Herman Lorenz

N.O.E.

Nov 12, 2003
It is with sadness that I inform those on the web of the passing of Herman Lorenz. Most of us knew him as 'Herman the German' Of Hi-wood helicopters and that he was of great character. Its always sad when we lose one of the good old boys of the industry and Herman was one of the most unique for sure. He passed away on the 28th after a quick battle with cancer he was 65. We'll all miss ya Herman-Ya Ya Ya!

Likewise - Never knew Mr Lorenz but the helicopter industry is a tight knit family at times and when one passes on, it is felt throughout the industry.

Condolences to his friends, family and work colleagues.

Heli Ops

I have fond memories of Herman, the German! I obtained my instructor's licence under his tutelage in 1979 (or so). He has always been an outspoken and passionate supporter of free enterprise in the helicopter world!

You always knew where you stood with Herman!

I had the pleasure of flying beside him last year in Bragg creek, He was certainly a good character. God bless all his friends and family.

Definently a sad day. I also had the pleasure of working with Herman. He was a true gemtleman. Best wishes to his family.

Although I have shared this Southern rockpile with Herman for over 20 years, I never had the pleasure of actually meeting him. My sincere condolences go out to all of his family and friends.

the "Hermanator" is gone??? :shock: :shock:

this truly is a shock as we worked side by side for much of the summer fighting fire from Elbow fire base. This truly is a loss to the industry......

a true nobleman, always a straight shooter.....................

go in God's peace Herman...............

we are gonna miss you........................ :( :(

hey 412, I will be in Abbotsford possibly for a few days again, If you are around I 'll try and swing in.

sounds great firehawk. swing round the school, we'll have the coffee on....

you mentioned bragg creek....as in elbow falls base? i was in there with the campbell 212 on rap. which machine were you flying?

:( Yes It was a pleasure knowing Herman, He was a great man and well respected by all who new him! Fly on Herman You Were Truely Great at what you did!!!

Latest posts

Back