Food For Thought: Lower Pay Or No Job?

Light Years,

Something tells me you won't be at MAA long - they (and U) don't deserve you, and you're way too smart to settle for them.

From your posts, I see a magazine column in the offing.

Perhaps, A Sensible Girl's Take on EVERYTHING!

planejane said:
Light Years,

I hope you don't work in Customer Service! I could care less about dividend miles, frequent flyers miles, etc. Never worth much to me. Whenever I went to use whatever I had there were so many restriction attached to them, I couldn't be bothered. When I want to get somewhere, I research the internet, destination and price. I make no preference other than a reasonable fare and assessing my personal time involved. Luckly for me, I do have accessibility to more than one airline. I also don't mind driving the occasional route. I am your typical airline customer looking for no more than a good product for my money. The American public, in general, is not looking for frills. Just a reasonable way from A - B. U can become a great LCC carrier and keep it's once reputation for great customer service intact. It's possible. Whether you want it or not.
[post="185481"][/post]​

No way jane how do have LCC no frills and get all that you want sounds like you want your cake and eat it too.

Food for thought when UAL is gone and U is gone and LUV has a corner on the market and you call up to get your ticket to point A or B and nobody flies it are you going to get upset or how about when you call and the ticket is 400.00 and thats a month in advance are you going to be upset because only one airline serves the market.....
This subject makes me sick

Light Years said:
As HAVE I, and as AM I, fine that is! So much so I need not meddle in others business or give uninformed advice!

Or, mind you, exploit other peoples misery when I've been trumped on a message board. How tacky! I know a man paralyzed from the neck down, not by his own fault... he dont even have shoes, he's got wheels! Ya wanna compare sad stories? Why? Whats the point? It doesnt make you any more right, or any less deserving of your title! How silly! Are you nine?

So, no thanks sister, I'll keep my own shoes, I doubt they would look as nice on you. You just stop stepping on them and we'll be fine.
:bleh: :bleh: :bleh:
[post="185524"][/post]​

:up: Amen, LY. Thank you for bringing a smile to my face ;)

I do consider myself as dignified. She exposed me? To what? I just found it amusing that someone who is no longer mainline and complained regarding wages, is now employed at MAA. Talk about hypocrisy. And just for the record, I did not offer my shoes - they would not fit such a small foot!

Apparently you can't read either. When did I say I was employed by MAA? I can't afford to be.

I thought I was arrogant and you were done with me? You really should be done since you STILL have yet to make a point regarding why you feel the airline employees you trust your life with should be paid substandard wages.

And nothing wrong with small feet, only small hearts and minds. You have a veruca on both.

You wanna keep going?

diogenes must have been misled. They obvious think your employed by MAA. I have no point to make with you personally. You are obviously a very angry person. You talk about heart, read your previous posts. You poke fun at Mother Teresa, young white girls (you called trash) who may not be there at their choosing, tear apart U's customers.......need I make a point -- NO.

I don't wish substandard wages - you obviously can't read. However, a high school grad stock clerk, making 25/hr? An aircraft cleaner topping off at 20? Come on, get real. U needs to get their costs in line with the worth of the job, not just because a union contract says that is what they will be paid. There are many more examples but get the point. It's logical, not a brain teaser. And you don't have to be in finance to figure out some of U's problems. Pilots, F/A, mechanics should be paid appropriately. They are schooled, licensed and must have recurrent training to know their job. Those that rode the coat tails have cost some professions their true worth.

Go ahead --- kill the messenger. I know it makes most of you have organisms.

You missed the point. I was poking fun at YOU.

Being the expert that you are, with the audacity to choose how much you think a person is "worth", please provide us with specific examples of how much each work group, at every seniority is worth. I imagine you understand exactly how airline employees are paid and scheduled, and what thier positions entail. You are, after all, Plane Jane! We are all eagerly awaiting your proposals. Please also include ideas on how US Airways can be a full-service network carrier and have LCC costs. Oh, Jane, I cant wait to hear the solutions!

Please be specific. I cant wait to peruse the "Plane Jane" proposal.

And I'm not angry, just informed. Try it.

P.S. I'm not completely sure what you mean by organsim? Do you mean orgasm? Has it been awhile?

planejane said:
Pilots, F/A, mechanics should be paid appropriately. They are schooled, licensed and must have recurrent training to know their job. Those that rode the coat tails have cost some professions their true worth.

Go ahead --- kill the messenger. I know it makes most of you have organisms.
[post="185583"][/post]​

Mame, you are mistaken indeed....not only Pilots, F/a and mechanics must have recurrent training, its also Customer Service as well.... I am not killing the messenger, just setting you strait as you obviously have no clue, and cannot he buy one....

I am informed. I don't need to get specific regarding job descriptions and their worth. It's all political and demographics play a big part or haven't you been around to see the cost of living varies. I also believe your living in, excuse the term - SPIN ZONE. Do you take your cues from Teresa Heinz Kerry? If someone doesn't like your opinion --- we're idiots? Then circum to name calling. I guess I should ask "How old are you?" Since you think I am only nine, that should equate you at TWO!

Now, I think that makes us even so let's get on with the matter of peoples lives who are in dire need of more optimisim here.

Blah blah blah, flapping in the wind and still saying nothing. Where are those proposals?

Come on smart, educated, lady, tell the greasy labor what they are worth! We are waiting!

Oh, and "succumb" is the word your looking for... "circum" ?

usairrwe,

how can you even equate pilots to customer service training? Everyone that has a job will inevitably require some form of retraining. My head is spinning, I need duct tape.............

planejane said:
My head is spinning, I need duct tape.............
[post="185598"][/post]​

Allow me.

2334_l.jpg