Here you go Westies

Doesn't matter now - USAir is going in a positive direction - that is all that matters - and EASTIES just remember that when a westie says oohhh we bought you ( just say i am so glad that you did; and that is why I got my DOH seniority b/c of merger protection in C&B) LOSERS!!! Unreal - can you give me an M- give me an E- give me an R- give me a G- give me an E- give me an R- whats that spell MERGER!!!! yahhhhh wooohooooo go MERGER!!! and for some of the westies that still can't see because of the blinding sun M-E-R-G-E-R spells MERGER!!!! just be happy everyone and be glad you have a job and btw remeber what goes around comes around to all of you westies being nasty to the useast furloughees!!!

But not the only choice US had
So true, the bankruptcy made US such a good partner for almost any other airline. The crap surviving employees put up with just amazes me. The investor in me is happy with what took place, but after reading up on this forum the nightmare (that for some still continues) it puts a different spin on how I look at the merger. In the end HP was the best choice (obviously given the current situation) and lucky for all involved that happened.

Learn some Merger History:

Merger Story

In January, with fuel prices at a record high and doubts aired about US Airways' survival after its Christmas baggage meltdown in Philadelphia, Lakefield picked up the phone and called Parker, suggesting that "maybe we should begin those talks again," according to Parker.

But America West did not have enough cash to lift US Airways out of bankruptcy. It was up to Luth, the US Airways adviser, to find enough investment money to piece the deal together and give the combined company a fighting chance to thrive in the battered airline industry.

This has been hashed over and over, HP did not buy US.

And go look America West Holdings is a subsidary of US Airways Group.

Outside investors funded the merger, HP did not have any money to buy an airline.

Keep trying.
READ YOUR IAM SIGHT http://www.iam141.org/usairway.htm
IT IS RIGHT THERE http://news.google.com/news?ie=utf8&oe=utf...S+Airways&hl=en

WHY DON'T YOU READ WHAT THE IAM IS POSTING OR IS THIS MORE LIES FROM THE Pinocchio UNION

ps the "P" :up: word was not directed at you so don't go crying to the monitor

My site is 142, not 141 and explain how US Airways not America West hired Seabury and Luth raise the money for the merger to happen if HP bought US?

Why still the US name and why did the NMB rule in favor of the US Unions in Single Carrier Status?

No go back and call Andy so he can tell you what to post.

This thread has turned into a pissing match and no longer serves any good. MODERATORS....I BEG of you!! PLEASE LOCK THIS TURD!!

Doesn't matter now - USAir is going in a positive direction - that is all that matters - and EASTIES just remember that when a westie says oohhh we bought you ( just say i am so glad that you did; and that is why I got my DOH seniority b/c of merger protection in C&B) LOSERS!!! Unreal - can you give me an M- give me an E- give me an R- give me a G- give me an E- give me an R- whats that spell MERGER!!!! yahhhhh wooohooooo go MERGER!!! and for some of the westies that still can't see because of the blinding sun M-E-R-G-E-R spells MERGER!!!! just be happy everyone and be glad you have a job and btw remeber what goes around comes around to all of you westies being nasty to the useast furloughees!!!
As a west employee I resent calling ANY employee a LOSER but now the rest of you know what the west side has to put up with. Can't spell merger? I hope we can or this company doesnt have any hope for survival and you can go merger yourself elsewhere. Dismissing this post is the least I can do because obviously this poster has no class. Moving on... Why do so many people care about who bought who(or whom if the spelling police are out?) I think maybe everyone is looking for the boarding policy to go in their favor and if they think their side was the "buyer" they would have a better chance of things going their way. The upshot to all of these posters is that you can see the pride in and loyalty to their previous company. I know for some it will be a time heals all wounds but if we could put all that same pride and loyalty into this new airline I see nothing but success for the future.

