Food For Thought: Lower Pay Or No Job?

Thank you!

And really, haven't other posters noted that correcting ones spelling errors are really quite childish. I was originally going to use the word circumstance and my thoughts changed. Sorry to disappoint you.

planejane said:
usairrwe,

how can you even equate pilots to customer service training? Everyone that has a job will inevitably require some form of retraining. My head is spinning, I need duct tape.............
[post="185598"][/post]​
I never said that pilots training, was not hard and or that Customer Service training was easy, I was just stating the fact that we also have Training as well, which is required monthly and quarterly and yearly as well.... you mame have implied that only Pilots, F/A and mechanics have/need training yearly... I was just simply informing you that you were wrong again....mame, you indeed need to get a clue and or educate yourself re: my job before you open your mouth and insert your foot again....

planejane said:
Space,

Sure, read around you, their on a feeding frenzy.
[post="185604"][/post]​

Finally you say whay you mean... "workers" are mere organisms, sub-human and undeserving of livable wages. Can we assume this is whay you mean? It's what you imply.

planejane said:
Thank you!

And really, haven't other posters noted that correcting ones spelling errors are really quite childish.
[post="185601"][/post]​
That may be true, plane, but one has to wonder at the authenticity of a poster's not too subtle inference regarding their employment and its requisite education.

usairrwe said:
I never said that pilots training, was not hard and or that Customer Service training was easy, I was just stating the fact that we also have Training as well, which is required monthly and quarterly and yearly as well.... you mame have implied that only Pilots, F/A and mechanics have/need training yearly... I was just simply informing you that you were wrong again....mame, you indeed need to get a clue and or educate yourself re: my job before you open your mouth and insert your foot again....
[post="185603"][/post]​

Without getting into a dissertation here, I no way implied that ONLY pilots, F/A and mechanics are training worthy. They were a few examples. Obviously, nit picking a post is what most of you are good at. What it does for your productivity and problem solving is something I must be missing. Need more of that duct tape Light Years........

planejane said:
What it does for your productivity and problem solving is something I must be missing. Need more of that duct tape Light Years........
[post="185613"][/post]​

We're missing what your un-backed, ignorant right wing opinions do to solve our problems... or why they concern you in the first place.

planejane said:
I don't wish substandard wages - you obviously can't read. However, a high school grad stock clerk, making 25/hr? An aircraft cleaner topping off at 20? Come on, get real. U needs to get their costs in line with the worth of the job, not just because a union contract says that is what they will be paid. There are many more examples but get the point. It's logical, not a brain teaser. And you don't have to be in finance to figure out some of U's problems. Pilots, F/A, mechanics should be paid appropriately. They are schooled, licensed and must have recurrent training to know their job. Those that rode the coat tails have cost some professions their true worth.

Jane,

Let me take a whack at this.

1. No one disputes that a pilot or mech should make more than an agent. I do dispute that an agent job is worthy only of entry-level wages. While one can be adequate after six months, it takes a couple years to master the ballet of computer skills, logistics, and people skills that you expect the agent attending you to have. And while the myth has it fleet agents are mere bag smashers, the ones I know are accountable to TSA (SIDA and a/c security), FAA (w&b issues) DOT (haz-mat) DOA (live animal shipments) and Customs (international shipments). Sure, not every agent is so qualified, but a lot more than you might think. And, how good do you want the agent in the deicing rig servicing your flight to be?

2. I've watched ASA operated the low-cost model for years (that is what U is becoming, in my view). I've seen them land with low fuel (had the fueler come to me white-faced, once, saying "....the dumb b@#$%^ds just taxied up with 30 gallons of fuel." Turns out they cut fuel to accomodate pax/bags, then missed his first approach. Amazingly, no emergency was declared. A college kid with a 12 pak in his kidneys could compete with their deicing rig.

3. If the market is truly speaking, why does U management invoke WN as THE competitive threat, yet ignore WN for labor compensation purposes? Hint: They make quite a bit more than U. The difference is work rules? Got $20 says nobody can cite any U work rules for agents than is more restrictive than WN's.

4. Are any of the folks advising employees to give money to support the Palace's plan running out and investing major Benjamin's in a long term position in U stock? Thought not.

planejane said:
Go ahead --- kill the messenger. I know it makes most of you have organisms.
[post="185583"][/post]​
You must be kidding me......organisms??? As in Amoeba? What should I tell my husband? "Honey, I really want to have an organism tonight...care to join me?" :p

USA320Pilot said:
Employee cuts alone will not lower US Airways unit costs enough to survive, but it buys the company time to implement the structural changes needed to compete and thrive. For example, there must be improvements in flight crew productivity to increase aircraft utilization by 15%. This will lower the CASM by one cent, a huge difference and is expected to occur in mid-February, when seasonal traffic picks up.

It would be catastrophic to significantly increase ASM’s during the slow travel season with passengers booking away from the company.

Facility consolidation, lease rejection, simplified booking, IT improvements, eventual MDA/PSA growth, 75% point-to-point flying ,and the FLL expansion are all positive developments that will lower costs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uhh, there has never been anything in agent contracts, going back to 1999, prohibiting these activities. Yours?

Why has it taken from 1999 to now to implement them, and what guarantee do we have that they will be implemented?

Would NOW be a good time for management to actually operate the company?

Latest posts