Has 757 Europe Operation Rumor gone Flat

Dec 4, 2005
I heard a lot of talk last year regarding HP 757's going to Irelang in the winter, Has this gone flat..
DUB/SNN showing seasonal again so i guess not year round this time?

Happy new year

I heard a lot of talk last year regarding HP 757's going to Irelang in the winter, Has this gone flat..
DUB/SNN showing seasonal again so i guess not year round this time?

Happy new year

We can't even get our 757 up to speed to cover the additional Hawaii service they want to start. unless they bring the 767's over to cover them you won't see the 757's

Just from reading comments on the weight limits for the HI flights, we may not get any European 757 service till someone decides to pay Boeing for the higher GTOW paperwork (plus getting all the ETOPS mods done, as 320tech said).

Jim

Wow, alot of trouble with the 757 Etops, pity there are not another few 767's in the fleet.. Well maybe they will use the 767 as a wrap flt to DUB/SNN in the Winter.
Also with the introduction of open skies, will U.S pull out of SNN or offer it as a seasonal/year-round station?

LCC is right now in negotiations with the leasing company on Three former ATA high gross weight ETOPS 757's that are sitting in Germany right now.

Engineering has already evaluated the aircraft and they are in mint condition. If LCC can get the lease rate they want then you will see some new 757 service to Europe. (like Lisbon and Dublin)

However the company wants below market lease rates so the negotiations are going to be tough.

So if all the 757s go to INTL flying, how are my PHL-LAS flights going to go? If they go A321s, over to SW I will go. just my opinion.......

What am I missing here? The A321 is a much more comfortable to ride in than the B-737 in my opinion. Seats are wider and pitch is better. Hard to beat the 757, but I wouldn't opt for a single class 737 over the Airbus. Guess I'm a little biased.

A320 Driver B)

So if all the 757s go to INTL flying, how are my PHL-LAS flights going to go? If they go A321s, over to SW I will go. just my opinion.......

The only seats on an A321 that are worse than a 757 are in the cockpit. From a pilot's point of view, the A321 is a performance dog (especially when compared to the performance of a 757 rocket ship.)

But once in the cabin, the A320-series (including the 321) is far superior in comfort, room, and environment to any single-aisle Boeing product in domestic service. Period.

It's highly doubtful that any passenger could tell that the A321 can only get to 32,000 ft going to LAS compared to 40,000 ft for the 757. It's even more doubtful that any passenger would even care.

Latest posts