Future W/o U Plans

Sep 9, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I am interested in knowing how many employees have been spending the last 2 years preparing for a future without U by either returning to school or by other means. I left 2 years ago and these boards are saying the same things now as then. If it seems inevitable that U will eventually fail or merge how many are really planning for the future?

callgirlcindie said:
I am interested in knowing how many employees have been spending the last 2 years preparing for a future without U by either returning to school or by other means. I left 2 years ago and these boards are saying the same things now as then. If it seems inevitable that U will eventually fail or merge how many are really planning for the future?
You are right. We all should be preparing instead of on here b****ing! My wife went through this with TWA and she told me last fall that she thought we had about a year, meaning that either U won't be here or we won't be making anything if it is. Smart lady. I should listen to her more often! (Don't tell her that!) As for me, I started a business on the side. Good luck to all.

If it seems inevitable that U will eventually fail or merge how many are really planning for the future?

Its not inevitible.. if more people would focus on the airline, and doing their jobs to the very best of their ability, and always going the extra mile, the employees might just have the power to save it.. Labor touches the customers everyday... Labor has the power to do incredible things.

Although, it always good to keep the resume updated.

usair_begins_with_u said:
Its not inevitible.. if more people would focus on the airline, and doing their jobs to the very best of their ability, and always going the extra mile, the employees might just have the power to save it.. Labor touches the customers everyday... Labor has the power to do incredible things.

Although, it always good to keep the resume updated.
We have been focusing on the airline and doing our jobs and going the extra mile. That is why we are at or near the top in customer surveys despite what we are going through. But that isn't enough to save this place. The employees are working their a**es off for what? Management to come back and ask for concessions that are more that the first two combined. There's thanks for you.

Maybe it is not inevitable, but at the LEAST employees will not have the pay/benefits they have today even after all the previous givebacks. I have been going back to school for a 2 yr associates degree in the medical field. Entry level is around 15 - 17 dollars an hour. This is entry level but there are raises every year, Plus great medical benefits, weekends and holidays off. I worked at U for 23 years and would be making around this same amount, BUT working weekends, holidays, paying more for insurance, stressed out, and wondering every day what is around the corner. I just worry about the employees that wait until perhaps U does not exsist or they do not make what they want to, to do something about their future.