----------------
On 2/22/2003 7:37:36 AM WingNaPrayer wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/22/2003 7:02:32 AM flygal4500 wrote:

-- how would YOU reorganize AA?

----------------
[/blockquote]

Bankrupt it, close it, and start over from scratch.
----------------
[/blockquote]

For those of you who couldn't tell what WnP's agenda was, he has pretty much spelled it out for you here.

You say the company is serving "kool-aid"? It would be interesting to know what you call this stuff you're serving!!!

WNP, refresh my memory, are you the multi hundred thousand mile per year passenger/stock holder? Or is that somebody else I am thinking of? Off the top of my head I can/t remember who made that claim.

Guys,
I don't know about you all, but the more I read about Carty the more I hate his despicable ass! Leadership is set by example. Look at Lee Iacoca. His company was in the pits but he knew he could turn it around and did take $1 salary. Carty has no idea what he is doing, so why sacrfice...he has no faith in AMerican and AMR. It almost makes me long for good ole Crandall.
All I know is Carty has caused this F/A to definately vote against any concessions until he does so first and I mean no salary ,no bonus and no stock options for the oinker!!!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/24/2003 7:47:21 PM AAStew wrote:

Guys,
I don't know about you all, but the more I read about Carty the more I hate his despicable ass! Leadership is set by example. Look at Lee Iacoca. His company was in the pits but he knew he could turn it around and did take $1 salary. Carty has no idea what he is doing, so why sacrfice...he has no faith in AMerican and AMR. It almost makes me long for good ole Crandall.
All I know is Carty has caused this F/A to definately vote against any concessions until he does so first and I mean no salary ,no bonus and no stock options for the oinker!!!
----------------
[/blockquote]

If he works for free, will you work for free? FYI - during the Iacocca years, Chrysler built sh*t. He was a heckuva salesman, but the quality of his product suffered. Also, IIRC, Frank Sinatra "paid" Iacocca during those "dollar years".

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/24/2003 4:54:04 PM WingNaPrayer wrote:

1.How about....dumping half the paid holidays. Get rid of holiday pay altogether for those who don't actually work ON the holiday.

2.How about adjustments to the Healthcare program. Should people with 3 and 4 kids really be paying the same amount for healthcare benefits as two persons do?

3.How about overtime adjustments. How many employees would be willing to work overtime for straight time pay, rather than face a pay cut?

4.How about trimming the part time fat and getting rid of excess part time employees?

5.How about temporarily suspending the friends and family fly free programs.

----------------
[/blockquote]

As an AA pilot, I think you posted some good ideas for everyone to pitch in for concessions.

1.Holiday pay? What is that? Straight pay here, even on 12/25

2.Good point, But those with more kids should deduct less fees for breeding more future customers, (or custodians) ;)

3.Pilot overtime is done at straight pay. there is a provision in our 1997 contract, but I have never heard of anyone ever getting it.

4. No part timers flying, (Maybe the super senior Tokyo Captains though)

5. Why stop a revenue generating program? D3 rates are higher than many fares like priceline.

Sorry. I did not mean it to hurt so badly.
Most of us are convinced that concessions are unavoidable given the present set of circumstances.
That was not my point or plan. And we all know that, don’t we?
Whining? No. Sarcasm? Yes.
One of the problems that need to be addressed throughout the company is productivity.
Most will agree, I am certain.
Unfortunately, the elimination and or change of work rules our union employees enjoy
(along with all the “dead woodâ€￾ that exists in our work groups, including unions)
is not easily accomplished and definitely time consuming.
Time is of the essence.
The same is not true of our non-union employees. Their work rules and “dead woodâ€￾ can be eliminated instantly.
You are asking us for sacrifices. Everybody is asking you for that all elusive business Plan.
The plan that will increase market share and compete with the Low Cost Carriers.
Lets agree to disagree. What you guys call part of your plan; we call strong evidence of your incompetence.
Schedule efficiency? Fleet simplification? HDQ building consolidation?
Is this a reorganization plan or what you should have being doing in the first place?
Years ago.
Time is of the essence.
So why don’t we do what is expedient.
Eliminate all the dead wood accumulated at HDQ!
You know, all the ones that keep asking “ what is your planâ€￾. I produce a quality product
Day in and day out. Do you?
And finally for all you simple minded, since I will contribute heavily to the cause,
I retain the right to have fun at your expense and whine at will.

No, I will not work for free, but is it right that he is bleeding the company with his great leadership and asking those of us who can least afford to give things up to do so? NO!!!! He is so unethical it makes me scream. I was ready to give up what I had to, but the more I hear about him the less I am willing to do so. It is more than time for him to lead or leave! The airlines are not floundering because of Unions and craftworkers! It is because of mismanagement! I cannot wait until his compensation package becomes public, yes I agree great leadership should be compensated as such, but Carty is a PIG.

If you are not willing to work for nothing, then why should your top executive? What you are "hearing about him" on these boards comes from WNP - hardly a source that can be considered "neutral".

Do you really think this message board is the only source of information/opinions about Carty/AA that is available??

Carty can't make so much as a move without major media reporting on it now, and the tougher he gets on labor, the tougher the media will get on him.

Lots of people read these boards, but few actively participate....but they sure do email each other and talk about what's being said!

KCFlyer,
You and I must not work for the same company. I read everywhere thank you, the internet, the newspapers, and even our platinums have their opinions of Varty's leadership abilities and his lack of ethics. Why do you defend him so? Will you still do so when you lose your job? I do not agree with all of wing and prayers comments but a good number are on the mark as opposed to your worship of Carty.

Latest posts

Back