Grass Roots drive for TWU to replace AMFA begins.

"poor representation"?

Has the TWU forced the company to open MX stations where none existed before? How about where it DID exist before? Is Alliance open again? is the TAESAL agreement back in force?

No all the way around eh?

Actually due to the merger and the Stations that the IAM brought to the table yes TWU did benefit from that and secured 28 Stations. The IAM in turn got the stronger SCOPE of the TWU contract in regards to work performed. You can of course read the Contract for yourself.

Actually due to the merger and the Stations that the IAM brought to the table yes TWU did benefit from that and secured 28 Stations. The IAM in turn got the stronger SCOPE of the TWU contract in regards to work performed. You can of course read the Contract for yourself.

http://www.twu-iam.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/MR-JCBA-TA-Final-3-9-20.pdf

You didn't answer my question ... here try again.

"poor representation"?

Has the TWU forced the company to open MX stations where none existed before? How about where it DID exist before? Is Alliance open again? is the TAESAL agreement back in force?

You didn't answer my question ... here try again.

"poor representation"?

Here read the AMFA today portion if you like. But to somewhat answer your question about Alliance and TAESAL, RDU and BNA aren’t Hubs for AA anymore either. We also dumped the S80’s and F100’s. (Things change constantly in the Airline Industry)

748E706B-82C0-4C5D-9168-8808F0E296BC.jpeg05D8CE37-A5BB-4ADB-B698-427A62DC2E19.jpeg

BTW as another FYI the TWU/IAM Association Represents around 17,000 AMT’s and related at AA in 28 Stations. I think in the video above Gary stated that’s 14 Mechanics represented per Aircraft where AMFA at SWA only represents 2.3 Mechanics.

Yes poor representation.

Here read the AMFA today portion if you like. But to somewhat answer your question about Alliance and TAESAL, RDU and BNA aren’t Hubs for AA anymore either. We also dumped the S80’s and F100’s. (Things change constantly in the Airline Industry)

Got it - So the TWU/IAM isn't anymore effective in forcing open MX stations than AMFA

BTW as another FYI the TWU/IAM Association Represents around 17,000 AMT’s and related at AA in 28 Stations. I think in the video above Gary stated that’s 14 Mechanics represented per Aircraft where AMFA at SWA only represents 2.3 Mechanics.

Yes poor representation.

Okay lets look at that - AMFA took over SWA in what? 2003? What was the TWU MX membership at AA in 2003? What was the IAM MX membership at USAirways?

Who has lost more mechanics over the last apprx 20 years? SWA or AA/USAIRways?

Poor representation indeed -

Got it - So the TWU/IAM isn't anymore effective in forcing open MX stations than AMFA

Okay lets look at that - AMFA took over SWA in what? 2003? What was the TWU MX membership at AA in 2003? What was the IAM MX membership at USAirways?

Who has lost more mechanics over the last apprx 20 years? SWA or AA/USAIRways?

Poor representation indeed -

AMFA (SSMP) continue to make the argument (excuse) that they took over a crappy contract from the IBT. Now I’m not sure what year this came out but it pops up when you do some creative Google searches and again if any readers ever come here notice again that particular name Lee Seeham. Seeham, Seeham, Meltz and Peterson.

Again TWU/IAM currently has around 17,000 Aircraft Mechanics and Related just at AA alone. AMFA (SSMP) represent less than 4000 at every Airline they represent COMBINED.

Last edited:
So AMFA (SSMP) are coming up on their 20th Anniversary representing the “In House” Mechanics at SWA. What do they have to show for their 20 years besides getting pay raises for their members? Pay raises BTW that SSMP can sponge off of.

Can someone please confirm how many Stations AMFA (SSMP) Members work in?

9C22F4E8-C5C3-4D2A-A5C5-0B640AFE05C3.jpeg

AMFA (SSMP) continue to make the argument (excuse) that they took over a crappy contract from the IBT. Now I’m not sure what year this came out but it pops up when you do some creative Google searches and again if any readers ever come here notice again that particular name Lee Seeham. Seeham, Seeham, Meltz and Peterson.

