Ghosts Of Christmas Past

Good morning all, now you have me really confused here. Is CIO the same person as TeamTWU?

* Just a few cases of your own namecalling, just on this page! Please do not blame TeamTWU for all, seems like the pot calling the kettle black. Though I do believe both should cease.
Typical twu stoolie,other big tough men ,the legion of pansies that cower behind a facade,Grow up junior and come out from behind Mama's skirts,twu stoolies ,chicken-$#!+

* Jim, you speak of professionalism in one post and type juvenilistic postings in another.

* And another fine statement from an AMFA advocate.Yes I do know there are a few mechanics at AA that are still branded. It does take some surgery to remove the brainwashing of the TWU. So you are saying my beliefs in my union are bad? That because I do not see the world as you I am the one that needs surgery? Thank you for that insight, I will keep that in mind when asked again to sign a card sir. Your group must be closely knit and not wanting to hear from someone as I that support my local but am willing to listen to your attempts at unionism. You speak of posting these posts at the workplace, how about posting this one to those that have not signed?

Thank you for your time.

Calvin said:
Good morning all, now you have me really confused here. Is CIO the same person as TeamTWU?

* Just a few cases of your own namecalling, just on this page! Please do not blame TeamTWU for all, seems like the pot calling the kettle black. Though I do believe both should cease.
Typical twu stoolie,other big tough men ,the legion of pansies that cower behind a facade,Grow up junior and come out from behind Mama's skirts,twu stoolies ,chicken-$#!+

* Jim, you speak of professionalism in one post and type juvenilistic postings in another.

* And another fine statement from an AMFA advocate.Yes I do know there are a few mechanics at AA that are still branded. It does take some surgery to remove the brainwashing of the TWU. So you are saying my beliefs in my union are bad? That because I do not see the world as you I am the one that needs surgery? Thank you for that insight, I will keep that in mind when asked again to sign a card sir. Your group must be closely knit and not wanting to hear from someone as I that support my local but am willing to listen to your attempts at unionism. You speak of posting these posts at the workplace, how about posting this one to those that have not signed?

Thank you for your time.
Fair enough.

OK lets stick to the issues.

Where would you like to start?

Calvin said:
Fire away Mr. Owens, though I am not a very knowledgeable spokesperson, what issue?
OK, the topic of this thread is history. Lets start looking at the TWUs performance over the last twenty years.

Over the last twenty years AA has been one of the most profitable successful airlines. It has more than tripled in size. The TWU has also enjoyed a tripling in size. However AA TWU represented employees have not shared in that success. While the company and the TWU have prospered real wages have been in a steady decline and many benifits have been seriously eroded or eliminated entirely.

Clearly the company and the TWU have prospered at the expense of the members.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I could not swear that these two are one in the same although the style and content are very close, close enough for me to think they are. Because this person hides behind the cartoonish names we'll never know for sure.. Here and on other message boards advocates of industrial unionism have been known to use multiple aliases while pretending to be disgrunteled NWA mechanics and more recently UAL mechanics all the while lying and spreading false information.. Now the real question is why?? Why instead of truth do they resort to deception and personal attacks, even going so low as to comment about a persons weight?? If they had something positive to offer perhaps they would have shared that by now??

I don't like it either when I read something about a person cashing bad checks, spousal abuse, insider trading etc, Several years ago the police hauled off a man during work on charges of child molestation and participating in a ring that video taped the attacks .. Should we find out if he backs TWU or AMFA and make an issue out of this?? No, I think it drags us all down and has little to do with the specific topic which is TWU or AMFA

Concerning the reference to tough men and legions of pansies, Calvin that cuts both ways and was meant for everyone that is afraid to stand up and be counted AMFA,TWU ... In closing I have never called anyone a stoolie or chicken feces, but I may have come close.. I have offered some information of a personal nature but only to highlight ongoing weaknesses within the twu since 1989.. I'll be at the Radisson on the 15th and the Brady on the 17th, hope you'll attend as well then maybe we can find answers. It's not easy to stay focused but lets try it.

;) Jim- ;)

Mr. Owens, I should honestly bow out of any history debate with the TWU, I have 4/10/01 seniority if you get my drift. My input would be only what I have read from these boards and parts of the newspaper articles produced by the TWU. Also, on the farm we have discussions with the animals, debates seem so harsh. Farm humor there.