As a west employee I resent calling ANY employee a LOSER but now the rest of you know what the west side has to put up with. Can't spell merger? I hope we can or this company doesnt have any hope for survival and you can go merger yourself elsewhere. Dismissing this post is the least I can do because obviously this poster has no class. Moving on... Why do so many people care about who bought who(or whom if the spelling police are out?) I think maybe everyone is looking for the boarding policy to go in their favor and if they think their side was the "buyer" they would have a better chance of things going their way. The upshot to all of these posters is that you can see the pride in and loyalty to their previous company. I know for some it will be a time heals all wounds but if we could put all that same pride and loyalty into this new airline I see nothing but success for the future.

this is very true Phx....
what most may not realize is that on september 27,2005, the old Usairways inc. died and was replaced with a new holding company, Us Airways Group Inc. which to wit absorbed all of the under comapnies such as HP US PI et. al.. the BOD's were replaced as were officers. Both east and west are equal in this new company with regards to one not being more or less than the other. as both certificates are consolidated one company will be dissolved. This should end who or whom had what, that is all before and does not matter now. the sooner we can get through the merger pains the better for all.
We should all keep in mind that when the initial announcement came out on may 19, 2005, they had already been working on this for over 2 years, that is before the last east BK. Was the BK an ochestratrated instrument to get the east down to the same as HP to make the merger work, or were the finances duely in need of the BK, I bet Lakefield will never answer that!!!

Airlines' merger hits one-year mark
5/21/2006 7:12 PM
By: Brad Broders, News 14 Carolina

WATCH THE VIDEO

Merger at One Year

US Airways marks one year since the merger that may have saved its life and the life of American West.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – One year ago two struggling air carriers, US Airways and America West, announced they would join as one and attempt to end their respective financial turbulence.

“Without the merger, it seems like you would have had two airlines that might have made it, but probably would have shown some operating losses for several more years,†said Dr. Peter Schwarz, an airline expert.

The skies are now friendlier for US Airways, the dominant East Cost carrier. The company boasted first quarter profits, and US Airways’ CEO said he expects the profits to continue for the rest of 2006.

Some passengers said US Airways' services have improved.
While some US Airways employees argue the merger hasn’t dramatically changed their work environment, other employees and passengers say otherwise.

“From a personal standpoint, from what I’ve experienced, (the officials are) very, very positive,†said employee Connie Holbrook. “They’re very approachable and I think it’s instilling morale into the US Airways East employees.â€

Passenger Michael Namour said things are getting better.

“I’ve seen a lot of improvements on the services in the last two years. I’ve really never had any problems with US Airways,†he said.

American West planes will soon be repainted.
Soon everything from American West’s Web site to its plane colors will be fused into US Airways’ name. Schwarz said he’s hopeful the merger will eventually make flight prices more competitive in Charlotte.

“I though our fares would fall somewhere in the middle of where they were and Southwest, but in fact they haven’t. They’ve actually been higher than they were,†he said.

There are still hurdles ahead for the merger; US Airways and America West must still bring together labor contracts and operating systems. Talks with pilots are currently underway.

Last week American West officials said the carrier would have declared bankruptcy in 2005 had it not been for the merger. The final merger details should be finalized within the next year.

American West?

For God's sake, after 23 years people still don't get it?

I remember interviewing FA's that would gush about wanting to fly with American West or American Air West. Needless to say, they never got their wish.

US Airways Stockholder Sells 3.1M Shares
Thursday June 1, 9:33 am ET
US Airways Group Stockholder Plans to Sell About 3.1 Million Common Shares

NEW YORK (AP) -- US Airways Group Inc. on Thursday said a large stockholder, Eastshore Aviation LLC, plans to sell about 3.1 million common shares in an underwritten secondary offering.

Eastshore Aviation is an investment arm of regional carrier Air Wisconsin and was a major investor in the US Airways' reorganization. According to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Eastshore Aviation first acquired 8.3 million shares of US Airways in September for $565 million.

US Airways exited Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection last fall after being taken over by America West Holdings Corp. The airline retained the US Airways brand name.

US Airways currently has 86.1 million shares outstanding.

Goldman Sachs is underwriting the offering.

Shares of US Airways fell in premarket trading, shedding $1.15, or 2.5 percent, to $45.55.

HUMMMMMMMM :blink:

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/finance/industry/ne...older.html?.v=2

Back