Again TWU/IBT currently has around 17,000 Aircraft Mechanics and Related just at AA alone. AMFA (SSMP) represent less than 4000 at every Airline they represent COMBINED.

Your deflection is duly noted

So AMFA (SSMP) are coming up on their 20th Anniversary representing the “In House” Mechanics at SWA. What do they have to show for their 20 years besides getting pay raises for their members? Pay raises BTW that SSMP can sponge off of.

Can someone please confirm how many Stations AMFA (SSMP) Members work in?

View attachment 16719

SWA has 2700 mechanics & related

heres the NMB certification for SWA MX

https://nmb.gov/NMB_Application/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/30n027.pdf

Looks like SWA membership has increased at SWA under AMFA

SWA has 2700 mechanics & related

heres the NMB certification for SWA MX

https://nmb.gov/NMB_Application/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/30n027.pdf

Looks like SWA membership has increased at SWA under AMFA

One would like to assume that AMFA would at least grow by percentage of the overall population in the Stations they exist in including any growth by the Airline itself in those cities.

And Southwest Airlines did grow tremendously over the last 20 years.

Thank you for posting that NMB filing though. Now can you tell me if AMFA (SSMP) were ever successful at opening new cities against the ones they acquired from the IBT?

And BTW SWA only started I think in 1978 so they didn’t have much in the way of what it could offer AMT’s as far as growth back then. But still if the Agents for both Ramp and PSA are in over 60 cities that SWA services than I’d have to consider it extreme negligence that AMFA (SSMP) couldn’t grow to at least half that in the last 20 years.

You can’t tell me that you don’t agree?

Thank you for posting that NMB filing though. Now can you tell me if AMFA (SSMP) were ever successful at opening new cities against the ones they acquired from the IBT?

And BTW SWA only started I think in 1978 so they didn’t have much in the way of what it could offer AMT’s as far as growth back then. But still if the Agents for both Ramp and PSA are in over 60 cities that SWA services than I’d have to consider it extreme negligence that AMFA (SSMP) couldn’t grow to at least half that in the last 20 years.

You can’t tell me that you don’t agree?

I never said they did open stations that didn't previously exist ... you were the one that tried to make that a mark of poor representation when in point of fact the TWU hasn't done anything of the kind either.

Again, trying to compare ramp to MX stations isn't gonna make your weak argument any better

Deflection is exactly what you did ... no amount of teamster card campaign material is going to change that ... from UAL no less ... you really think you're gonna get any mileage out of the ibt at SWA?

Good luck with that

The TWU is the one going after SWA, not the IBT. Again though you’re not refuting the information in the article. Not to mention BTW that the IBT haven’t been at SWA in almost 20 years.

There’s a lot of new blood 🩸 at that Airline that could give a rats ass about what us old farts have to say. Most of them think we’re miserable unhappy old crows anyway. (They’re mostly right)

I never said they did open stations that didn't previously exist ... you were the one that tried to make that a mark of poor representation when in point of fact the TWU hasn't done anything of the kind either.

Again, trying to compare ramp to MX stations isn't gonna make your weak argument any better

Actually we were down to 17 Stations because of the Bankruptcy. Let me reiterate that, Bankruptcy. We had 13 Stations ripped away by the Court. SWA has never been in Bankruptcy so what’s AMFA (SSMP) excuse? BTW to fill in the story if the US merger had been hostile Doug Parker made an agreement not to close those 13 cities. So without a Bankruptcy that would have left us with 30 cities total.

The IAM Contract brought most of those cities back to us however so now currently you know the numbers of TWU/IAM AMT Cities and if you’re interested we have 45 Cities in Fleet.

That was what got me to FLL where I work today. I notice SWA has a decent presence here. TWU represents Ramp Workers and FA’s here. We chat on the bus all the time.

Is AMFA here?