Grass Roots drive for TWU to replace AMFA begins.

E3BB02DE-C051-4931-8C1B-EABDEACE530A.jpeg

You can continue to go it alone and get nowhere or you can join a team and score Home Runs. The choice is yours.

I'm listening to TWU Air Division | August 2022 Air Division Update on Podbean, check it out!

Was wondering why it has been so quiet lately, so I went to the TWU sight to see any updates on the bogus organizing campaign supposedly going on at SWA to represent the mechanics. Ran across this interview/podcast or whatever you want to call it where Gary Peterson was directly asked about any current and ongoing organizing campaigns. NEVER, NOT once did GP say anything, not one iota about any kind of organizing campaign at SWA for their mechanics.
The clowns trying to say there is one is only doing so to sidetrack all the members at AA where there is a current grass roots organizing campaign taking place to get AMFA on the property to represent the Mechanics and Related.
More and more proof that the mechanics at AA are just constantly getting lied to by these yahoos just to try and derail or intervein and/or disrupt the current AMFA drive at AA for the Mechanics.

Here's the interview to hear for yourselves:

Was wondering why it has been so quiet lately, so I went to the TWU sight to see any updates on the bogus organizing campaign supposedly going on at SWA to represent the mechanics. Ran across this interview/podcast or whatever you want to call it where Gary Peterson was directly asked about any current and ongoing organizing campaigns. NEVER, NOT once did GP say anything, not one iota about any kind of organizing campaign at SWA for their mechanics.
The clowns trying to say there is one is only doing so to sidetrack all the members at AA where there is a current grass roots organizing campaign taking place to get AMFA on the property to represent the Mechanics and Related.
More and more proof that the mechanics at AA are just constantly getting lied to by these yahoos just to try and derail or intervein and/or disrupt the current AMFA drive at AA for the Mechanics.

Here's the interview to hear for yourselves:

Sorry buddy but you can fish all you want for info. Like a Church Mouse you ain’t gonna get a peep out of me. Except to tell you that the Air Division doesn’t handle organizing so why should they talk about it? Duh. Otherwise for the rest.

9949F3E6-A436-496A-8977-C7C37964D4C5.jpeg

Offshoring Affects All TWU Members​

September 27, 2022​

TWU-Header-2.png

The Transport Workers Union of America, AFL-CIO has been fiercely fighting to end offshoring aircraft repair and overhaul.
Offshoring affects all TWU members. Returning these solid, union jobs back to the U.S. will positively impact working communities across America and elevate the level of safety in skies for our families.
Click here to support the Global Aircraft Maintenance Standards Act, (H.R. 7321, formerly known as the Safe Aircraft Maintenance Standards Act), which will close the loopholes that incentivize all airlines to move airline maintenance out of the country and onto less safe standards. When this bill becomes law, it will return tens of thousands of good, union jobs to the U.S.
The bipartisan bill scheduled to be voted on by members of Congress on Wednesday, September 28. If passed, it will go onto the Senate. Click here to ask your local Senator for support.
The TWU is the only airline mechanics’ union who has successfully rolled back outsourcing AND returned jobs to America. Our 2020 American Airlines contract includes provisions that bring back aircraft maintenance jobs that were outsourced overseas back to U.S. soil.
This bill will be a huge victory for the TWU, for the labor movement, and for all air travelers. It will make our skies safer for the flying public and ensure that airline mechanics have a level playing field against foreign competition.
We are closer than ever to making it a reality! Please click here to support the H.R. 7321.
In Solidarity,
The TWU Government Affairs Department

Here’s what a “real” Union gets you.

AMERICAN AIRLINES MAINTENANCE FACILITY TOUR AT TULSA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT!

“Welcome back guys, today we have the American Airlines Maintenance Facility Tour at Tulsa International Airport from August 19, 2022! American Airlines Global Headquarters Maintenance Facility is hosted at Tulsa International Airport on 330 acres on the northeast side of KTUL. The maintenance facility for the entire American Airlines fleet which includes the families of the Boeing 737, Airbus A320, Boeing 777, and Boeing 787. The facility is home to 5,500 employees, overhauls 900 aircraft annually, is one of Oklahoma's largest private employers, and so much more. When American Airlines relocated its global headquarters to Tulsa post World War II in 1945, the operation brought the region so much economical drive. This video encompasses what the operation is all about as we check out 2 engine overhaul facilities and 3 hangars! During Aviation Day 2022, Tulsa International Airport hosted an aviation day event at the airport, and I was fortunate enough to be invited to the event! This was an UNBELIEVABLE experience, and I can't thank American Airlines and Tulsa International Airport enough for making this possible! I hope you guys enjoy!”

