...as any dependents...If you have a spouse...count her in too...

I'd have posted something longer but I'm waiting for a flight to arrive from Filadelfia at PBI. If you have more questions feel free to contact me and I will help!

I would appreciate it if you could tell me a bit more about that?

Oh sh*t I forgot ED20s...my bad :(

ED20s are Employee Discounted 20% off the lowest available fare.
(For You, Spouse, Parents, Dependants, and/or registered travel buddy if no spouse)

ED20s earn Dividend Miles...I wish I used those back then...

USCREW (You sure it's 8? I got 6 when I worked w/ AWA at DCA for 3 months and at Mesa it was 6 as well.)

Oh sh*t I forgot ED20s...my bad :(

ED20s are Employee Discounted 20% off the lowest available fare.
(For You, Spouse, Parents, Dependants, and/or registered travel buddy if no spouse)

ED20s earn Dividend Miles...I wish I used those back then...

USCREW (You sure it's 8? I got 6 when I worked w/ AWA at DCA for 3 months and at Mesa it was 6 as well.)
I got 8 last year, and I got 8 this year. Don't tell anybody.

I'm pretty sure that we get 8 buddy passes--not 6.
You can purchase space positive tickets; they're called ED20s.
yeah right....but when you call rez no one knows what the heck you are talking about so they hang up you or transfer you and then they hang up on you or they bulid you a non rev rez and tell you how it much you need to pay---huh, thought non rev was free for me???---never since this merger have I had so many issues with our rez department.

UNITED gives us ID90 (we pay 10% of the coach fare) after 90days, Delta does the same after 180 days,
AA and BA gives us ZED fares after 12 months , LH and most other European carriers are ZED
fares. From most employees that have tried to NON REV to most places in EUROPE they use LH
check out www.zed.com

GOOD LUCK

benefits.

Heh, see my thread at http://www.usaviation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36918 .. it'll tell you about nonrevving on US Airways.. waiting at the airport one day to get on the flight. Also, pay no attention to the jerks who replied, they obviously are trolls. ;)

Back