GSO hub

I used to live in Greensboro and when I left they were building a hub for Fedex that I believe was going to open sometime around 2010. Will they have any international flights? I'm just curious I know the hub is supposed to be a midatlantic feeder hub but I did not know what kind or routes Fedex would eventually add.

I used to live in Greensboro and when I left they were building a hub for Fedex that I believe was going to open sometime around 2010. Will they have any international flights? I'm just curious I know the hub is supposed to be a midatlantic feeder hub but I did not know what kind or routes Fedex would eventually add.

Word is around 40-50 flights, CDG has been mentioned as well as a few other European cities. Here is a website that has some updates although somewhat dated. I have just moved back to GSO myself and was surprised at how much work has been done, I believe there pushing for mid 2009 opening.

thanks for the answer. I like that area. My mother and brother still live there and I am suprised how much the city has grown, like the half of the beltway they've built. It's a good thing they built the new runway now instead of 10-15 years from now as the airport would have been boxed in by then.

I recently attended an aviation camp at the gso airport and stage one of the building is complete and is being used for their operations now and will really be in use when the hub opens up. The new runway is also coming along nicely as we got to drive down it in a bus.

Latest posts

Back