757 Year Round Phl-snn-dub-phl

Continental, Delta And AA operate in the winter, so not sure about the economics comment.
Continental had a 90 % load factor for last winter out of SNN. wrapping the flight thru DUB in the
winter will mean alot of full flights for the winter... equals money!! $$$$$
Full flights don't equal profitabilty unfortunatly. I disagree with your 90% LF check dot data you are off a few points. US flights do not make money in shoulder season and would do even worse in winter.

Full flights don't equal profitabilty unfortunatly. I disagree with your 90% LF check dot data you are off a few points. US flights do not make money in shoulder season and would do even worse in winter.

You can make it profitable or break even in the winter, due to volumes of people
visiting the states at that time of year...It would be no worse than any other winter
operation.. CO stats given by CO employee, might be slightly exaggerated.. You got to
make it work.. Europe is where it is at..

You can make it profitable or break even in the winter, due to volumes of people
visiting the states at that time of year...It would be no worse than any other winter
operation.. CO stats given by CO employee, might be slightly exaggerated.. You got to
make it work.. Europe is where it is at..

Well the last SNN DUB VCE and BCN flights are winging it to PHL.
Now we just leave the revenue to DL, CO, AA... makes sense????

Well they better get established as the likes of DL and CO are adding flights
year round into Ireland.. Why ignore obvious Revenue?.

The Crystal City gang has been ignoring revenue for decades. They will sprint past a $20 bill to pick a nickel out of the gutter. I pray that Parker can see these opportunities and has the guts to compete. I fear, though, that he is in a years-long "retrenchment" mode and that when it's finally time to expand, there will be no markets left with room for expansion.

Who knows where they will fly the 757's but one thing is for sure, they need to get them off of some of the routes they use them on. Why would they waste a 757 on BWI-PHL or BDL or PVD. Use the planes for what they are really intended for. Yet they run a packed and cramped 737 to florida. The 757 could be used in soooo many other markets. If they don't use it to Europe, hopefully they will do something else with it. Now that we have smarter people at the wheel we may see some change.

Who knows where they will fly the 757's but one thing is for sure, they need to get them off of some of the routes they use them on. Why would they waste a 757 on BWI-PHL or BDL or PVD. Use the planes for what they are really intended for. Yet they run a packed and cramped 737 to florida. The 757 could be used in soooo many other markets. If they don't use it to Europe, hopefully they will do something else with it. Now that we have smarter people at the wheel we may see some change.

I fly the 757 frequently. what they really need to do is refurbish the interiors. Fix the bathroom door that sticks--one of these days I swear I won't be able to get it open. Fix the cabinet door that flies open and rattles constantly in the bathroom. Fix the drain so that it doesn't overflow onto the floor. But, keep Captain Mike (I think that is his name) who walks down the aisle as he goes to the cockpit saying....we're almost there (before we even leave).

Most of the 75's on the USeast side are absolutely horrible. Now, this is my favorite a/c to work and feel the most comfortable. Slowly our a/c are looking a LITTLE bit better but they have a Loooooong way to go. The 757's have so much life in them. Use them to their ability already. They could really overhaul that a/c up and change the layout even. With how much use they can still get out of them it would be worth it in the long run. Since HP is using the 757's to Hawaii, are they changing the layout of their a/c at all or is it the same f/c as the others? Our f/c on the 757 at US-east is an absolute JOKE.

Well if they do use the 757 to Europe , it will be America west 757's which passed etops certification recently..
Not yet. I believe the proving runs start soon. I only saw the ditching was finally signed-off after somewhere between three and ten attempts depending on who is telling the truth.

Im Afraid the A321, A320 do not have the range to be etops certified, although
i agree the 757 is a sardine tin...

The HP fleet of 757 are old and in need of an interior overhaul. too much competition that has upgraded seat back entertainment systems I hope they work on the interior when they paint the planes

The HP fleet of 757 are old and in need of an interior overhaul. too much competition that has upgraded seat back entertainment systems I hope they work on the interior when they paint the planes

Fixing and upgrading the interior on the HP 757 would be wonderful. They have really hesitated spending money on new seats etc,. Hp Management, to their credit, as frustrating as it is, will only invest money if they will see a return on that investment in one year. With a/c interiors and entertainment systems, both of those items don't generate revenue. This why the never put phones back in the a/c, the cost of doing it, did not pay for itself in the long run. The entertainment sytsems change continually and the there really isn't any return on that investment, however they have hinted that they are looking at things (at various town halls) Unless it's brand new a/c being delivered with updated seats, entertainment already in place. But to be honest, they at need to fix 8ABC and 7DEF for those long flights to Hawaii. Any HP FA will tell you that any passenger that sits on those seats needs chiropractic help afterwards. They are by and far...a joke. I would hope that once they decide on a common configuration with the two 757 fleets, they will make those changes, but it can't come soon enough.

The Crystal City gang has been ignoring revenue for decades. They will sprint past a $20 bill to pick a nickel out of the gutter. I pray that Parker can see these opportunities and has the guts to compete. I fear, though, that he is in a years-long "retrenchment" mode and that when it's finally time to expand, there will be no markets left with room for expansion.
To set the record straight.........The CCGang would have stolen money right out of the collection basket in church but then again when Siegel was at the helm ALL the action and dancing was at the synagogue :p

CO adding an extra flight next year EWR-DUB-SNN-EWR , along with
the stand alone dub-ewr, snn-ewr... So there is demand and revenue

As per Doug's words from todays webcast, there will be no additional cities or frequencies for the forseeable future. I think what we have is what were gonna see. He said that he does in fact see there being over capacity on int'l routes in the future as most of the legacies switch their flying to int'l and nix domestic routes. Time will only tell.