Shares Glitch or?

Crzipilot

Veteran
Mar 23, 2004
Wondering if someone can shed some light on this, as it keeps happening and seems stupid and illogical how it keeps happen. And of course it's always happening on the last bank of flights out for the night.

Anyways, Flight A cancels earlier in the day....Flight D (last flight out) has seats. It seems pax on flight A, went to special services or whatever, got rebooked, and issued a ticket WITH a seat assignment on Flight D.

When it comes to board, well pax that got the reissued ticket, turns out to be a duplicate ticket, and when the agent goes into the PNR to look where or what that passenger is. All it shows is the cancelled flight and doesn't even show that passenger being rebooked on the later flight. So agent says, ohhhh it fell out of your PNR you were never on this flight, you have to goto special services.

So how does a reservation system, issue someone a ticket with a seat assignment on a flight, (and in one of the cases) 3 hrs later, issue another ticket with the same seat assignment to another revenue standby???? And delete all notations of the 1st passenger being ticketed or transferred to the later flight???

Oh and an answer besides Shares is a POS would be helpful, as I already know that!!!!

Wondering if someone can shed some light on this, as it keeps happening and seems stupid and illogical how it keeps happen. And of course it's always happening on the last bank of flights out for the night.

Oh and an answer besides Shares is a POS would be helpful, as I already know that!!!!

Is it Shares or QIK?

For example, can you access Shares and get the job done or is it a QIK (Windows 95) kind of thing?

ya I guess QIK...whatever the agents use at the gates......

Really just curious why this POS is issueing tickets and assigning people seats, and then at departure time, there is no record of this being done in their record, But alas, the customer has a paper ticket with a seat on it, but doesn't have a seat because it's being given to someone else or someone else already had that seat......

From what I've seen, I'd say half the time, there isn't a true record of who is in what seat, much less who is actually on the airplane...

Anyways, Flight A cancels earlier in the day....Flight D (last flight out) has seats. It seems pax on flight A, went to special services or whatever, got rebooked, and issued a ticket WITH a seat assignment on Flight D.

When it comes to board, well pax that got the reissued ticket, turns out to be a duplicate ticket, and when the agent goes into the PNR to look where or what that passenger is. All it shows is the cancelled flight and doesn't even show that passenger being rebooked on the later flight. So agent says, ohhhh it fell out of your PNR you were never on this flight, you have to goto special services.

So how does a reservation system, issue someone a ticket with a seat assignment on a flight, (and in one of the cases) 3 hrs later, issue another ticket with the same seat assignment to another revenue standby???? And delete all notations of the 1st passenger being ticketed or transferred to the later flight???
Sorry to butt in here but I have a question for res and can't find out how to start a new topic now. Is it true that res agents are now being told to shread all of their paperwork on the way out of the building--you know how most of you keep track of the reservations you make in notebooks and write down names and other things to make multiple reservations??? I have heard that those things are now allowed anymore and all papers must be shreaded on your way out the door. Is this true?? How do you now defend yourself if you're told you're not making enough reservations??
Before you had your own proof. Thanks--someone tell me how to fix this thing please.

Sorry to butt in here but I have a question for res and can't find out how to start a new topic now. Is it true that res agents are now being told to shread all of their paperwork on the way out of the building--you know how most of you keep track of the reservations you make in notebooks and write down names and other things to make multiple reservations??? I have heard that those things are now allowed anymore and all papers must be shreaded on your way out the door. Is this true?? How do you now defend yourself if you're told you're not making enough reservations??
Before you had your own proof. Thanks--someone tell me how to fix this thing please.

Huh?

Shares does keep track of PNRs created by agent sign. That's one of the few things that it does.

We have always had too many seat duplications on the West, and the reason is because of this crappy system. It is a wonder why we are so obssesed with paperwork on the West, due to the many mistakes the resv makes. Before migration, I would go to an east station, rarely did we have families seperated or mulitple seat problems/dups. It has to be Shares/Qik. Now I know it wasn't that our agents were new or clueless. :(

Not sure why they are being cancelled unless they are somehow being protected on 2 flights and one goes without the reservation being cancelled which would think they were a noshow and cancel any other flights in the record. Had a flight today that cancelled and had been autoreaccomed. The records I pulled up had flights booked protection tonight and tomorrow. It appears that our coordinator booked people on flights tonight (and didnt cancel the cancelled flight segment) and when they were autoreaccommed, it booked them for tomorrow since the flights tonight were full. If they do go tomorrow, but no one cancelled the flight tonight, it would noshow them and their seats (if they did home checkin) would be gone.
Also had a lady today that did homecheckin with seat 10D and tonight when she checked at the airport was showing she checked in with seat 25D. Not sure if an aircraft change happened or some other computer glitch, but I see it quite a bit.

Not sure why they are being cancelled unless they are somehow being protected on 2 flights and one goes without the reservation being cancelled which would think they were a noshow and cancel any other flights in the record. Had a flight today that cancelled and had been autoreaccomed. The records I pulled up had flights booked protection tonight and tomorrow. It appears that our coordinator booked people on flights tonight (and didnt cancel the cancelled flight segment) and when they were autoreaccommed, it booked them for tomorrow since the flights tonight were full. If they do go tomorrow, but no one cancelled the flight tonight, it would noshow them and their seats (if they did home checkin) would be gone.
Also had a lady today that did homecheckin with seat 10D and tonight when she checked at the airport was showing she checked in with seat 25D. Not sure if an aircraft change happened or some other computer glitch, but I see it quite a bit.

Duplicate seats are an issue every flight. Minimum staffing at the gate and onboard prevents us from solving this problem in a timely manner.
When I see a blurb on the HUB addressing originators leaving on time, it reminds me that somone does not see the big picture.
Will someone/anyone please listen to your employees??????? Please? (desperation in voice....)

I spent almost 2 years workin the counter (as a supervisor) and I don't EVER recall a seat duplicate -- and we had EMB 170s, with an average load of 64/65 passengers on a regular basis. If we had a seat dupe, it would have been knews all over the airport.

Now I do know that CO / Gulfstream had a couple, but that was due to aircraft swaps.

Me thinks its a Shares/EDS issue.

I'd say "Bring Back Sabre" but the company is stuck in matrimony with this @%*#$@#($ ass system for the next 6 years.

Latest posts