Furlough Notices

This is a big problem for the MEC leadership, they have agreed on the 190 (so sorry BB) and the 170's despite their lack of effort, and even working against the US Airways pilots at the MDA division, are still here. They might have to share the 190's with the incumbant 170 pilots unless they can find a way to eliminate us. So what is an MEC to do? I know the ol standard threaten Article 8 charges. Lets recap. Pension gone, thousands furloughed, pay and benifits decimated, and a huge impending merger, and on top of that rumors of another merger to boot. And what are these "Union men" worried about? Less than 300 US AIRWAYS pilots only trying to have their contract honored. I am so glad the MEC's leadership has their priorities straight.
Disclaimer.. There are several MEC members who are fighting for all airways pilots and are doing the best they can to change the way this MEC does business.

ALL or NONE!!!!

The fun does not stop there...

Per the contract, those furloughed from MDA would then be placed upon the APL. Now this should enable them to move into a jets for jobs position, both new ones AND backfill ones (backfill = positiions created by attrition or never filled by APL pilots)

Problem is that it is my understanding that the PSA MEC feel those positions should not be made avail to anyone recently placed upon the APL (former CEL pilots that arrived at MDA from a wholly owned).

Why...? Well they claim those pilots should only be ale to return to their former company, and not be able to move into any JFJ position (even though nothing in writing, or that anyone else shares the PSA MEC's opinion like the company and AA ALPA). Granted, that no method now exists for those former CEL pilots to go back seems to matter little to the PSA MEC (although JFJ is set up).

Nice..., the PSA MEC makes the CHQ/Republic guys look unselfish and giving in comparison.

That figures, the PSA MEC chairman has been working to break unity among pilots for years. He was the one responsible for breaking the agreement between the 3 WO's about the J4J thing. He stalled the CEL list for well over a year, he will avoid contact with the other MEC's unless he has no choice or wants something. Sooner or later he will get the PSA pilots cut out of the whole thing with his selfishness. The PDT MEC knows what this guy is doing, as well as the real union men at the ML MEC. The what's in it for me crowd will eventually be ousted and replaced by Union pilots that know what a union is. At that point in time ST will get his. I just hope he does not take the fine PSA pilot group with him.

ALL or NONE!!! (a concept he does not understand)