Fyi - Dave Recorded His Weekly Msg Today

is it permissable to post the number to listen to the message directly or post the transcript of it???

:blink:

a320av8r said:
The problem is that we're working with the old Pennsylvania attitude.
The same one that put the steel mills and railroads under, the same one that has gangs running the ramp in PHL.
Its all about the NUMBER of jobs, not the QUALITY.

If you speak up you are summarily shot down.
No room for common sense.
We could work much smarter, not harder- but that would mean a new way of thinking.

NOT IN PENNSYLVANIA!

We've never done it that way before and we're sure as hell not going to start now. I'll let this company go under and then apply at a new carrier at 1/3 wages and no work rules first, but I'll have my pride!
:angry:
Reading a post like this makes me angry because people like you are clueless, simply clueless!

Yes, the unions robbed the robber barons of steel and the railroads, and corporate America! What a foolish thoughtless statement. The greed of corporate America is beyond comprehension and reason and this is what you defend with with such thoughtless remarks. The likes of Dave come on the property and ruin thousands of lives and wants even more. The gonads it takes that guy to say labor is not cooperating after the crap he pulled shows how out of touch and heartless he is. Yet we have people on here defending him no matter what he pulls. You expect people to sacrifice themselves for the likes of Dave and his ilk. You can sacrifice yourself all you want for his kind, me I will stand firm along with my co-workers not just in Pennsylvania but system wide and tell him to stick it where the sun don’t shine.

oh where do i begin.
i begin to think that this comany has no hope at all. i see the same thing that happened at eastern happen here. and that's sad because we have a tremendous amount of good emloyees. does everyone actually think that this company is ok the way it is right now? that it doesen't need to change to adapt to the current environment? i don't get it. that even if we get a new ceo,he or she is going to tell us the exact same thing that dave seigel is telling us because its so true. i mean all the fighting and all the name calling . don't you guys get tired of it . same way dave is blaming the union leadership for getting in the way of this business plan is the same way the union leadership is blaming dave for getting in the way of what the union leadership wants. so all this butting heads is not going to get us anywhere. xcept that dave will put this airline back into chapt 11 and then the mechanics will really be screwed because they will definatly outsource their asses to a company in mexico probrably .thats where wn outsource their a/c i heard.
f/a pay will probrably become even lower than what it is. and utility will be gone.
when i came into this company i said "man i am in a good company with a good union i will be safe here" now i feel that the union will be partly to blame if this company goes under. because we fight so much and in the end nothing. nothing but a bunch of close minded, unreasonable people who lead this union. don't get me wrong . its good to have a union. a union to protect my job. not to be unreasonable and not willing to have an open mind and try to save it.
last time i noticed. i was hired by usairways not the union. in fact i was forced to join it when i was hired .usair pays me ,not the union .i have to pay the union due's to protect my job. nice job afa. keep up the good work. :angry:

Etops,

Not sure who the hell you are? But I don't believe you are unionized employee. That said......

What do you propose we do, concede, and give managment what they ask for so you can be "saved"? Its the same thing as in a BK and abrogating the agreements, only difference here, IS YOU WANT THE UNIONS TO CONCEDE WITH THEIR STAMP OF APPROVAL TO GIVE UP WHATEVER SELF RESPECT AND QUALITY OF LIFE WE HAVE LEFT. To leave who off the hook? This mangement? So they can run and tell the pulic and the industry, that.." hey, look, unionized people conceded to this "give back"...look, they are so afraid of losing their jobs, just "dangle" job-jeopardy in their faces, and they will run to give you their contracts "gift wrappd"!!!!

Should we all keep lowering the "bar" because managment does not know how to run an airline, therefore we need to give up more of our "quality of life"?

You are insane. Get your resume in order, BK, no BK, liquidation, no liquidation, this managment can't run an airline with $2 billion in cost savings and all the alliances in God's green earth including Japan, and China, they are not getting our contracts with our endorsement. No siree, fella/fellow.

etops1-

You do need to sincerely thank the union. If you didnt have it, Dave would have replaced you with a toothless crackhead new hire F/A at Express levels months ago. Don't you see that they have NO INTEREST IN US AIRWAYS EMPLOYEES. They want to shrink this thing as small as possible, run it as cheaply as possible, sell it, and make a buck.

Anyone preaching about "quality" of jobs over quantity needs to remember that without someone junior to you, thou cannot be senior. Without growth from the bottom, you never go anywhere. Without the work spread out, you do it all for the same or less than before. Wheres the quality in that? Those of you that sell out the juniors to protect yourself, when you're gone so is that "quality job."

