Funny

You make a very good point. I think the company and the unions are both equally at fault for the poor relationship. You and I both know it probably will never get better. The unions want the top pay, best work rules, and best contract no matter how much it costs the company. The company wants to pay the least and still expect the best. Never ending story

It is hard for the majority of mid level management to feel sorry for a person who can take a pay cut equal to double what we make.

My point was to put the fine amount into perspective. Your assertion that the fine was some devastating thing to APA members if AMR called full payment has been disproved.

You then changed the context of my paycut comment into another petty comment. I never implied a request for sympathy due to my payloss, nor am I asking for any. My 49% cut is alot less painful than the 100% cut many managers, ground staff, Flight attendants and pilots are suffering with a job loss.

You''ve made enough inaccurate statements on this board to make yourself irrelevant to any employee relation discussions about AA.

I have yet to make up anything. I clearly have stated my opinion about the union work groups. I have also clearly stated that Management is not always to blame for all your troubles. I started a simple post and you started mudslinging. Get over it, and move on. We all know what happens to an airline when a pilot runs it (TWA).

A771GW

Your comment,
[We all know what happens to an airline when a pilot runs it (TWA).]
can not go unanswered.

A bit of research on your part would have revealed that there were many airlines that became leaders in the industry under the leadership of pilots.

Do you recall a Capt. Eddie Rickenbacher of Eastern? (a pilot) He built a proud and successful airline. Mr. Six, of Continental, happened to be a pilot and developed an airline which for years was the “yardstickâ€￾ in the industry by which others were judged. A gentleman by the name of Jack Frye led TWA into greatness, creating the finest airline in the industry….TWA. He too was a pilot.

Captain Bill Compton took over TWA at a time when his love of our airline, and the loyalty of the employees (and passengers), were the only thing holding it together. He managed to keep our airline alive for many years.

May I suggest that it is not my belief that only pilots can run an airline, but their track record deserves a bit of honest recognition.

Randy Kramer

----------------
On 4/18/2003 9:29:45 AM A77IGW wrote:

I hate to admit but i do agree. But wonder what type of execs would we have if not for the good pension (wolf...gangwall...ichan

----------------​
What kind of employees will they have without good pay and benifits? If we are to sacrifice is it wrong that they should also?

----------------
On 4/18/2003 9:29:45 AM A77IGW wrote:

I hate to admit but i do agree. But wonder what type of execs would we have if not for the good pension (wolf...gangwall...ichan

----------------​
What kind of employees will they have without good pay and benifits? If we are to sacrifice is it wrong that they should also?