As we all know, there is no card drive efforts at SWA by their Mechanics to get the twu to represent them, not even close, as admitted by Gary Peterson himself in the pod cast in the above post from me.
I will leave you with the info below to show one of the main reasons why the twu/iam/asso/teamsters or any industrialized union will never make it at SWA to represent the Mechanics. And this is just ONE:

Some may think that this is no big deal since this LOA is only dealing with uniforms, however, let's look at the overall "BIG" picture of the power that comes from the membership with LOA's. LOA's in an AMFA membership is Letter of Agreements that are "VOTED" on by the entire membership to be added to the contract book. With AMFA "ANY" change in words, language, intent and of course pay and or work rules, or ANY change what-so-ever in the contract (and yes, even punctuation) has to be Accepted, approved and even voted on by the entire membership by a vote. UNLIKE the industrial unions who can and have taken LOA's and simply agreed with the co and added it to the contracts without a membership vote (TWU/IAM and the teamsters are all known for doing this in the past)
Just think, something as simple as a uniform change in language and or rules takes a full membership approval and vote to be cleared to enter the contract book. As does anything and everything else in your contact book, where other industrial unions have too much power to do as they wish with your contracts.
One reason why AMFA is growing at so many airlines right now...

AMFA-QX Uniform LOA Referendum Results
September 27, 2022 -- The votes for the AMFA – Horizon Air (QX) Uniform Letter of Agreement (LOA) Referendum were tallied on September 27, 2022. Votes for this referendum were counted and certified by ElectionBuddy, and the results are as follows:
Read More

As we all know, there is no card drive efforts at SWA by their Mechanics to get the twu to represent them, not even close, as admitted by Gary Peterson himself in the pod cast in the above post from me.
I will leave you with the info below to show one of the main reasons why the twu/iam/asso/teamsters or any industrialized union will never make it at SWA to represent the Mechanics. And this is just ONE:

Some may think that this is no big deal since this LOA is only dealing with uniforms, however, let's look at the overall "BIG" picture of the power that comes from the membership with LOA's. LOA's in an AMFA membership is Letter of Agreements that are "VOTED" on by the entire membership to be added to the contract book. With AMFA "ANY" change in words, language, intent and of course pay and or work rules, or ANY change what-so-ever in the contract (and yes, even punctuation) has to be Accepted, approved and even voted on by the entire membership by a vote. UNLIKE the industrial unions who can and have taken LOA's and simply agreed with the co and added it to the contracts without a membership vote (TWU/IAM and the teamsters are all known for doing this in the past)
Just think, something as simple as a uniform change in language and or rules takes a full membership approval and vote to be cleared to enter the contract book. As does anything and everything else in your contact book, where other industrial unions have too much power to do as they wish with your contracts.

September 27, 2022 -- The votes for the AMFA – Horizon Air (QX) Uniform Letter of Agreement (LOA) Referendum were tallied on September 27, 2022. Votes for this referendum were counted and certified by ElectionBuddy, and the results are as follows:
Read More

swamp if you have me on “ignore” you wouldn’t even know this threat exists much less respond to it. But you do make me laugh with it that’s for sure, 😂

And BTW great job once again here by the Transport Workers Union of America.

79CEC6F8-F0D7-49AB-A683-862B2AB3CD9C.jpeg

The TWU – the largest union representing airline workers – has been fighting to end offshoring aircraft repair and overhaul.

Today, the TWU is proud and encouraged that the House voted to pass the bipartisan Global Aircraft Maintenance Standards Act, (H.R. 7321, formerly known as the Safe Aircraft Maintenance Standards Act) which will close the loopholes that incentivize airlines to move airline maintenance out of the country and onto less safe standards. When this bill becomes law, it will return tens of thousands of good, union jobs to the U.S.

Influence Watch:

Look at all the years AMFA has contributed nothing $0 to any Politician. How can they expect to influence anyone to do anything for them if they’ve never even greased a single palm.

Read More
Can they get me an LOA for my socks if we decertify at AA?

• Haha
Reactions: WeAAsles