Former CCY Who do you wish was back?

My vote goes to Deborah Thompson. It takes a truly special person to earn the respect of BOTH longing4piedmont and PineyBob! I don't there is another person in the history of CCY who can make that claim.

Chiames ran a close second, though! :p :D

My vote goes to Deborah Thompson. It takes a truly special person to earn the respect of BOTH longing4piedmont and PineyBob! I don't there is another person in the history of CCY who can make that claim.
Barry Biffle

You are correct that Deborah earned the respect of the FF. She was tough as nails when she thought she was right and would cut you no slack when telling you. But at the same time she was fair and willing to listen.

To my knowledge she never lied about or tried to mislead where the company was coming from or going to. Even if she knew you were not going to like the answer, she was straight up every time.

Our relationship was close. I never asked for nor received any special favors from her. She never offered any as well. Our relationship was based on doing what was right for US and the customers.

As you all can see from the other post, she was a very special lady and is sorely missed by those of us who knew her.

Chiames ran a close second, though! :p :D
Not even close...... :D

But I do miss him. It is a shame he left because he was rank amateur compared to Elise. She could have taken him to school on the subject of spin.......

YOu're kidding right?

IMHO--No One...

They did absolutely NOTHING for the CSA'S..
Sorryy :down:

Sherry Groff, Cheryl Lendvay from CCY. Deb Hoke from MAA. Three completely different managing styles, but all three were knowledgeable and inspiring!

Those 3 were walking "incompetents", clueless, knucleheads who didn't know how to work with employees in inflight or lead them without punitive, dranconian polices . Don't know how they got such positions. Guess the company was desperate to promote. Anyway, they were kicked to the curb, good move by the new managment and that call.

Not at U anymore, but I had the most respect for Rob Fuhr, who was the Director of Crew Scheduling at the time and John Petronzi. The entire Crew Sched. department operated the entire airline. It was the best, well run department out of the entire airline IMO. Without them continuing to do their jobs, professionally, resepectfully, the airline would have collapsed while in BK. Rob was at the negotiating table for the company, and was the only person I trusted when he opened his mouth. He's was fair and balanced for the 30 years he was at U, and never got promoted to VP. I believe senior managment felt threatened and felt he was too close to labor for their comfort. They wouldn't let him in the "boys club" and he left last November 30th 2005.

The rest of the U management were losers in my opinion, and out of all of the senior managment I worked with, only 3 or 4 are holding jobs with the new U, and that's because Jerry G. had a lot to do with training them to bust labor's balls.

Just like Dougie likes.

Those 3 were walking "incompetents", clueless, knucleheads who didn't know how to work with employees in inflight or lead them without punitive, dranconian polices . Don't know how they got such positions. Guess the company was desperate to promote. Anyway, they were kicked to the curb, good move by the new managment and that call.

PITbull,

WHAT?! - no Christmas spirit?

With all due respect (and I have a ton of respect for you), you're being a bit harsh. My experience has shown that far too much time is spent between the Union and the Company focusing on a very small percentage of employees. And, in most cases, these employees were not model employees. Issues of gross negligence, dependability, moral conduct, etc., from a small percentage of US Airways' outstanding workforce were as frustrating to Management as they were to you. So much time, money and energy was wasted during these battles, that it's possible that, eventually, goodwill was squandered between Management and the Union. Because of this, it's also possible that you were not privy to all the good that these three did. In most cases, very good managers do not publicize all the good things that they do. Many instances of employee recognition, emergency space positive travel, follow-up phone calls, dropping everything to listen to an employee with a problem, giving advice and counsel, treating people with respect, scheduling conflicts, pay issues, etc. go unnoticed day-in and day-out. So, perhaps you're opinion of these three is a bit one-sided and unfair.

Hope you have a nice Holiday Season!

I too must agree with l4pi and piney. at least with ccy, you knew where you stood and what they really rhoght--whether orr not they agreed. they listened also unlike the executive bunch of spinmasters in tempe. those people will lie to you and they read from scripts telling you things that are irrelevant to your inquiry. that garbage is good for ma and pa kettle. $100 vouchers and empty promises aren't going to keep the VFF...nor will drink coupons when almost all of your flying is in FC anyway.

PITbull,

WHAT?! - no Christmas spirit?

With all due respect (and I have a ton of respect for you), you're being a bit harsh. My experience has shown that far too much time is spent between the Union and the Company focusing on a very small percentage of employees. And, in most cases, these employees were not model employees. Issues of gross negligence, dependability, moral conduct, etc., from a small percentage of US Airways' outstanding workforce were as frustrating to Management as they were to you. So much time, money and energy was wasted during these battles, that it's possible that, eventually, goodwill was squandered between Management and the Union. Because of this, it's also possible that you were not privy to all the good that these three did. In most cases, very good managers do not publicize all the good things that they do. Many instances of employee recognition, emergency space positive travel, follow-up phone calls, dropping everything to listen to an employee with a problem, giving advice and counsel, treating people with respect, scheduling conflicts, pay issues, etc. go unnoticed day-in and day-out. So, perhaps you're opinion of these three is a bit one-sided and unfair.

Hope you have a nice Holiday Season!

Ah, humbug!

Beg to differ. I worked with all 3 many, many times in my tenure. Sherry was NOT a hands on VP. She was extremely distant from her group, and that's the way she wanted it. She had Cheryl and Deb report to her, and those two were by far the worst managers I had to deal with. Specifically Deb. She was extremely contentious, and wanted to treat the MAA f/as as though they were a regional carrier (what she was accustomed to). She did not follow any union framework, and did not know or follow the American Eagle work rules. All issues had to go directly to Bruce Ashby for resolve.

And they got resolved.

Deborah Thompson

Whatever! You may have liked her "party face" persona, but she was awful to her staff behind the scenes. Went through secretaries and managers like Murphy Brown.

Some talent that's now gone, either merger-related or otherwise:

John Kolesar
Rick Pelc
Laurie Johnston
Andy Hosey
Cheryl Lendvay
Rob Fuhr
Rosemary Murray (retiring soon)
John Bronson
Dave Castleveter
Kerry Carstairs
Me

Whatever! You may have liked her "party face" persona, but she was awful to her staff behind the scenes. Went through secretaries and managers like Murphy Brown.

John Kolesar
Rick Pelc
Laurie Johnston
Andy Hosey
Cheryl Lendvay
Rob Fuhr
John Bronson
Dave Castleveter
Kerry Carstairs
Me

OMG!! Yes, John Kolesar. What a great guy...sorry I forgot to mention him. Good catch NCFL!

John Kolesar
Rick Pelc
Laurie Johnston
Andy Hosey
Cheryl Lendvay
Rob Fuhr
John Bronson
Dave Castleveter
Kerry Carstairs
Me