Glass Gets A Promotion!

US AIRWAYS EXPANDS ROLES OF TWO EXECUTIVES

ARLINGTON, Va., April 20, 2005 -- US Airways has expanded the roles of two executives, naming Jerrold A. Glass as executive vice president – chief human resources officer, and Bill Trousdale as vice president - financial planning and analysis.

Glass, who joined the company in April 2002 as senior vice president of employee relations, oversees US Airways’ relationships with its unions as well as human resources policy and compliance, recruiting, corporate learning and development, compensation and benefits.

In his new role, Glass will also oversee the company's "Partners for Change," program, which is designed to build better relationships with labor to address business issues and improve operational efficiency.

"Jerry has been able to work constructively with all of our unions in dealing with some extremely difficult issues," said Bruce R. Lakefield, US Airways president and chief executive officer. "He has a tremendous understanding of the human resources issues facing our industry, and has done a great job not only in developing new programs, but also in balancing our employees’ and company’s needs."

Trousdale, currently a managing director in the finance department, will be responsible for all aspects of the airline’s financial and capital planning and analysis, in additional to labor, fleet, and market profitability analysis functions.

"Bill’s broad range of talents and financial acumen have played an important role in our ability to develop a viable business plan to return our company to profitability," said Lakefield. "He is a highly motivated and dynamic individual and we welcome his continued expertise and contributions."

Glass holds a bachelor of arts degree from Boston University and a master’s degree in public administration from The George Washington University.

Trousdale joined US Airways in 1999 from Weil-McLain. He holds a master’s in business administration in management & strategy and marketing from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University and a bachelor’s of science degree in mechanical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Trousdale also served five years in the United States Navy as a nuclear submarine officer.

Reporters needing additional information should contact US Airways Corporate Affairs at (703) 872-5100.

since when was glass able to work with the unions well? i highly doubt he could be givena higher position unless he is up to no good

In my opinion, he is the only executive that fulfilled his end of the plan. He did his job that he was paid to do.

Can't say that about any other senior exec. They just collected their 5 digit monthly paycheck, while the airline basically ran itself on auto pilot.

Glass in charge of employee relations? Ha ha ha ha . And some people wonder why U management gets bashed. To anyone without a stake in this place, its a laugh a minute. It's like a satire on SNL only if you didnt know better you would think SNL is more believable

The two most interesting terms in the press release are "Executive VP" and "improve operational efficiency".

If you consider responsibilities as a zero sum game, who might be losing authority with this move?

said Bruce R. Lakefield, US Airways president and chief executive officer. "He has a tremendous understanding of the human resources issues facing our industry, and has done a great job not only in developing new programs, but also in balancing our employees’ and company’s needs."

So I guess we now know WHO IS TO BLAME in PHL ! ! ! !

They can give him all the titles they want but the employees who were forced to deal with him will NEVER forget his attitude toward them.

He shall always be known as Jerry Glass, the obstinate A-- !!
:down: :down: :down:

ringmaruf said:

Glass, who joined the company in April 2002 as senior vice president of employee relations, oversees US Airways’ relationships with its unions as well as human resources policy and compliance, recruiting, corporate learning and development, compensation and benefits.

In his new role, Glass will also oversee the company's "Partners for Change," program, which is designed to build better relationships with labor to address business issues and improve operational efficiency.
Here is MPA's job description:
Alan Crellin is US Airways' executive vice president, operations. He is responsible for all US Airways airport locations, dining and cabin services, aircraft utility personnel, flight, in-flight, maintenance, safety, and the company's state-of-the-art Operations Control Center located in Pittsburgh, PA.

Two upstanding men. Doing a great job! These men should be more highly compensated. Lakefield is brilliant.

PineyBob said:
Interestingly enough I totally agree. I never liked his methods but you could never knock his track record.

From my view in 2C you were the only one to have the testosterone to stand up to him and in the end got a reasonable deal given the circumstances.

Let's see if he can switch hats and become the peacemaker.
[post="263512"][/post]​

I don't know about that Bob. Someone else will have to take the patton. I'll be leaving at the end of the year.

If there is a merger, you watch how all these execs will scramble for promotions for putting two struggling airlines together. If anything, it buys time for both carriers, but I still think it will take a long time for the Industry to recover.

I don't have the patience or time to wait for some mariculous turnaround. No matter what the turn around, our contracts won't change for a very long time. We all need to start looking for some stability in another company where we don't have to continue to worry about what they will take next and what part of our lives that will effect profoundly. We need to take care of our families, just as the Execs do, no matter what the state of the industry, they still bring in the big pay check every month. Promotions get handed out like candy canes to those who oppress labor the most. There's irony in this. Giving kudos and at-a-boys to those who destroy morale. :down:

I will stay till my last day, and continue to defend labor til my time is up, at all cost, no matter what I have to do to achieve a "balance" in this godforsaken place.

PITbull said:
I don't know about that Bob. Someone else will have to take the patton. I'll be leaving at the end of the year.

If there is a merger, you watch how all these execs will scramble for promotions for putting to struggling airlines together. If anything, it buys time for both carriers, but I still think it will take a long time for the Industry to recover.

I don't have the patience or time to wait. We all need to start looking for some stability in another company where we don't have to conitnue to worry about what they will take next and what part of our lives that will effect.

I will stay till my last day, and continue to defend labor til my time is up, at all cost, no matter what I have to do to achieve a "balance" in this godforsaken place.
[post="263588"][/post]​

Hey Pitbull, good luck to you! As you're finding out, life is just too short and that we all must plan accordingly to live the best life we can. And, for a lot of us, that's sans-US Airways. You've done a remarkable job defending the flight attendants. :D

ringmaruf said:

[post="263490"][/post]​

Hmmm...this looks similar

Goebbels was given the task of building up Nazi support in Berlin. He did this between 1926 and 1930. In 1928, he was elected to the Reichstag - something that he repeated in 1930. In 1929, he had been given overall charge of the party’s propaganda machine. It was here that Goebbels excelled. In 1933, after Hitler was appointed chancellor, Goebbels was appointed Minister of Enlightenment and Propaganda. He held this post until 1945.

Latest posts

Back