Flight Cuts

I expect LAS/PHX to lose express service to cities where we only have 1 or 2 daily flights. The cost of maintaining the station iss probably too high.

I expect LAS/PHX to lose express service to cities where we only have 1 or 2 daily flights. The cost of maintaining the station iss probably too high.
Another loss!
Oh, Southern Fried Chicken!

View attachment 7612

Now, I'm really hungry. Maybe for dinner, I'll make some fried chicken, grilled corn on the cob, a nice salad with vinaigrette, and something refreshing for dessert. Mojitos would be good too. Need to pick up some mint.

if US truly wants to save dough, hey get rid of all the extra mgmt personel that they have. that cost savings. a friend of mine who works in NC said that in his station there is a ton of mgmt and in ours there is a sta mgr and a secondary mgr. I havent figured out why small cities like mine need it but it is a waste of money as far as that goes. Just think about all the cost savings involved if they got rid of secondary mgmt and that alone would be without dipping into employees pockets!!!

if US truly wants to save dough, hey get rid of all the extra mgmt personel that they have. that cost savings. a friend of mine who works in NC said that in his station there is a ton of mgmt and in ours there is a sta mgr and a secondary mgr. I havent figured out why small cities like mine need it but it is a waste of money as far as that goes. Just think about all the cost savings involved if they got rid of secondary mgmt and that alone would be without dipping into employees pockets!!!

Every station has to have several assistant managers so that the station manager can always be unavailable at "meetings" when you try to talk to him/her.

US Airways just announced it is pulling out of Medford OR.
Funny, I thought that US pulled out of MFR in 1990 or so. Or did you mean US Airways Express is ceasing flights in that market? Sorry for being so cranky, but I get that way on this topic.

if US truly wants to save dough, hey get rid of all the extra mgmt personel that they have. that cost savings. a friend of mine who works in NC said that in his station there is a ton of mgmt and in ours there is a sta mgr and a secondary mgr. I havent figured out why small cities like mine need it but it is a waste of money as far as that goes.
Since the merger. a number of small outstations that never had shift managers and admin reps now have them. One reason may be the more beaurocratic and paperwork intensive way in which a great many things are done now.

Or how about cut some 50 Seat RJ flying??? Then again they can also find some fat in Management.

While reducing the amount of flying by 50 seat RJs is probably a great idea, US has long term contracts with the carriers involved. Any reduction would like have to come from wholly owned PSA. (Assuming Mesa stays around.)

Are these managers any good? I was looking around at some of the job posts on the careers website, and honestly - I can't imagine US is attracting any real talent at the rates they pay their managers...

Back