Airlines used to be a unique, lifelong career that brought with it an alternate, broad refreshing view of the world, cameraderie, pride in yourself and your company, and while not riches, a livable wage. These careers have been reduced to miserable, working poor jobs with workers in cutthroat races to the bottom. Airline employees are forced to compete with each other and other work groups in the hopes of a paycheck the next week. I just cannot understand not having any pride or interest in your profession or co-workers.

etops1 said:
oh where do i begin.
i begin to think that this comany has no hope at all. i see the same thing that happened at eastern happen here. and that's sad because we have a tremendous amount of good emloyees. does everyone actually think that this company is ok the way it is right now? that it doesen't need to change to adapt to the current environment? i don't get it. that even if we get a new ceo,he or she is going to tell us the exact same thing that dave seigel is telling us because its so true. i mean all the fighting and all the name calling . don't you guys get tired of it . same way dave is blaming the union leadership for getting in the way of this business plan is the same way the union leadership is blaming dave for getting in the way of what the union leadership wants. so all this butting heads is not going to get us anywhere. xcept that dave will put this airline back into chapt 11 and then the mechanics will really be screwed because they will definatly outsource their asses to a company in mexico probrably .thats where wn outsource their a/c i heard.
f/a pay will probrably become even lower than what it is. and utility will be gone.
when i came into this company i said "man i am in a good company with a good union i will be safe here" now i feel that the union will be partly to blame if this company goes under. because we fight so much and in the end nothing. nothing but a bunch of close minded, unreasonable people who lead this union. don't get me wrong . its good to have a union. a union to protect my job. not to be unreasonable and not willing to have an open mind and try to save it.
last time i noticed. i was hired by usairways not the union. in fact i was forced to join it when i was hired .usair pays me ,not the union .i have to pay the union due's to protect my job. nice job afa. keep up the good work. :angry:
Oh great sage please shed your great wisdom upon us all that we might see the light of day and survive Dave.

You don’t get it do you.

If it’s time for U to go into the abyss then it’s time no matter what is said or who the blames falls upon. Right is right and Dave doing us wrong again and again will not stop the inevitable if it’s meant to be.

I don't know if its been stated elsewhere but what types of productivity changes does US Airways want and how do they effect proposed sceduling or planning of the airline? How does what they are asking for or planning going to effect quality of life? What is the vision of the new plan? Have they even presented for public consumption?

Its all work rule changes. If they ask AGAIN for productivity enhancement, and that is what they have elluded to repeatedly, translates to "less felxibility" (reserves are already broke and enslaved) and it will cost more ground jobs to go. Not only that, and most importantly, this managment has a history of violating ALL Labor agreements, BOTH concessions, inspite of the millions and millions of cost savings given by all the groups. And when the language NO LONGER suits their needs, WHAM, they just violate systematically, across the board, with absolutely no regard to the employees that they devistate.

They view all of Labor as "non-union" and that contracts are just an "apeasement" if you will, a labor-feel-good-piece-of-paper to allow labor to only imagine that they have paper that is binding.

No thank you. Been there; done that, with thismanagement.

PITbull said:
Etops,

Not sure who the hell you are? But I don't believe you are unionized employee. That said......

What do you propose we do, concede, and give managment what they ask for so you can be "saved"? Its the same thing as BK brogating the agreements, only diffeernce here, IS YOU WANT THE UNIONS TO CONCEDE WITH THEIR STAMP OF APPROVAL TO GIVE UP WHATEVER SELF RESPECT AND QUALITY OF LIFE WE HAVE LEFT. To leave who off the hook? This mangement? So they can run and tell the pulic and the industry, that.." hey, look, unionized people conceded to this "give back"...look, they are so afraid of losing their jobs, just "dangle" job-jeopardyin their faces, and they will run to give you their contracts "gift wrappd"!!!!

Should we all keep lowering the "bar" because managment does not know how to run an airline, therefore we need to give up more of our "quality of life"?

You are insane. Get you resume out, BK, no BK, liquidation, no liquidation, this managment can't run an airline with $2 billion in cost savings and all the alliances in God's green earth including Japan, and China, they are not getting our contracts with our endorsement. No siree, fella/fellow.
oh i am unionized alright i am a f/a . but iam just tired of all this fighting. i mean don't you get tired pitt. what is all this fighting gonna do . i mean really. i don't want to come out being rude to you . i respect your posts and i know that you truly beleive in what you stand for and i commend you for that. and your interested in the jobsecurity of me and everyother employee at this company. but sometimes i just get over all the bullshit. the crap the company sais the crap the union sais. i mean chill out everybody. lets just work together on this. this is a seroius issue here. this is the survival of this. company not my company, our company.
don't you think that wn ,jetblue ,airtran and especially delta. are just sitting back laughing at how we are duking it out internaly at airways waiting for us to just cave in and fold so that they could all come in and pick up the peices of this once proud airline. is that what we raelly want here? THAT WOULD REALLY PISS ME OFF!!! :angry: we need to once again work together with our management team wether we like it or not. this is not a joke. its a different time. we can be a strong company. we can be a force to be reckoned with. we just need to work together as a team . because we are all in this together. you me, cav,lightyears,chip, al of us here in this forum and in this company. its not about just one person's job. its about everyone's job. you gotta start looking ahead. start looking at the other side of this huge wall between management and the union. that's all i gotta say. now someone get me a beer. <_<

'Can't we all just get along" LOL..... you make me laugh ETOPS.

You can't be serious.... We didn't start a war with managment; they did. We as labor are just defending ourselves. The most we can do is file grievances for the blatant disregard to contract languge by this managment. God Bless IAM, that had "steel iron clad" language in their contracts to save their work. Inspite of these union busters and their lawyers, they can't penetrate that languge no matter what sob stories they give the judges.

We, on the other hand, don't have that "iron clad languge" because we as members trusted this managment and conceded to THEIR language. Only because many of us were as niave, as you sit today...."oh please please, can't we just get along"....oh beat me, beat me, I don't want to fight"....

Answer: uh, NO, we can't get along.

Latest posts

Back