Hawaii Service

RowUnderDCA said:
Couldnt these speculations work with HP crews flying their etops 757s to Europe in the off season?
[post="280272"][/post]​

Of course, but that wouldn't help the workers from UA and AA trying to stir up trouble and scare the HP workers into thinking that US is the big, bad wolf out to steal all their flying and bump them out of their bases. :p

RowUnderDCA said:
Couldnt these speculations work with HP crews flying their etops 757s to Europe in the off season?
[post="280272"][/post]​

The ETOPS 757 being used to Europe would open up several possible markets that can't support an A330 or 767. (Just like CO does): Ireland in off season as mentioned above, year round in smaller markets CPH, WAW (Star alliance hubs) or places like LIS or BHX. They could also speed the retirement of the 767 until the A330-200's come along.

(Sidebar: with AC deciding on 777 and 787 for its long haul fleet, might it lease sell some A330's to HPUS?)

Guess you have not heard, AC cancelled thier order last month as their pilots voted down the agreement for pay and seniority on the 777 and 787.

Bear96 said:
This is too funny.

HP announces the start of HNL serivce, from PHX, the main HP hub, with or without U, on ETOPS-certified HP 757s, and we get contortions of how U crews are gonna be flying it.

At least pretend not to be so greedy. At least on the HP board. Have a little class!

Sounds like some of the same things we heard from U employees when the UA acquistion of U was in the air.

Good luck, HP employees -- you're gonna need it. I think you just bought yourselves a whole heap of trouble.

(I know ... I know ... let the screechings of "pot-stirrer" begin. Riiiight. Hey, HP folk, just sit back, close your eyes, and relax. Nothing bad will happen to you. You'll get FENCES, remember? Hmmm, I woulda thought a PHX-HNL trip would have been one of those "fenced" for HP crews, wouldn't you?)
[post="280235"][/post]​

Bear

Please don't be so ignorant as to paint ALL 30,000 US employees to the three or four that you either dislike or who make fools out of themselves acting like US will rule the world.

I am happy that AWA and the new US Airways will be going to Hawaii. I frankly could give a crap if I ever fly there, whether it be on AWA planes or US.

And yes, you ARE a pot stirrer!!

BTW, has UAL gotten their added 300 million in funding? Are they still coming out of Chapter 11 this year?

Sounds like alot of problems to discuss over on the UAL boards without spreading the typical doom, gloom, and lies over here.

And finally, if Doug Parker wants to fly the AWA 757's to Europe, who the hell cares? It's a plane. It's a destination. They are customers. AND Parker is CEO and can do what he wants as long as I have a job.

I can't wait for this merger and hope the first decision on the list is to discontinue the one-sided code share with United. You know, the one where US list the UA codeshare flight on the boards in out cities served but not done the same for our codeshare flights from United? Oh, I know, we need you guys more....NOT!!

ringmaruf said:
I don't see why even that would be necessary. Couldn't one US crew just do PHL-PHX-HNL-PHX-PHL, just making it a 4-day (or whatever) trip based at PHL? I understand that there will be fences up preventing actually transferring into another base, but pilots fly trips that go through other bases all the time.

(And I don't want to make it sound like I'm suggesting that US pilots hog the flying; a PHX based HP A320 crew could likewise fly a PHX-CLT-PVD-CLT-PHX trip or whatever. While I'm purely speculating as to sending the 762s to Hawaii, I DO see the second type of example I gave happening.)
[post="280232"][/post]​

Oh no...Of course, not. US employees are not trying to take anything from the HP side. You are all pure as the driven snow. :rolleyes:

I think it is very fair of you to "give" HP employees that wonderful trip to PVD while you take the sunny sands of Waikiki. Very even trade. Thanks for your generosity. :rolleyes:

StraaightTaalk said:
Oh no...Of course, not. US employees are not trying to take anything from the HP side. You are all pure as the driven snow. :rolleyes:

I think it is very fair of you to "give" HP employees that wonderful trip to PVD while you take the sunny sands of Waikiki. Very even trade. Thanks for your generosity. :rolleyes:
[post="283827"][/post]​

Again, I don't work for us. But don't let that get in the way of your AAgenda. :rolleyes:

firstamendment said:
BTW, has UAL gotten their added 300 million in funding? Are they still coming out of Chapter 11 this year?

I don't know. Why don't you ask a UA employee?

I can't wait for this merger and hope the first decision on the list is to discontinue the one-sided code share with United. You know, the one where US list the UA codeshare flight on the boards in out cities served but not done the same for our codeshare flights from United? Oh, I know, we need you guys more....NOT!!
[post="283820"][/post]​
Sorry, I don't need you, or U, or UA at all anymore. So trying to insult UA doesn't bother me in the least. But if it makes you feel important and helps you deal with your employment issues, have at it.

Before they start flying anything to Hawaii maybe they should pass the EOW tests with the AFA. The f/a's failed their test to prove they can handle en emergency over water. They have to do it again in August.