Us 767 To Phx-hnl In December?

xoxo said:
Just wondering...Isnt AWA going to be no more come October when it will be all the new Usairways. I was told they will comepletely lose their name imediatly after everything is signed and dotted. The name America West will be noomore on paper nor on the a/c's once they are all repainted. True? Anyone? So, technically it will be U flying to Hnl...but, with the phx based new U crew. Right?
[post="281359"][/post]​

Well, not quite. They'll be operating as US Airways, with US titles and (eventually) US colors, but for a few years they'll still be on the HP certificate. So there will presumably be a little decal by the airplane door saying "Operated by America West Airlines", and res agents might even need to advise pax of the same, similar to how the US Airways Express flying is handled now.

:up: The aircraft I work on now are relativly comfortable !!!
citx_cabin_pop_image.jpg

Row brings up a valid point. Why not send a B757 ( HP-ETOPS ) to Europe in the slow season and shift a Wide Body to the Hawaii Service to handle the extra traffic? Having a few Etops 757's, opens a few more scheduling options such as running the 757's to Europe on say Tuesdays and Wednesdays with wide body service the other days.

Hope777 said:
Row brings up a valid point. Why not send a B757 ( HP-ETOPS ) to Europe in the slow season and shift a Wide Body to the Hawaii Service to handle the extra traffic? Having a few Etops 757's, opens a few more scheduling options such as running the 757's to Europe on say Tuesdays and Wednesdays with wide body service the other days.
[post="281536"][/post]​
i was thinking the same thing.

well, actually my real point was that there was just as much factual evidence that the new U would but HP planes and crews on Europe service, including the improbably DCA-BDA-BRU route, as there was evidence that the new U would put U planes and crews on HI service. Either could happen, but there's no evidence that either will.

Hope777 said:
Having a few Etops 757's, opens a few more scheduling options such as running the 757's to Europe on say Tuesdays and Wednesdays with wide body service the other days.
[post="281536"][/post]​

And how to you propose scheduling the crews operating that? Short layover with the aircraft sitting on the ground in Europe for 12 hours, or are you going to deadhead crews (in both directions) at least once a week?

Having a few ETOPS aircraft is one thing, but mixing types in a market is another altogether.

Well as far as the F/A's there are no problems with scheduling. The front End crews would be a minor problem. However, with the B767/B757 having a same type rating, a few extra hours of training could correct that problem.

RowUnderDCA said:
well, actually my real point was that there was just as much factual evidence that the new U would but HP planes and crews on Europe service, including the improbably DCA-BDA-BRU route, as there was evidence that the new U would put U planes and crews on HI service. Either could happen, but there's no evidence that either will.
[post="281572"][/post]​
There will be a fence up..so no f/a that worked for HP will be able to pick up a flight that is a phl based trip. HP crews are not qualified on 767 or 330 so they will not be able to fly that a/c. If they should choose to fly the 767 to HNL and there are no crews that are qualified from HP, then U crews will fly them. So, its all about getting trained on the 767 or 330.