Furloughs

:lol: You can find them at the anual CWA Vegas convention eating and drinking your dues.

Would a Voluntary Furlough get a weeks pay for each year of service or is that for Involuntary Furloughs only? Inquiring minds want to know :lol:

Would a Voluntary Furlough get a weeks pay for each year of service or is that for Involuntary Furloughs only? Inquiring minds want to know :lol:

Historically... voluntary furloughs do NOT receive severance pay. They receive their vacation days left in that year and their comp bank. Their accumulated vacation thus far that year (earned but taken in the next year) is either paid out or saved for their return, employee option.

Involuntary furloughs are eligible for severance pay as defined in the respective CBA.

Let us VF's apply for unemployment and we're gone!

And dont forget KEEP THOSE KIOSK NUMBERS UP :up: :up: :up: :up:

John John.....

not subject to the astronomical medical raises every other employee is subject too?
Not sure what you are talking about IAM members pay less for medical then CWA members or IAM members will not see an increases and CWA members will

Another wrinkle in the layoff process is that Mainline and Mainline/Express are handled completely separately. A Mainline employee can only displace a Mainline employee and a Mainline/Express can only displace a Mainline/Express employee. Therefore, we are really have 4 different layoffs since each Group is handled completely separately. There is no crossing of Group lines. A CTO agent cannot displace an mainline agent. A mainline agent cannot displace a CAR. A Club Rep. cannot displace a Mainline/Express agent, and so forth.

Friend just told me GSO lost 12. 6FT, 6PT. She said that leaves 15 ticket counter/gate agents and 7 US Air club reps?

Said they are adding two flights in September?

Just as our mgr kicked 6 front-liners kicked to the curb,he stated he would bring another med line mgr back on board.This just made me sick how this airline in run.

My former station just announced furloughs for a number of CSRs. Several months ago, some fleet were furloughed or transferred. That station still has 3 shift managers. Those managers were all HP and attended the school of "I'll yank your badge if" and "I'll write you up if". Doesn't make sense out.

Back