However, the fact that our benefits have eroded is no debate, that sir is a fact. It is also a fact that the fat and happy CEO's enjoy a 400/1 pay ratio with the working class, there lies the sin. I watched at TWA, CEO's come and go as quickly as overnighters. It was as if they had a list to call the next guy desiring a "golden parachute" for 6 months of work. I see the working class in the US in a fight for their lives. I think the rich of this world want to do away with the middle class Americans and have rich and poor folks, just my view.

I do not blame the TWU for my concessions, I blame the economy, world politics, and the need of revitalization of unions in the USA. Thank you.

Good and valid question Buck, "Catch 22" comes to mind here. If what was presented upon the membership to vote was valid and beyond approach, then I would say "blame" is to harsh of a word. A democratic vote cannot spawn blame as I see it.

I realize I am the union, so would I blame myself? If and only if I also reap the benefits of progressive times involving my actions. I know you'll agree that both AMFA and the TWU state they allowed or disallowed this and that in bragging what each respectfully attained. I was never given a medal for my actions, not once. But I am blamed for the concessions, through my admittance of my vote, from fellow mechanics. This is why I usually "stay on the farm" and out of union politics.Thank you.

Calvin said:
I do not blame the TWU for my concessions, I blame the economy, world politics, and the need of revitalization of unions in the USA. Thank you.
Are you one that blames AMFA at NWA for the force majeure RIF's?

Another two questions Calvin, if you don't want to debate history because of your seniority so to speak. Are you willing to listen those that have 20-30 years of proof of TWU failures? Can you tell us how well the concessions TWA employees gave time after time worked out saving your airline?

You may succesfully blame the current concessions on the economy, world politics, and the need of revitilization of unions. But, before long, you are going to read a lengthy list of TWU Industry Leading Concessions, and you will be hard pressed to continue that excuse on their behalf. Given the profits made by AA in the same time frame or Capitalization Projects advanced during the same.

Just as we funded on our backs, the growth of SABRE, the AA computer reservation system in the past, only to have that spun off and Corporate Execs, lined pockets on both stock option profits, and over paid job creation for their ranks. Today, on our backs we are funding the expansion of American Eagle/Connection and the Pilot's sacred cow.

January 9th, 2004 is a vital important day in our future. Do you know why?

I listen to everyone and try and cypher for myself Mr. Informer. No I do not know why Jan. 9th is important. I did do a search and found this:
  • Friday, January 9th 2004
    Al-Anon Meeting - The Pride Center of NJ, 1048 Livingston Avenue, New Brunswick. The 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month at 7:30 PM. For more info, call 732-846-2232, visit them on the web or send email.
  • Alternate Thursdays - First Lutheran Church, 153 Park Street, Montclair. The 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month at 7:30 PM. For more info, call 973-237-1026.
  • Alternative Lifestyles Group for Seniors - Senior Health Network, Community Medical Center, Highway 37 West, Toms River. The 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month. For more info, call 1-800-621-0096.
Am I close? Just some more farm humor from the kids. Anyhow, do I blame AMFA for anything, no I do not. AMFA does not play a part of my life currently. I believe blame to be one of those big words that carry heavy consequences. Blame is a shallow word, blame allows you to pass on resposibility. With the ability to blame you have the ability to shed consequence of actions. I try and stay a simple man, I find life more amusing that way. Thank you.

Calvin said:
Mr. Owens, I should honestly bow out of any history debate with the TWU, I have 4/10/01 seniority if you get my drift. My input would be only what I have read from these boards and parts of the newspaper articles produced by the TWU. Also, on the farm we have discussions with the animals, debates seem so harsh. Farm humor there.

However, the fact that our benefits have eroded is no debate, that sir is a fact. It is also a fact that the fat and happy CEO's enjoy a 400/1 pay ratio with the working class, there lies the sin. I watched at TWA, CEO's come and go as quickly as overnighters. It was as if they had a list to call the next guy desiring a "golden parachute" for 6 months of work. I see the working class in the US in a fight for their lives. I think the rich of this world want to do away with the middle class Americans and have rich and poor folks, just my view.

At $200,000 a year with a car, all expenses paid and a posh office on Broadway in NYC would Sonny Hall be more like the CEO, or more like us?

Were you aware that he pays his private secretary over $100,000/yr?

Contact me on E-mail.