Has 757 Europe Operation Rumor gone Flat

The word is now that I was told by a 757 instructor in CLT that he saw the paperwork that we are adding 3 more 757's to the fleet in late spring. All are ETOPS. If true, I'm hoping that the are the ATA 757's. I would doubt that they are for Hawaii. Maybe one more city in Europe and full tine to Ireland. If this does happen, I'm sure there will be a cat fight between the two pilot groups on who is going to doing the flying.

I didn't know those "Classic" 737s even HAD transcontinental range! :shock: A 733 going across the country must have just plain SUCKED!
It did. My last transcon on one, I was last row in the back, middle seat. I had to book at the last minute and it was the only seat left. I swore, never, ever again. I would take Greyhound first.

The word is now that I was told by a 757 instructor in CLT that he saw the paperwork that we are adding 3 more 757's to the fleet in late spring. All are ETOPS. If true, I'm hoping that the are the ATA 757's. I would doubt that they are for Hawaii. Maybe one more city in Europe and full tine to Ireland. If this does happen, I'm sure there will be a cat fight between the two pilot groups on who is going to doing the flying.

I've been hearing these "the word is" rumors now for 25+ years at this airline. Usually, from some inside reliable source in the training or marketing or maintenance or whatever department.

Experience has shown that the reliability of these "the word is" rumors is inversely proportional to just how much good news is contained in the rumor.

The "good news" never seems to leak out ahead of time like this.

So, my method for giving credibility to this stuff amounts to believing it when I see it. When I SEE 3 additional ETOPS 757s painted in USAirways livery boarding passengers, then MAYBE the 757 instructor in CLT has credibility.

Well if this is true then I would hope they go to East for no other reason than to get some of these people back to work from furlough.

US is going to buy a KC-135 so they can take an RJ from the East Coast to Europe and have Mesa do the European flights and refuel in-flight.

I believe the TA gives West 2 European destinations and East gets 1 Hawaii. What a deal!

I guess they aren't adding any new seasonal service this summer, other than
Dublin
Shannon
Venice
Barcelona

Does LH have any available planes to do MUC-PHL? That would free up a 767.

It did. My last transcon on one, I was last row in the back, middle seat. I had to book at the last minute and it was the only seat left. I swore, never, ever again. I would take Greyhound first.

As a passenger I prefer the boeing ride vs. the airbus ride - a boeing just "feels" more solid to me. However, middle seat in the last row of a 737 is the worst seat in the entire sky. No seat is worse.

I had the unfortunate experience of the last row on a 737-300LR from TPA-LAX, worst flight I have ever had, the lavs were ripe half-way to LAX.